15th of the month means its time to do a post for the first Gifted Gorgeousness of the year.
I have sent out two RAK's this month.
The first went off to Justine. She commented on a forum I belong to that she had never used silk threads. I have a few and thought it would be nice for her to receive a little surprise in the post and give them a try.
The second envelope I posted out just a few days ago. This one went off to our our dear Jo, the organiser of Gifted Gorgeousness. I sent her one of my bunnies. With Jo's love of all things Halloween she just had to be dressed in black with a purple skirt underneath.
In my almanac book (pic in the last post) it tells of the constellation of stars this month. Last night my granddaughter was getting in the car to go home and said 'look at the black sky and all the bright stars nanny' so we both looked up and sure enough as we were looking south they were amazing. After mummy drove off I nipped back inside to get my almanac and sure enough there it was orion and orions belt so very clear and just like in the book. Exciting stuff and what a gift to see!
This picture courtesy of Wikipedia
For anyone who doesn't know about GG, its anything at all that is gifted. It could be to you, or from you, the rules are very simple. January's link up post can be found here.
I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone has in their GG posts this month. Januarys always a good month as everyone starts the year with such good intentions.
Love and blessings
Julie


Two very thoughtful gifts and an exciting view of Orion.
ReplyDeleteI am sure Justine and Jo both enjoyed their surprise gifts.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteWhat a great thought to give gifts in January .
I love watching the skies at night and to see all the beautiful stars .
Enjoy your week hugs.
Two lovely gifts Julie, it's amazing what's out there isn't it
ReplyDeleteIt's always lovely to receive something through the post, especially when it's such a thoughtful gift, so I'm sure Justine and Jo were thrilled. It's lovely to surprise people too, isn't it? I get a thrill out of giving just as much as receiving.
ReplyDeleteHello there Julie, what lovely raks you sent out this month. I really must get round to sending you an update. We always look for Orion as it reminds us of Sam our grandsons comment when he was younger when he told his mum he had seen Brians belt. Love to both xx
ReplyDeleteThose were two good gifts that you sent Julie.
ReplyDeleteTwo wonderful RAKs Julie.
ReplyDeleteMy lovely bunny still sits next to my computer - how many of them are there out there now?
You should ask them all to send you a postcard (the owners not the bunnies, bunnies have terrible handwriting) from where they ended up and make a scrapbook
You gave wonderful gifts Julie. I saw your perfect bunny on Jo's blog. ;)
ReplyDeleteTwo fantastic gifts. Jo's bunny is just perfect. I've always loved constellations. So thanks for sharing about your star gazing with your granddaughter.
ReplyDeleteLovely gifts you have given out!AriadnefromGreece!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure they loved their gifts. Well done for spotting the stars. I never seem to get past the milk saucepan!
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking part in GG this month in such a special way!
ReplyDeleteI do love my Bunny and she is very happy on my shelf.
Such a cute bunny, and great Halloween outfit too. Hope jocondine loved the threads! Very generous of you all around.
ReplyDeleteYou were very generous, sending out such lovely gifts - the bunny is so cute.
ReplyDeleteSo nice of you to send out the RAKs, Julie, especially the silk floss! Everyone should give silk a try. If I could, I'd stitch everything with silk. :D
ReplyDeleteWhat sweet gifts for Justine and Jo, Julie (lots of J's there!!). The bunny is so perfect for a Halloween lover :) How many does this make now that you have sent out around the world? Such a special gift for so many of us--thank you!
ReplyDeleteHow sweet to send out your little gifts this month! The silk threads are great and so is Jo's Gothic Suffragette haha. :D
ReplyDeleteOrion is my favorite winter constellation. It's very comforting to see his belt!
Thank you very much for the silk threads, I'm looking forward to trying them out. Jo's Halloween bunny is perfect for her. My bunny Hyacinth says hello!
ReplyDeleteLovely gifts, Julie! I'm sure the recipients were very happy! That bunny is so sweet -- love her outfit! And what a beautiful sky. The only constellations I can identify are the Little Dipper and the Big Dipper -- but I still feel excited to see them. : )
ReplyDeleteLovely RAKs Julie, yeah another bunny, how many have you knitted now? How nice your grand daughter is also.interested in the stars, hope your health is good to you this year xx
ReplyDeleteLovely thoughts for the gifts Julie.. hope you're feeling well..
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Goodness, such beautiful RAKs. I adore the Halloween bunnie. Lucky Jo!
ReplyDeleteOh my, Julie, such wonderful gifts for Justine and Jo. They must have been thrilled.
ReplyDeleteI am sure that Jo will treasure the bunny, Julie. We can see Orion's belt here in the sothern hemisphere, too, but as we are the right side up as a kid we always called it The Saucepan because that is what it looked like to us!
ReplyDelete