All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Wednesday, 24 December 2014

Christmas Eve

Here in the UK it's dark, all preparations are complete and it's time to sit and relax on Christmas Eve.  Time for me to catch my breath and write a quick blog entry with some final festive finishes before the big day.

Some of you are already celebrating Christmas Day, the wonders of modern technology where we can interact in a split second and be in touch across the globe, some will have their Christmas Day start a while after I do tomorrow.

This past week I've been busy getting things finished in time, but I did make time to go and have a word with Santa's reindeer when I visited the garden centre to make sure his santa-nav had my address in it!

 
My sewing machine has been out.  Santa's Village finally got made into the bunting I had planned for it  (about time too I hear you all say lol)



 
I'm so pleased with how it looks and so is DH, he's asked how many hours stitching there is in it?
 I've no idea, a lot was my answer!

 
My daughter Amy's Christmas stocking was also made up on the sewing machine after I added the final stitch.  She is thrilled with it and it hangs on her fireplace next to my granddaughters which I made last year.
 
 
A little handmade gift for my granddaughter Isabelle's stocking.  A fairy doll which is a free pattern from Deramores.   After 3 attempts at the wings they are nothing like the pattern says I made them up myself as the original ones were huge.
 
 
and finally a little felt pillow kit that I picked up at the NEC stitching show in November.  I loved making this and have kept the pattern to make more next year.
 
 
Earlier this month I was stitching away on a little birthday gift for Sally.   A free design from the Snowflower Diaries. There is a witch for each season, this one being Winter witch, Sally's favourite time of the year so the perfect design.   Just a little pillow edged with some snowball trim.  I loved this and struggled to put it into the envelope to send to Sally.
 
 
Someone has been stitching something for me too.  Gaynor over at Stitchers Anon sent me the most beautiful handmade ornament using one of her lovely designs with Holmsey hare on it.  
 

It arrived on the very day that I had been to school to see Isabelle in her first pre-school nativity play and she actually sang that very Christmas Carol 'Away in a Manger' during the performance.  Each year when I put this onto my tree I will be reminded of that very emotional day.  Thank you so much Gaynor for your kindness, its such a wonderful, special and perfect ornament and I love it.

I'd like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas

 
I hope you have a fabulous time with those you love and hold dear.
 
My thoughts are with those of you who like me will have an empty place at their festive table as we remember loved ones that are no longer with us.
 
Blessings to you all
 
 

21 comments:

Clare - Aimetu said...

Merry Christmas to you and all the family!y, Santa's Village is beautiful and Isabelle's stocking is a treasure.

Heather said...

Merry Christmas Julie! What a great idea for the Santa' s villages. I may have to copy that. :-)

Your stitching is lovely! I hope that you have a lovely day tomorrow!

Brenda A said...

ThE bunting looks awesome!! Such a great idea!

rosey175 said...

Oooh what a wonderful way to finish your village; the bunting looks awesome~

I like the snowball trim on your winter witchy gift! I'd have a hard time parting with such a cute stitch too. :D

Gillie said...

Beautiful stitching, dear friend, I am so glad we got to meet this year....
A lovely dinner in Wyoming, back at the hotel at midnight, sleep then ready to face the day with the Cowboys! The wind is howling.....but no snow yet!

Hazel said...

What a lovely post julie. I love your bunting. That is a very unique way to display your stitching. Love the little fairy doll and the felt Santa. There's just too much! Beautiful ornies sent and received as well. Merry Christmas julie. Have a lovely day. X

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The bunting is a great idea. Lovely stitching as always. Happy Christmas to you and your family

Barb said...

Oh miss julie, phenomenal knitting I love the fairy the stitching is gorgeous absolutely love it all.I keep telling you -practically perfect in every way
much love Barb.

Heidi Kuijer said...

Your bunting is absolutely adorable! And it fits that window perfectly. Adorable ornaments both made by you and received.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and may 2015 be your best year yet!

Hugs from Holland,
Heidi

Melanie said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!!
The bunting looks fabulous. As does EVERYTHING. You were so busy making goodies this month! The pom-pom fringe on the 'witch' pillow is crazy @@#$@#$# cute. So perfect.

Christine said...

Wow Julie, the Santa's Village bunting looks fabulous!
All your other makes are fabulous too, I adore the little stuffed Santa with all those buttons.
Have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy New Year

Vickie said...

The bunting! What a great idea! And your daughter's stocking is just perfect! I hope your Christmas was just lovely.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your bunting is gorgeous, such a good idea.
I can see why you didn't want to part with Sally's pillow too. I love those four designs but have only stitched the Spring Witch so far!
I didn't get to see a proper children's nativity this year so I missed out on Away in a Manger.

Carin said...

Beautiful pieces again and I love your Santa's Village bunting, such a great idea !!
Hope you had a lovely Christmas.

Jan Gartlan said...

Wow your bunting is gorgeous. I love all your finishes. Happy New Year

Michelle said...

Oh Julie your bunting looks wonderful - lovely post xx

Mylene said...

Such beautiful finishes, Julie!
Happy New Year and warm wishes for 2015!

Kate said...

Julie, your bunting is F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S! Love all your other Christmas projects too.
Wishing you all a peaceful New Year.

Angela P said...

I too love what you did with the bunting, it is a great finish :) Happy New Year!

Carol said...

Oh, what a fabulous bunting, Julie--it's just wonderful!! And I adore the little piece you made for Isabelle's stocking and the felt Santa ornament... Like all of your work, they are just wonderful!

Happy New Year, Julie!

Brigitte said...

What a terrific idea to make a bunting out of the Santa's Village individual designs. And the stocking you made for your daughter is just a dream. This year I will also start to stitch a stocking for my grandson, I'm just looking for patterns in my many magazines.
Great ornaments that you stitched and received.