All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, 15 March 2016

Gifted Gorgeousness - March

The 15th of the month so that means it's time for a Gifted Gorgeousness post. 

Created by the lovely Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching, a way to show what kind and wonderful people crafting folks are with their lovely gifts they send out to others.

The rules are quite simple and can be found on Jo's sign up page at the top of her blog
 
March's link up page can be found here if you want to see what Gifted Gorgeousness posts everyone else has made.
 
This month I've gifted my daughter a new pair of hand knitted socks ...
 

Let's take a closer look, oh dear there seems to be somewhat of a faux pas - yes, I ran out of wool just at the toe of the second sock.  I tried to knit faster so the wool went a bit further (does anyone else do that when they are nearing the end, or is it just me!)  
 
 
My daughter wasn't bothered about the differing toe end as they will be inside her wellington boots when she's doing her gardening.
 
The travelling chart has been gifted on to June, she's received it today and inside the envelope I added one of my bunnies and a little sticky notepad with a hare looking at the moon - an envelope filled with bunny rabbit delights.  Happy stitching of the chart June.
 
 
A little square design that is going off to Stitch for Syria.  A gift for them to make into a wall hanging.  You can find out about that here.  I've seen a few of these on blogs recently, and measuring 2.2" square they don't take long at all to stitch up.  I chose to use purple thread as that is supposed to be a healing colour and I had some scraps of 14ct aida in my box that was perfect for the job.
 
 
The Joyful SAL for March is my final addition to this months gifted gorgeousness post.  A design gifted to all stitchers from Maja at the Snowflower Diaries.   I decided on a hand dyed piece of blue fabric for this month. 
 
 
Time for me to nip off and visit your blogs to see what gifted gorgeousness you have all been sending/receiving since last months post.
 
Love and blessings
 
Julie
 
 

27 comments:

Kerryp77 said...

Beautiful work on the snowflower SAL. The socks look cosy and I'm sure June will love her parcel of rabbity fun.

Marie said...

Those socks are wonderful…I especially like the toe. :-)
How nice of you to include that ADORABLE bunny and note pad with the traveling chart. You certainly are talented with the knitting needle!
Your charity block is very pretty and the March block is too cute.

Tiffstitch said...

Great socks and how lucky for the recipient! Your bunny is so cute. Nice work on everything else as well.

stitchersanon said...

Gorgeous..love the socks!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

I love your "unique" socks. The Sunflower Diaries freebie is precious!

Lesley said...

Lovely socks,I like the different coloured toe,very individual.Great stitching on the SAL .I llike the colour you used for your charity stitching.

Bea said...

Love the socks - they look so warm - and the bunny. What an extra special treat for June.

Mini said...

Hi Julie, Hopping on from Jo's GG link up post. That is a pretty pair of socks with a unique toe..lol.
I love the bunny you sent to June.
Great work of stitching for charity.

Mini
http://minizdiary.blogspot.com/

Marlene jones said...

Love those socks, make it your unique feature to have one tip of the toes in a darker shade for every pair you make.

Vickie said...

haha! You KNOW I love those socks! And the toe I think is actually really neat. A happy surprise.
What a happy surprise for June to receive one of your bunnies! :D
March looks great! I did mine on blue also.

Christine said...

Lovely stitching and knitting Julie. The toe on the sock is too funny, that is just the sort of thing that usually happens to me. Just call it a "unique designer feature" and carry on :)

Katie said...

I love the socks. Perfect even with the fun colored toe. Just makes them special. Love the purple for the Syria piece. I just love the March SAL pattern. I love the beautiful crane in it.

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely stitching on the Snowflower SAL, those designs are all so cute so far :)
I love the socks too!!

Jo said...

I do love your Joyful World stitching, I'm still on the first month, it's a little challenging as it's only the second cross stitch I've ever done so It's taking a bit of doing, especially with all the spare fabric getting in the way. Hand knitted socks are the most luxurious things, they will keep your daughter's tootsies nice and cosy for sure.

Barb said...

Hi Miss Julie, Another new trend I see developing here ,and it will be easy to see which to search for if one goes missing lol. you are such a busy lady and how I love the colours of the bunny you sent June has she a name yet. Everything again just perfection.
Much love and many hugs to all.

butterfly said...


Lovely pink socks Julie and thank you again for the lovely abbit goodies , hugs.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I'm sure June will love her neat little bunny - they're such a clever design.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thank you for taking part in GG this month.
I love the odd toe sock! It will help her tell her left and right foot apart too.
June will love the bunny in with her chart and Concern will appreciate the stitched square.
Maja's design is wonderful. I am enjoying seeing all the different versions of it.

Carol said...

Oh, how wonderful of you to sent a new bunny to June, Julie--she is adorable... I'm sure you love knowing your bunnies are nestled in homes all over the world :) Lovely color of yarn for the socks and the March Snowflower Diaries piece is so sweet. The pale blue fabric is such a perfect choice for this one...

Hope the rest of March is good to you!

Lainey said...

Love the socks! June is going to be thrilled with her bunny and chart. The Sunflower designs are so pretty too.

Clare - Aimetu said...

Congratulations June - another cute bunny to join the bunny family :-) I quite like the different toe colour on DD's socks :-)

Justine said...

Such beautiful things you make Julie, I love June's bunny and the gorgeous Snowflower Diaries March square. Those socks are perfect, the deep pink toe just adds personality.

geeky Heather said...

I wouldn't look a pair of gift socks in the toe! =) They are beautiful. Love the little rabbit, too. I started late on the Snowflower Diaries...March might be done two Marches from now, LOL! Yours looks great.

Penny said...

I love the socks, Julie. So pretty and I love the toe! June is so lucky to be receiving that adorable little bunny. :) And the March SAL addition looks perfect on that pretty blue fabric.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A lovely unique pair of socks. Most of my stitching group are knitting socks but I haven't caught the bug. The bunny you sent to June is lovely.

rosey175 said...

I wouldn't be bothered by a different toe color! You chose one that matches well. I do find I knit faster a the end too! I am trying to break myself of that because mistakes come out in droves ahaha. Lovely stitching on all and your little bunny is adorable.

Brigitte said...

A joyful GG post, Julie. I live the socks you made for your daughter. And that red tow end on one of them is a really special treat. And June must have been so pleased to receive one of your sweet bunnies with the bunny chart. Yes, you are right - Joyful World is also a gift. Nice March finish.