All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 26 November 2017

Festive makings

A couple of Christmas gifts to share with you this time before i wrap them up and send them off to Father Christmas - he'll be dropping down my chimney before I know it.  A month today and he'll have been and gone!

Simple, plain navy socks were requested - easy to knit, just a few rows at a time when you have a spare five minutes.

 
A surprise for a family member will be in their Christmas stocking after they commented how lovely our one of these was last year.  The original came in a little complete kit purchased from a craft show.  Easy to reproduce when you have the pattern and luckily I saved it and found where it was hiding.
 
 
Today is reveal day for the November challenge Christine sets us. This time is was from Alita.
 
I've really enjoyed a little needle time with this easy design and got two baubles stitched onto plastic canvas, backed with felt and finished off with a ribbon hanger.  Two little gifts that will pop into a Christmas card envelope real easily (and being flat cut down on postage costs)
 
 
Are you busy making gifts and thinking time is running away with you?  
 
Love and blessings to you all
 
Julie 
 
 

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful finishes. I love the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your makes, very festive. I'm on top of my Christmas crafting, I just wish I could say the same about the gifts I've yet to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, it’s nice to hear someone else say Father Christmas, people seem to say Santa more nowadays, but his always been Father Christmas to me. A lovely, warm pair of socks and such a cute button Father Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to work on some little gifts for some of the staff at my mum's nursing home and some colleagues too. I try not to make them Christmas themed in case I don't get them finished in time:-) Hope all is well with you at the moment Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what beautiful projects. I love your too cute Santa pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some beautiful makes Julie. Hand knitted socks are always a favourite. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy with some beautiful finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, time is totally running away! But I feel better about this year than previous ones so that is a positive haha. Your little bobbles are so nice! They will look lovely on someone's tree. Great socks too. They really are great for a few minutes since they rely more on measurements over x-amount of rows!

    ReplyDelete

  9. Oh yes Julie time is going way to fast for me.
    Love the socks , and the ornaments are wonderful .
    Enjoy a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely finishes Julie
    Yes it is sneaking up on us isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous gifts! I say Father Christmas but Santa is quicker to type LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the santa, and the cross stitched baubles. The socks look lovely and warm

    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. All these little gifts are wonderful and will enjoy the recipients a lot.
    I always want to start early making little gifts for friends and relatives but somehow I never manage. As you say it - time flies away from me. But I still have some time this year ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finishes Julie. I love the Santa gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such great gifts, Julie! I especially love the little Santa pillow with his button beard--adorable...

    I certainly feel like I'm running out of time--am way behind from all I did for Thanksgiving. Sure wish we could move Thanksgiving up to when Canada celebrates theirs in early October :)

    Thinking of you and sending all positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello my friend, I am as usual chasing my tail ,love the little Santa ornament , the socks will be well received I am sure especially as the weather gets colder. Will be sending you an e mail soon , off to Salisbury tomorrow for the scan. Hope all is well with you and family ,many hugs.xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What lovely gifts Julie, those socks look toasty warm and your sweet Father Christmas pillow is a perfect gift! I don't craft at all for Christmas, I have enough to do! Maybe one day when I've retired!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great socks and pretty gifts,Julie.I have completed a stitching gift for someone special and now I am enjoying some knitting and stitching with no deadlines.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You do such a lovely job on everything you make, Julie! I love the Santa pillow - there are going to be some very pleased gift recipients this Christmas. : ) I'm trying to finish up a couple of things that I actually started last Christmas for some people on my list. I think I've discovered that I have a hard time making to a deadline. : ) Take care ~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful work Julie, love the socks and the gorgeous santa pillow with buttons. perfect gift

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, thank you.

It's lovely to hear what you think and it's always nice to read any comments that are left by readers.

I do appreciate each and every comment, thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.