All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Monday, 20 July 2015

Summer Postcard Blog Hop

When you go on holiday you send a postcard, i certainly did last week whilst away in the Welsh mountains having 10 days of internet free time - that's why this post is late, sorry!

When i got home yesterday, i found that i had received a postcard, what a lovely surprise.

The summer postcard blog hop is organised by the lovely Jo from Serendipitous Stitching

The theme for the bloghop this time is pets....... my lovely postcard is from Noni.  You can find her blog Fireflies and Cats in the Garden here.  
 
Perhaps the name of her blog gave you a clue as what her pet would be....
 


She wrote a lovely note about her pets ......
 
What do pets mean to me?
 
Well.... for a starter I don't remember a day of my life when I haven't had a pet beside me.... I grew up with cats and dogs and have continued on with always having one or the other, or both, in my life since leaving home.  I look forward to the day when I can retire and take up a full time occupation of being a crazy cat lady!  
 
My Mum adores cats as well... I remember when I was about 8 or 9 years old we had 21 cats.... all three of our female cats had kittens and our one tomcat was probably the father of them all!!! That was before there was a vet in town and it became the norm to de-sex your cats before they got into trouble!! :o)
 
I don't think I would know what to do if I didn't have a cat or dog in my life - there is nothing nicer than coming home to a wagging puppy or smoochy kitty!
 
The picture I picked for the blog hop is of a black and white kitty that I stitched a number of years ago for a birthday card swap for my very first online craft group.  The link to the original post is http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/ihsw-that-wasnt.html
The designer of the kitty is Lesley Teare and it was originally published in Cross Stitch Crazy in 2010. I have stitched quite a number of cats over the years and it was quite hard to choose one for the blog hop!
 
Thank you Noni for such a wonderful card.  I always think a stitched card is such a special gift and I'm sure yours was very well received.  
 
21 cats though ... wow... that is a lot of cats at one time.  I'm a cat lover too and we have had 4 ourselves at one time, but now just one little chap resides here at home with us although my neighbour has 6 and they are often to be found in our garden looking for a cuddle and a little treat to eat.
 
Welcome to the bloghoppers who have come along to visit and see my postcard, i hope you enjoyed your visit and will come back again.   I am seriously behind with blog reading after 10 restful and fabulous days away with no internet, so need to plan some time to catch up later this week. 
 
I'll share some holiday snaps in my next post.
 
Blessings to you all
 
 
 

16 comments:

stitchersanon said...

I agree. I don't know how I would get through a day without a cuddle from one of my dogs, or a telling off from my geese. Animals really are the cherry on top of the cake. It's a lovely design and fantastically stitched xx

Vickie said...

What a cute cat to send your way! I too grew up with many cats and dogs. I am glad you had a nice time for 10 days Julie.

Ranae Ehmen said...

Lovely, what is life without a pet!!??

Lesley said...

What a lovely summer postcard.

Clare - Aimetu said...

What a lovely card to arrive home to :-)

butterfly said...

Such a sweet card , nice welcome home hugs.

Lumiruusu said...

Lovely card with black and White kitty-Noni wrote some very wise words..and was 100% right.I love so much my two Norwegian Forest cats and a Chow Chow girl Misty :)

Bea said...

That's a great postcard and she is so right about the value of pets in our lives. Can't imagine my home without my 2 fur brats.

Just found your blog through the blog hop.

Stitching Noni said...

I am so pleased you liked my kitty card :o)
Hugs xx

Carol said...

Your Welsh mountain holiday sounds perfect, Julie! And all that time without internet access must have been very relaxing for you...

Love the postcard sent your way--very cute! I look forward to seeing your holiday photos next time :)

Christine said...

What a lovely card Julie. Glad you enjoyed your holiday

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Summer Postcard Hop. And how nice to come home to a lovely postcard!

Astrids dragon said...

You can't go wrong with cats!
So jealous of your holiday, hope you had a wonderful time there.

blue star stitcher said...

Very pretty card, and I can't imagine coming home to a house with no pets eager to great me.

Maggie said...

They say that a house is not a home without a cat, we always had pets growing up and ever since I've been married we have always had a dog or cats, at times both. It wouldn't be the same coming back without that welcome.
X

Brigitte said...

What a nice postcard you received from Noni. And such a cute little cat.