All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 16 September 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness - September


 
 
Gifted Gorgeousness - show something you have received as a gift or sent out.
 
If you aren't aware of it you can find out more at Jo's blog, more details at top of the page.
 
Septembers link up can be found here if you want to see other GG participants this month.
 
I've received a lovely shawl last week knitted for me by one of the ladies at a knitting group I attend at the local community centre.  Such a lovely lady who is so kind to others and often gives away her makes.   It's really snuggly and cosy.
 
 
Remember this old deckchair I showed earlier in the summer in the Scavenger hunt post  ......
 
 
The cover was tearing so DH has given it a makeover for me. 
He rubbed it down, stained and oiled it and added a new bright and colourful cover .....
 
 
and using scraps from his wood collection of oddments and the remaining off cut of the deckchair replacement fabric he manufactured a foot stool ..... 
 
 
 
What a great comb for me to enjoy. 
We've still had some warm days so I've been able to sit and read with my feet up.
 
 
The lovely Perran Yarns wool Christine bought for my birthday. 
Couldn't resist the softness of the merino blend anymore so casted on a pair of cable socks. It slips through the fingers so smoothly and is gorgeous. 
 Thanks again Christine x
 
 
 
DS bought me the kit for the Baa-ble hat earlier this year for Mothers Day, I've made a start on it.
 
 
Embroidery kit bought for me a few years ago.  I fancied doing something a bit different so started on this as well last week.
 
 
What's in your GG post this month? 
 
I'm looking forward to stopping by to see.....
 
Many thanks for your visits here.  I see there are some new visitors, waving a hello to you.  Please drop me a comment if you have time, it would be nice to come along and visit with you in return.
 
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Giving a monetary gift to a charity of your choice 
 
Have you heard of amazon smile?  If you purchase anything from amazon and go through the smile amazon a small amount 0.5% is given by amazon to a charity you choose at no extra cost to you.
 
Give as you live is another site that receives funds when you shop. 
You can choose a UK charity of your choice to support when you buy things from certain online stores etc. Over 10,000 charities are signed up, perhaps your preferred one is there. 
 
My family and I have signed up to the RPUK charity to raise much needed funds.
 
 
 
 
 Love and blessings
 
Julie  x
 


22 comments:

  1. Your new chair and foot stool are perfect, your DH is very clever. It's always nice to do a new craft, a lovely start on your embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have rescued and restored the chair. It looks so cheery and welcoming. Your socks look great too - I can almost feel their softness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new chair and the beautiful soft scarf you received. The socks and hat your making look warm and cozy. Good luck with your embroidery start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful gifts! You must love sitting out in your chair with your feet up. The shawl is gorgeous and the socks look cozy. I always like starting a new embroidery project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many lovely things in this post. I love your new shawl, that will keep you warm and cosy now that the weather is on the turn. What a clever hubby you have, such a smart new deckchair and matching footstool in a cheery fabric. Your socks look so pretty, such a gorgeous colour and a nice pattern which shows the yarn off. I bought the pattern and some yarn to make the Baable Hat a while ago but still haven't started it, I'm hoping to get round to it soon. Enjoy your stitching, it's a pretty design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I do like your new deckchair and footstool, they are perfect for sitting and reading.
    Your knitting and stitching look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always impressed with a successful redo and your chair and new footstool are very impressive!! Love the pretty sock color and pattern. How lovely to be gifted that pretty shawl!! Great start on the pretty embroidery. YOur hat is the perfect autumnal color too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. DH did a great job on your deckchair and stool. Given how changeable the weather is your new shawl will be welcome. Your embroidery and knitting are looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your chair and foot stool! :D And the scarf you received is lovely. I really like the socks you are making! ;) I hope you have a wonderful week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. You have been spoiled with your gifts! Love that scarf, it does look cosy now the temperatures are cooling.
    I have signed with Easy Fundraising as our school PTA are registered with them. We needed a new cooker this month and the school got £3.03 from it!
    In answer to your previous post - I volunteer regularly. At the moment I run a Toddler Group (15 years and counting) and belong to the PTA (11 years and counting). I also admin a couple of support groups online. I have volunteered for years, even when I worked full time I did 2 hours a week on a helpline. My brother records the local Newspaper for the hearing impaired as well as working full time. Everyone can find time to do something, even just an hour once a month makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What gorgeous gifts you received, the shawl is a lovely colour and a handy size for the shoulders and that pretty yarn from Christine, so soft and delicate looking. I love the deckchair makeover and now you have a footstool to match, clever man.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The shawl looks so cosy and a lovely colour too. I like your 'new' deckchair and foot rest it's just begging to be used for sitting and relaxing:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful makeover for your deckchair and the footstool is a perfect addition. You have some lovely projects that you are working on - that Baa-ble hat is going to be cute.🙂

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful shawl, what a lovely gift to receive! And a "new" chair and stool, wonderful!
    The socks and hat look good, I like both of the colours, so different.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your deckchair looks like new!
    The Perran wool knits up wonderfully doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. The deckchair looks fab, I love the matching footstool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Julie, your shawl is so pretty and looks so soft. Love the color. And, your chair looks fantastic with its pretty new stripe fabric...great job. Love you knitting...your wool is so lovely. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I just love the shawl that was gifted to you--such a rich color. It will be perfect for these cooler fall evenings! The chair re-do is perfect--love the jaunty red and white stripes.

    Happy knitting, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely to read back and see you've had a few days away, while we need these Dr appointments etc, isn't it nice to have a week clear of them all. Lovely to see your sock knitting, looks a lovely soft wool.. and so relaxing to knit. Isn't your hubby clever I don't know if I 'd trust mine to do a deck chair anyway I 'm at the age where getting out of one is almost impossible!! Take care.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Isn't redoing things awesome! It looks so happy and ready to relax in. And a bonus new footstool that looks like it was sold as a set! Good job, Mr. Julie!

    That sock yarn looks so pretty (maybe too pink ;)) but I love the subtle variations in it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Julie, a fabulous grab bag of GG this month - looks like you are having lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, such lovely gifts! The shawl looks warm and soft! How kind of your husband to redo your chair and add the footstool. He seems to be as crafty as you! The kits you were given look nice too, nice start on the hat and the embroidery! You are one talented lady!!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, thank you.

It's lovely to hear what you think and it's always nice to read any comments that are left by readers.

I do appreciate each and every comment, thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.