All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Wednesday, 5 April 2017

Missed the deadline

The end of March means reveal time for the monthly challenge over at Needlecraft Haven.  For those who do not know about it, the monthly challenge is an ornament chart chosen by Christine, always a freebie that you can stitch and finish using anything you like.  It means that come Christmas we all have 12 lovely ornaments to use ourselves or give away as gifts to friend and family.

I missed the deadline for the reveal day, only a few days late, but still not good enough!  Here's my version of the March choice from Pineberry Lane from 2011.  I'm using up scraps of fabric for these this year and a piece of 18ct grey aida seemed the perfect background for this primitive design.  A little Nordic type red ribbon brightened it up and the inclusion of two little silver jingly  bells finished it off a treat.

 
The others in the March gallery are here.
 
The cable socks, a design from Christine over at Winwick Mum, were completed for DH.  He's very pleased with them.    
 
 
Another pair of socks in the West Yorkshire Spinners Hollyberry colour are already on the needles (forgot to take pic of those), I think I have a sock knitting addiction!  They are so easy to pop into your bag and take along to hospital appointments - of which I have been to a couple recently and more to come.
 
Four Seasons Sampler by Giulia Punti Antichi has had quite a bit of attention.
 
Summer was finished....
 
 
and over halfway stitched on Autumn... 
 

 
The whole piece looks like this now....

 
I don't know why this has sat in the drawer for such a long time?  Like most of us, we acquire stuff and forget what we have and only find things when we are sorting out or looking for something we are sure we have and have put it 'somewhere'.   I came across a few things when I 'found' this one, some old designs that really need to see the light of day and will be coming out of hiding this year.
 
I hope you are finding time for your hobbies.  I know with the growing season starting in earnest now it means that crafting does not happen so much for those who enjoying growing seedlings and pottering about outside especially now the clocks have sprung forward here in the UK and you can be outside in the late afternoon sunshine till later.
 
Happy stitching, knitting, crafting and growing, i'll look forward to reading about your hobbies in your next blog post.
 
Love and blessings
 
Julie
 

23 comments:

Christine said...

Lovely challenge finish Julie, and you're doing better than I am, I've not even got round to printing it out!
The four seasons piece is looking good and the socks are fab.

butterfly said...


Julie I love the ornament so cute with the bells.
Love the socks too, I could do with them today it's sunny but my feet are cold .
Oh I love your WIP it is so pretty , keep it well out of your drawer I am loving it.
Have a good week hugs.

Jo said...

Lots of lovely finishes this month. I like the idea of adding bells to the ornament, very festive and the cable socks are smashing. I've got a sock addiction too, three pairs on the needles at the moment and more I want to cast on.

Lesley said...

Lovely ornament finish,such a great idea to stitch one Christmas ornamet a month.
I love DH's socks and your Four Seasons Sampler is very pretty.

Mii Stitch said...

Oh your WIP sampler looks so pretty! And it is coming along really nicely too.
Great ornament finish for the challenge. Good idea to use freebie charts!

Barb said...

Love your challenge piece Julie and were your socks (or should I say DH socks)done on 4 needles or a circular one or even straight ones? I may take some knitting on hols with me but have to be fairly simple Hugs to both.

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Lovely stitching and knitting, Julie! I love your Joy ornament--it's really special.

Vickie said...

Cute ornament Julie! Love the socks very much! The seasonal sampler is great. Glad you dug it out. ;)

Carol said...

Your little Joy ornament made me smile this morning, Julie--what a cutie! And the seasonal piece is just stunning--so many sweet details in that one. Glad you've picked it up again... I, like you, have many treasures in my stash just waiting to be picked up. I really should go look through my Easter charts right now and, perhaps, squeeze one last one in before the 16th :)

Hope your weather warms and you'll get to spend some time in your garden working away or sitting and stitching!

Kerryp77 said...

Beautiful stitching Julie. The 4 seasons piece is so lovely.

Winwick Mum said...

Your cable socks are lovely - they look great in that colour! Love your other projects too - you have been busy! xx

Julie said...

This pair were knitted as per Christine's instructions using DPN's and a small 30cm circular needle

Julie said...

Very nice your WIP sock knitting is too....

Mini said...

I like the idea of stitching a ornament a month, you will be well prepared for xmas decor. The socks are lovely and you current WIP has some pretty colors.

Maggie said...

Lovely stitching and knitting again Julie.
I do love the seasons piece you're working on, so sweet.

Justine said...

I love how you finished the Pineberry Lane ornie Julie, the ribbon and bells are just perfect! Gorgeous socks and your WIP is too pretty to sit in a drawer so stick with it!

Katie said...

What a beautiful finish. Love your finishing technique. The socks look cozy and warm. I love the seasonal piece. You've got a lot done.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You made a great job of the Challenge piece. Lovely choice of finishing materials.
I love that Four Seasons designs, I can't imagine why that got put away! It's wonderful and I'm so pleased it resurfaced!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Such a pretty finish for the Challenge design, Julie. Your other stitching and knitting is great as always.

Brigitte said...

So lovely how you finished your little ornament. It's always amazing to see how different the design looks when finished in different ways.
Your seasons sampler looks gorgeous. And I'm very curious to see what wonderful oldies you found when browsing through your stash.

blue star stitcher said...

Cute ornament finish, love the red ribbon trim along the sides. I have a few projects that got tucked away for no better reason than I got distracted by something new. It is always fun finding those projects again and still loving the design.

Linda Harris said...

I love primitive stitch designs and your Christmas decoration is so sweet. Your four seasons is looking fabulous. I agree we do acquire and put aside many projects, but it's nice to rediscover some of them and have a renewed interest to finish them. Take care and have a wonderful week x

Kaisievic said...

Love your March ornie and great socks! Your four seasons sampler is lovely, too.