All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Wednesday, 20 January 2016

Brrr it's mighty cold

The weekend came and so did the white stuff, our garden looked like a magical wonderland

 
A granddaughter, step grandchildren and a sledge made for fun activites on the park Sunday morning but boy was it cold.
 
After a lovely Sunday dinner cooked by my daughter, I was glad to come home, light a roaring fire and sit stitching for the afternoon.  
 
A finish of the next day on the PSS 12 Days SAL happened.  Just two more days to go.  Can I get these completed by the end of the month? 
 
 
Last night saw another finish, this time the Joyful World SAL with the Snowflower Diaries.  This wasn't on the plan for January, but I couldn't resist any longer and needed to see it up for what's left of the month.  A simple flat ornament finish and it now stands on a cheap wooden easel. 
 
It's quite big being stitched on 28ct but hubby really likes it, he's looking forward to February's Mr Drake and his wife now after I showed him what I had printed off - not that he is wishing the month away he says. 
 
  
Wednesday is parlour evening with Barb and the ladies at Needlecraft Haven - virtual stitching group meeting and working on an LHN, CCN or Sampler Girl Design.    A little more was done to LHN Kitty Sampler last week and of course as today is Wednesday it will be out again this evening.  Unfortunately, the picket fence and food bowl doesn't show up too well on the fabric in this picture, it's a bit clearer on the actual stitching.
 
 
Cold weather means cold feet and I was complaining to DH about that as he sat there with his woolly socks on.   He commented that hadn't I bought myself some sock wool not so long back to knit myself a pair?  Thinking about it I seemed to remembered I had .... foraging through cupboards I found it and duly casted on a sock
 
 
I've looked back on blog posts to see if i had blogged it.  I was going to knit me some socks in February 2012  .... golly doesn't time fly when you have other stash to knit and sew... oooops!
 
Have you been hunkering down under the fluffy blankets crafting more with the cold temperatures?   I've seen lots of lovely things being made recently on blogs.
 
I've had an email from a lady to tell me I've won a giveaway on her blog. A lovely chart that I intend to stitch in February. Something else that wasn't on the plan for next month, oh well ... that's life.  I'll tell you all about that when it arrives in the post.
 
A new start tomorrow will be a biscornu, its for the exchange we had at the Autumn meet up with the 5 ladies who were there.  The theme was a valentine themed biscornu and opening day is Valentines Day.  Sorry, but no clue or details about what i'm stitching, that will have to come as a Valentine surprise for blog readers when it's opened and I open what I've received.   I still need to stitch the challenge design chosen by Christine this month, there's still 11 days left of the month, I wonder if i'll get it done for the first deadline of the year which is the last Sunday of the month?  Good job there were 5 weekends in this month.
 
Here's todays happy thought from my page-a-day calendar ...
 
 
Love and blessings to you all
 
 

30 comments:

Kerryp77 said...

Brrrrrr indeed! We've had a sharp frost today but nothing more. You've been very busy. 12 days is coming along nicely. I was very tempted by the snowflower sal. You've stitched and finished mr fox so well. The sock yarn is fab!

Clare - Aimetu said...

Lovely snowy picture and although it's nice to play in it it is much warmer to admire through the window. Your January piece looks lovely, it is nice to have a monthly piece to display. I live the yarn colours for your socks.

Linda Harris said...

Your garden looked magical with the snow - none for us this far down South although it has been colder.

Beautiful stitching - I am sure you will be able to get all 12 days stitched up before the end of the month.

I love the colours of your sock wool which will definitely keep your feet warm and cosy.

Wonderful happy thought for the day.

Take care,
Linda x

Carolyn said...

Hello Julie,
Your PSS 10th day finish looks great. I love your Joyful World SAL what a cute finish. The Kitty Sampler is coming along nicely. I am loving those colors for your socks. I can't wait to see more.

Justine said...

Busy busy lady! I love your idea for displaying the Snowflower Diary SAL, and your PS SAL looks lovely too.

Marlene jones said...

-3 this morning, but I love the snuggle warm evenings. I'm enjoying the stitch along

cucki said...

Brrrr it's really a cold day...I love snow :)
Love your wips..beautiful stitching
Loving the pretty yarn so much too x

Marlene jones said...

No snow here, but bloody cold, night in together, at least is warm inside.

butterfly said...


Lovely stitching again Julie , Looks like you had some of the white stuff it was cold here last night a frosty but seems to have gone warmer now. Keep warm hugs.

Emma/Itzy said...

Lots of lovely stitching and yes we had plenty of the white stuff up here in Scotland at the weekend but by Monday evening it had all gone again.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The garden does look lovely, we mostly just had frost.
You'll have no problem finishing the 12 Days by the end of the month, especially now you've got the January distraction out of the way LOL

Vickie said...

We too are covered in snow. Ours is firmly frozen in place for weeks.
I have also started the Snowflower Diaries SAL. It is so sweet.
Those socks are going to be awesome!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Your garden looks lovely with the snow but also cold. I'm sure your socks when knitted will help to keep you warm. Lovely stitching.

Tina said...

Teeth chattering,its freeeeeeezing!
Love ypur finished January piece,,those socks are going to be so warm and cosy,love the colours.
Xx

Carol said...

Your snow amount looks about the same as ours, Julie--and we are having the same frigid weather! After the mild December it has come as quite a shock to the system :)

The little crow and fox in the SAL piece are so darling and I think the February design is even cuter--can't wait to see yours! Glad that pretty yarn is finally getting used--what a fun pair of socks :)

Stay warm now, Julie--hope your week is going well...

Bea said...

Your garden looks lovely, but please keep the snow. Really, you don't have to share.

2 terrific finishes and I love the wool for your socks.

Maggie said...

Oh i love how the Snowflower Diary one came out :-) that's how I want to display mine, (when i get around to them, lol). Where did you buy the little easel from?

We had a little covering of snow, it was gone by lunch time though. I do love the frosty mornings, i'm an Autumn / Winter person :-)

Take care x

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Love the multi-coloured sock in progress!
Liz

Brigitte said...

Oh Julie, beautiful little finishes that you show here. January is such a sweet piece. And yeah you finished the tenth day. A nice accomplishment. And the kitty sampler is coming along great.

It's really cold where you live. So the socks should help keeping warm :)

Christine said...

Lovely finishes Julie, and the kitty sample is looking lovely.
People will see you coming in those socks :)

Mii Stitch said...

I love the Snowflower Diary calendar!! I really like how you finished yours, it's beautiful :)
The socks colours are so much fun, it's coming along nicely!

Sally said...

I wish we'd had your snow Julie. We have had some lovely frosts and bright, chilly days though. Looks like we're back to rain and milder temps for the weekend. Yuck!

Your SAL piece looks wonderful. I'm saving them to stitch at a later date.

Your socks are looking lovely.

Barb said...

Hello Julie, Oh I think I am going to have to succumb to the Snowflower Diaries as yours looks so lovely. Oh snow ,we have just had it cold ,butdoesnt your garden look pretty with its blanket of snow. Envious I am. Take care and hope you get those socks finished in time to warm those tootsies.
Warm hugs.

Tiffstitch said...

A very busy few days and I love your sock yarn colours. I hope they knit up fast for you. Lovely stitching as well!

Von said...

The snow looks so pretty and I love to admire it from the warmth of my living room. One of these days I'll get a gas insert in my fireplace so I can enjoy a little cozy fire as I admire the snow. :)

Sue said...

Love your socks....

Www.hoosierstitcher.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Lovely work Julie - I am wondering if we will see more snow with the tail end of the snow storms in the USA xx keep warm and well xx

Mylene said...

Beautiful snow picture! WOW! you've been busy...love how you finished off the January SAL.
Lovely colour of the socks.
Happy week.

Penny said...

I love the little fox finish! And your colorful socks, too. I'm afraid I just skimmed over your snow picture. We had over a foot of snow this past weekend and I'm done in from trying to dig out. :) Very true sentiment on your calendar page.

Stitching Noni said...

Brr... too cold for me.... :o)
Love your fox - well done on finishing him! I am still going.... but fingers crossed he will be finished soon and then I can start on Feb! There are just too many nice things to stitch at the moment and not enough time to do them!
Hugs xx