Tuesday is SAL with Gillie
Nature Alphabet had J for juniper added. A very simple square this time although I stitched mine on Thursday instead of Tuesday as I had an appointment with a bedtime story and a little lady on Tuesday.
It gets even nicer with each letter added. Each little square is like a mini finish in itself.
Wednesday is another SAL night with Barb and the ladies at NH.
Santa Village is my project for this year. Cottage number 8 is Candy Cane Cottage. This week the roof had its repairs finished (now that I found the thread that was hiding in the safe place - we all have one and its so elusive sometimes!) and we also had a little snowfall.
Weekend UFO SAL
Irish Garden is my only UFO project. Jo pointed out, it can't be a UFO as you're now working on it, so it makes it a WIP ..... I guess she's right lol.
Lots done this week, as hubby was watching something on the TV all afternoon Sunday that I had no interest in at all, so I was able to count and concentrate on the little fiddly half and quarter stitches and complete the top right quarter flower border and get the trellis panels added too. Two sessions this weekend instead of one, can't be bad, I must have been enjoying it.
Growing well, although there is no chance that it will be finished for this St Patrick's Day! There are still two more rows of outer border flower beds to add even when I've completed the centre panels. Perhaps it will be finished for next years celebrations.
A little knitting finish too. An aran cardigan for my granddaughter Isabelle. The yoke is knitted separately and you add it on afterwards. Quite an easy pattern really, but very effective.
I've been curled up in my chair with a good book this past week. Have you read this one? The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society What a title, try and remember that to tell someone else!
The book description reads ...
It's 1946 and author Juliet Ashton can't think what to write next. Out of the blue, she receives a letter from Dawsey Adams of Guernsey - by chance, he's acquired a book that once belonged to her - and, spurred on by their mutual love of reading, they begin a correspondence. When Dawsey reveals that he is a member of the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, her curiosity is piqued and it's not long before she begins to hear from other members. As letters fly back and forth with stories of life in Guernsey under the German Occupation, Juliet soon realizes that the society is every bit as extraordinary as its name.
It was a lovely read and thoroughly enjoyable. My copy has now been passed on to one of my Book Borrowers. It was taken from me on Thursday at a crafting group as the lady in question couldn't wait till tomorrows meeting to start it. It's an older book being published in 2008 with a very sad tale about the author and her passing away before it was published to the wider world.
Thanks Gillie for the recommendation, I loved it.
Have a lovely week everyone whatever plans you have for it.
I love to hear what others are reading and this book sounds very interesting. Your letters are coming along nicely.
ReplyDeleteOh, Isabelle's cardigan is pretty!
ReplyDeleteIrish Garden is coming so nicely.
So is Nature Alphabet.
I know I've said it before but this garden sampler is just perfect! Your stitching is so neat, it looks beautiful :)
ReplyDeleteLovely stitching, & such a pretty little cardigan! The book sounds interesting : )
ReplyDeleteIsabelle's cardigan is lovely as is all your stitching. It's a good read isn't it - thanks to Gillie for choosing it for last month's reading challenge - I wonder who is next to nominate a book :-)
ReplyDeleteLove your WIPs--Irish Garden is gorgeous! Isabelle will love her pretty sweater. The book does sound interesting, I'll have to see if my library has it.
ReplyDeleteLovely progress on all your pieces and Isabelles cardigan is cute.My Nan used to knit all my cardigans.
ReplyDeleteI have heard of that book before in a magazine review i think but not read it.
Wonderful stitching, Julie! I like watching your SAL's grow!!
ReplyDeleteLove the cross-stitching, and the little knitted cardigan
ReplyDeleteJulie xxxxxxx
Julie you have been busy again, I love all your stitching every thing is looking so beautiful , and how cute the knitting , wishing you a lovely week.
ReplyDeleteI cant remember the last time I treated myself to a good book. Time to methinks. I wasnt sure about the Irish Garden but as I see it grow I am falling in love with it..it is very pretty. Lovely knitting and an overall excellent post all round lol
ReplyDeleteLove how Natures Alphabet is coming along. I knitted Lily that cardigan and it was a lovely easy knit to do. x
ReplyDeletelooks like you have been very busy x
ReplyDeleteLovely stitching, and I love Isabelle's new cardigan!
ReplyDeleteWow you have been productive, it all looks great, I love the alphabet one. Your granddaughters cardi looks really pretty.
ReplyDeleteLike the book review I like reading books in that period, I haven't read any about Guernsey though.
Take care
Peg x
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI love your Nature Alphabet. It is so pretty. Irish Garden is coming along nicely.
ReplyDeleteYour stitching is looking fantastic - especially like the alphabet.
ReplyDeleteNothing like a good book to read - most of my reading takes place during my breaks at work.
Beautiful stitching,your alphabet is gorgeous and I love Candy Cane Cottage.It is so good to see a beautifully knitted jacket too,so much prettier than bought ones.
ReplyDeleteI have read the Guernsey Literary Potato Peel Society and thoroughly enjoyed it. I liked Guernsey too,when we holidayed there in 2006,lovely place.
Yes, I think Jo is right and I do it the same way, lol. Your WIPs show some nice progress and it's so lovely to see them grow from post to post.
ReplyDeleteCongratulatuions on finishing that adorable little sweater for your granddaughter. She will look so sweet in it.
Whew what a title for a book--not sure I could remember the name to tell anyone what I was reading
ReplyDeleteSuch a darling little cardigan for Isabelle, Julie--I'm sure she will look so sweet in it... Lovely progress on your WIPs and I'm glad you enjoyed the book. I really liked it when I read it a few years back...
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your week!
Lovely stitching as usual. Both your garden themed pieces are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI saw this on the Needleprint blog, wouldn't your grandaughter look cute in this cardi?
http://needleprint.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/sampler-cardi-for-little-girl.html
That book is awful, I can just imagine someone coming into the shop and trying to remember the title and getting all the words wrong!
Lots of lovely stitching going on Julie :-) Isabelles cardigan Is really pretty too, us Nanna's do come in handy sometimes don't we, lol.
ReplyDeleteI was intrigued by the title of the book when I saw this months read on NH, unfortunately I haven't had time to get around to reading it, but I will keep it in mind. Looking forward to seeing your choice this month :-)
Have a good week xx
So many wonderful things Julie! Love the progress on your Irish Garden and the Santa's Village. And the cardi for Isabelle is so pretty! I remember checking out that book back when it was really popular but I just couldn't get into. Maybe I'll have to give it another try.
ReplyDeleteI do love irish garden and the alphabet is so pretty too. You're making great progress with them
ReplyDeleteThat cardigan is SO sweet and darling. The yarn looks nice and soft too. :)
ReplyDeleteYour stitching looks great. A gorgeous cardigan for Isabelle. The book sounds like a really good read.
ReplyDeleteI love your little baby cardigan and the book sounds fascinating - I'm adding it to me Amazon wish list
ReplyDeleteGreat progress again ... love the natures alphabet.
ReplyDeleteYour stitching is looking lovely Julie. I'm enjoying watching the alphabet grow.
ReplyDeleteAww Isabelle's cardigan is adorable!
Popped Silent Night in the post on Friday so it should be with you in the next few days :)
Alphabet is coming along nicely, and I LOVE your Irish Garden, it's going to be lovely!
ReplyDeleteLovely projects! The alphabet is beautiful. I adored that book too
ReplyDelete