A group of quilters hold an exhibition of their work once a year with proceeds going to local charities.
They don't charge an entrance fee, but you can pay £1 for a chance to win one of their handmade double bed quilts (I won the prize once).
There are other games you can play too and win handmade goodies.
DH took me on Sunday to this years exhibition at a local village hall, it was lovely to chat with the ladies and see their work.
A few of the quilts on show .....
The tutor of the group is the lady who comes to teach us at the craft group once a year.
Unfortunately, I didn't get to see her as the village also has their open gardens this weekend and hers is one of the wonderful sights on show, her hubby had a problem with his bees!
These are the samples she had on show for classes she will teach.
Love and blessings
Julie x
What amazing quilts, they are all so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteSuch lovely quilts Julie, so much work and time goes into each one. I love pictorial quilts and also Baltimore quilts. I went through a quilting phase years ago and taught myself the basics. It was fun but making large quilts wasn't for me.
ReplyDeleteI made a couple of lap quilts and an appliqué wall hanging but it wasn't really for me.
Beautiful quilts Julie, such a lot of work there. My mum has made two this year for her local church fete raffle.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous quilts, Julie and how cool it would be to win a quilt!
ReplyDeleteOh my Julie they are all such lovely quilts. What a joy it would be to win one. I took quilting lessons once quite a long time ago but then we got orders and moved and I didn't keep it up. I wish I had every time I see such lovely quilts. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilts. I'm always in awe of anyone with such a talent. X
ReplyDeleteWow, how lovely to see so many wonderful quilts in one place, must have been a great day out for you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful event. So many gorgeous quilts on display, I think my favourite is the houses one. It's great that they're able to support charities in this way.
ReplyDeleteThey all look amazing, I especially like the one with the little houses and girls on
ReplyDeleteA lovely day out with your dearest Julie, I have tried quilting but as I do not do straight it was a bit of a disaster lol. I do admire them though and we have a local group that are quilters. Are you taking the course I wonder. You are so talented you won't have a problem.xx
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your day, I love going to quilt shows and admiring all the talent. These are all lovely.
ReplyDeleteWow beautiful quilts. The one with the deer on it would look fantastic in my cabin.
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful quits I would love to learn , but don't think I would have the time.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the photos.
Thank you for sharing these lovelies!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, those are amazing!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the tour, Julie! Such a lot of amazing work!
ReplyDeleteI love quilt shows and always buy plenty of raffle tickets ..... one never expects to win but it’s wonderful when when it happens (and I have been lucky ..... twice)!
Hugs, Barbara xx
Each and every one is just gorgeous--what talented quilters!!
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful quilts! I'm always amazed at how someone can take pieces of fabric and sew them into such intricate patterns.
ReplyDeleteThese are all so lovely! My favorite is the one at the end with the pale greens and blues. Someone had a great eye for color!
ReplyDeleteLove each and everyone of them.
ReplyDeleteWonderful show. It's inspiring to see the work of others.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilts, Julie. The chance to win one for a £1 is a modest ticket price.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing these Julie, they are all so different and beautiful in their own ways! Do you quilt?
ReplyDeleteHow much fun is that? Lovely quilts!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great quilt show! There are a few around here throughout the year that I get to enjoy now and then. Love to see the play of design and color in each one!
ReplyDeleteSuch lovely quilts, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete