All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Saturday, 24 March 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness ~ March

 


Gifted Gorgeousness time again .... i'm sure you all know what this is, but just in case you don't, its organised by Jo.  We do a monthly post to show what you have gifted to others or anything that you have been sent as a gift (some ladies really do shoehorn things in!).  The link-up post for March is here so you can see what others have written about and maybe find new blogs to follow. 
I sent one of my bunnies out as an RAK to Katie - Jeremiah's mum. She was complete with suitcase as Katie loves to travel and I do enjoy reading about the adventures and wonderful places Katie visits.  You'll have to let us know what you have named her Katie.

 
A bookmark thank you gift for a friend at the Book Borrowers group who has gone that extra mile in recent months. Often arriving on my doorstep with homemade cake or cheese scones as a treat and sending messages to my phone to check how I am when she knows things are not so good.
 
 
A little  progress on A Friend Indeed (chart and threads  gift from Clare)
 

A pair of socks on the needles, these are to be a gift. The pattern is Kali Kardia by Helen Kurtz and can be found as a free pattern on Ravelry.  This one is the rib version there is also another version on the free chart.

 
The local University and cathedral gifted the city during Science Week with the chance to see a 7 metre exact copy of the moons surface.  DH and I went along whilst in the city to have a quick peek.  It was huge!   You can read all about it here on the University website.
 
 
 

This past week has seen gifts here at home too.  DS has celebrated his 33rd birthday and also Mother Nature sent some very welcome sunshine as we celebrated the first day of Spring.  
 
Next weekend its Easter and I've taken part in an exchange with an opening day of Easter Sunday.  My parcel has been sent and I've also received an envelope so there will be more gifts to share with you next week.
 
Don't forget UK folks tonight we move the clocks forward ready for British Summer Time.
 
Love and blessings to you all
 
Julie  x

 
 
 
 

 

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful gifts x I think my inner body clock has already moved forward as I have been waking up way before DH alarm has gone off all week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely gifts made Julie, the wool for the socks is gorgeous. Always a shock when the clocks go forward at first. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Julie I love all the gifts you made. They are all special and perfect for each and everyone. I must admit the one you made Katie stole my heart...it is so adorable. May you and your family have a lovely and blessed Easter. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovely gifts Julie. I can't believe that next weekend is Easter weekend. This year has flown by so quickly, sometimes I just want things to slow down a little. Hope things are settled on the health front.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bunny you sent to Katie. how nice of your friend to check on you and you making a thank you gift for her.
    The moon surface looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made such lovely gifts, Julie. I had seen the travelling bunny with her suitcase already on Katie's blog. What wonderful gift for her. And your friend from the book club must have been thrilled with the bookmark. Great stitching.
    I ws waking up an hour too early this morning but I hope that I will settle in with the summer time during the week. It's always a little jet lag ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely gifts Julie , you do have a heart of gold .
    How many rabbits have you knitted now? .
    I love my one , they are so cute.
    Love the book mark .
    Have a good day ,looks like the sun is coming out at last here , rained all day yesterday , hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All such wonderful gifts, you do make some lovely things. How cute is the bunny with the suitcase, perfect for someone who loves travelling. I wonder if Bunny will be taken on Katie's travels. I love how the bookmark has turned out and what a perfect gift for someone who loves to read. I really enjoyed knitting the Kali Kardia pattern and the socks turn out great. Wow, what an undertaking that must have been making a replica of the moons surface, especially one so huge, that must have been quite a sight to see. Wishing your son a belated happy birthday, I hope he had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet bunny you sent! I also love the Scottie bookmark. I had a schnauzer as a child, so I have a weakness for the little Scotties as well since they look so similar. That moon replica is so cool; I would love to see that in person!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful gifts Julie, and the new socks look fabulous. That model moon is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely GG update Julie. You certainly have been busy and generoua this month. I'm looking forward to the Easter Exchange opening on Sunday, my parcel has been received and is hiding from me at the moment!
    That moon model looks incredible, what a fantastic thing to see.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very appropriate gifts for your friends! Love the bookmark, it’s very cute!
    Great progress on “A Friend Indeed”. What cozy socks they will be!
    The moon exhibition looks amazing indeed, and thank you for the link!
    Look forward to seeing your Easter exchange .... sounds exciting!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I do believe this is the first time the Gift of the Moon has been used by anyone! Great gift.

    Love your latest bunny, as does Katie.

    Nice work on the little sampler too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had fun searching for her a name. I picked Harrietta because it means "someone who loves adventure and traveling" on one website I looked at. Since she is my traveling sweetheart I figured that was perfect for her. Again thank you so much for allowing me to have one of your beautiful bunnies. Your bookmark looks great. Congrats on the finish. Great progress on A Friend Indeed. Love the thread for your new socks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww... Katie's bunny is so darling--love the added suitcase :) I'm sure she will have a very special place in Katie's heart. You are really so thoughtful to send out so many bunnies, Julie!

    Lovely gifts and how neat to see that giant moon replica! I still find it incredible that man has actually walked on the moon...

    Enjoy your extra hour of daylight--we got ours on the 11th and it is so wonderful to have the extra light in the evening.

    Wishing you and your family a very Happy Easter, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous sock yarn and a lovely pattern has emerged.I should think the Moon surface was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable bunny you sent Katie, how clever you are and the pretty bookmark for your friend, so useful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Each bunny is more adorable than the last! And I know the recipients must be so pleased with them. Love the bookmark, too! What a pretty piece you are stitching, and that sock yarn is just beautiful! I'm glad you had some sunshine to welcome in spring -- I believe it snowed about eight inches here. : )

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, thank you.

It's lovely to hear what you think and it's always nice to read any comments that are left by readers.

I do appreciate each and every comment, thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.