All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Thursday, 2 January 2014

Final finish and new start

Happy New Year to you all.......

Final finish for 2013 was CCN Vintage Christmas, i just had to get this completed before the end of the year it's so pretty and different.

 
Plans for January that I'd been thinking about haven't gone to plan right before the new year started ..... I'd somehow not thought about an exchange needing to be stitched and sent out to arrive for 8th January 2014 and had been happily stitching away on Vintage for the whole of December .... ooops.
 
This finish does make it 31 stitched ones for last year, my favourite of course being Shores of Hawk Run Hollow - the biggie finish.  31 knitted ones (that includes 15 little Christmas stockings and then 3 crochet finishes.  Not too bad a year considering i also read 54 books.  Let's hope next year is as productive.
 
So you see, i am now stitching madly on said exchange, it is a new start for the new year, but not the one i thought i would be doing.  You'll have to wait to see the prepared new start later in the month as i have now decided that i'll perhaps be organised enough to start that on the Chinese new year instead lol.
 
Here's the exchange already to begin ....

and a little snippet to tease you as i can't show you the design till its been received.


OK, better sign off and crack on with it if it's going to be finished and sent on time ...

Happy stitching and crafting everyone




 

27 comments:

Parsley said...

I have this pattern and I too loved the different colors. Pink, of course, is always a winner for me! Well done!

stitchersanon said...

A lovely finish....the new start is very intriguing! Happy new year!

Lynn Bourke said...

Happy New Year to you and yours, Julie!

I love the LHN...I think I'll have to look for that one... :-)

Intrigued about the exchange piece - lots of nice colours in there!

Linda said...

Gorgeous finish and wow what a lot you managed to achieve during 2013.

Good luck with getting your exchange piece completed in time and I look forward to seeing it completed when it has safely arrived at it's final destination.

Kate said...

Love the Vintage Christmas piece - haven't seen this one before.
Good luck for your exchange piece the colours look lovely.
Happy New Year to you and yours.

Maggie said...

An amazing amount of finishes
Julie :-) If I could complete half as many I'd be happy!

Love the Vintage Christmas finish, and I too forgot all about the exchange piece! I have got it all stitched up though now, Just the finishing to do (the hardest part!!)
Lovely collection of colours in your choice, can't wait to see what everyone has chosen :-)

Speak soon xx

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Love the LHN piece. I hadn't seen that one before, either. The sneak peek at your exchange piece has got me wanting more! Looks like it will turn out lovely. Happy New Year!

Catherine said...

Sweet finish! You had a productive 2013 ~ here's to it continuing this year!

Bonnie said...

I love your LHN finish. One of my favorite designers.

Your exchange piece is very colorful. It looks like it might be a teapot lol. looking forward to seeing it completed.

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous finish. Look forward to seeing your exchange piece. Happy New Year.

Brigitte said...

Such a lovely last finish for 2013. And a really productive year I must say. I'm kind of envious when I see the amount of books that you have read last year. That would be a dream for me but I'm a snail like reader, lol.
I'm very curious to see your finished exchange piece with all its great colours.
Wishiung you a great new crafting and reading year!

Christine said...

What a gorgeous finish Julie.
Just beat you on the book front (57), but I think you got much more stitching done than I did.
Happy New Year

geeky Heather said...

Vintage is just lovely! Congratulations on the finish. I read a lot more (79 I think) but finished an abysmally small number of projects, so let's not talk about that! You did great!

Barb said...

Well done on the finish Julie, I had mine on display this year but it now has gone away if I can remember where I have put it,it will come out again next year. OH look forward to seeing the exchange piece -so far I have not signed up for any this year,I have not done as well as you on the book front but I may have a little more stitching done. None as big as your beautiful shores though.
Take care lovey and keep stitching,.etc etc etc.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats on your wonderful first finish of 2014!!! Oooh the colours look great on your exchange piece!

Mii Stitch said...

Congrats on your CCN finish. I still have to finish mine!!

Penny said...

Congratulations on a very pretty finish, Julie! Lovely colors for your exchange piece. It does sound like you had a very productive year. I always enjoy having a look at your list of books read. :)

Melanie said...

Very nice final finish!!! :)
Gosh, you were crazy productive last year. Very impressive.
Can't wait to see what 2014 brings!

Liliana Fornelos said...

What a beautiful embroidery, colors and screen are in perfect harmony.
Congratulations.

Lesley said...

What a lovley finish. I am intrigued by your snippet..will be on the look out for more clues:)

Carol said...

I've really enjoyed following along with your stitching this year, Julie, and have to agree that Shores is my favorite, too. Your newest piece is so pretty with the pinks and blues--the little reindeer in the upper corner is so sweet!

Hope your new year is off to a wonderful start :)

Ranae said...

Happy, healthly, safe 2014 to you and your family, Julie

Katie said...

Love your CCN finish, I really like the departure from the traditional red and green :0)

Angel Blue said...

Very pretty and good luck on finishing the project.

Wendy said...

Vintage Christmas is beautiful. I think you finished a LOT of projects, well done!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Vintage Christmas is lovely, the colours make a nice change from the traditional ones.

I tend to leave things until the last moment too, hope your partner is in the UK!

Carin said...

Julie your Vintage Christmas looks amazing !!!!