All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Saturday, 28 July 2018

JULY - scavenger hunt photo challenge

Time for this months scavenger hunt snapshots



 linking up with Kate and the others here


DOOR

Measuring 7' 1" x 3' 10" it is not a standard door by any means.

It is 18th century, made of oak and is the front door to Newarke Houses Museum.

 


SHADOW

During the recent heatwave this month I have sat often in the shadow of the hedge in the garden in the good old fashioned deckchair. 

 
I took this picture then realised that the book i had just finished would also fit - "The Shadow Sister"  
 


11 O'CLOCK

 
Time for elevenses.....




TEXTURE

Feltwork by a local crafter
 


VIEW

I love to watch the sun setting over the sea at Hunstanton when in Norfolk

 
 
OWN CHOICE

A cosy nook in the garden, a place to sit and eat, or read a book and enjoy the wildlife that comes.

 
 
Love and blessings
 
Julie
 

22 comments:

  1. My favourite is your own little spot where you can relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever you with shadow and your elevensies look rather good :) thank you for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your relaxing chair. And it must have been so comfy while reading your book. Great looking treats at eleven! Have a wonderful week Julie. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post, I especially liked seeing the sun setting over the sea at Hunstanton, Norfolk.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely door; old wooden doors are wonderful. The elevenses looks very yummy. My favourite photo (even though it is so sad) is the one for Texture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The view across the sea is lovely, very calming and peaceful. I had a little arbour just the same as yours at our previous house, it was next to the pond and I used to sneak out there in the morning with my first mug of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your elevenses look really tasty, especially in your garden nook. What a wonderful door too, and a perfect book for shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos, love elevenses, sometimes we have elevenses at ten but most of the time eleven!

    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you cosy nook, beautiful photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I especially love your cosy nook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos. I know Newarke Houses Museum and have visited many times. I love your elevenses and your cosy nook and I also remember the glorious sunsets at Hunstanton:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely photos ,I like the cosy nook too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely little spot to sit in the garden :) I like the sea view and your photos for shadow too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't that feltwork beautiful, so poignant. I love your view photo, there's something very relaxing about looking out to see, especially if you're actually there and have the sound effects of the waves lapping on the beach too. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having a hard time again this month, I think the pesky weather has a lot to answer for. It's good to have a nice summer for a change but it would be nice to have a break from the heat every so often.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pictures Julie - I love the Cornishware clock

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun. Thanks for sharing. Love that beautiful door.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a great idea,and your photos are lovely.I love your own choice with your bunting:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shadows in the shadows, such great photos, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely selection & do love your little arbour in the garden. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such beautiful photos Julie. I love your little seating area in your garden, it's so pretty. I will picture you having those delicious elevenses in your lovely garden!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the Cornish Kitchenware Clock. We had a lot of that china when we got married 54 years ago but got rid of it when it went out of fashion. Now of course it is quite pricy. Love your little nook.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely pictures for all of the themes. I love your little corner in the garden, perfect for knitting or reading.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, thank you.

It's lovely to hear what you think and it's always nice to read any comments that are left by readers.

I do appreciate each and every comment, thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.