All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Season's Greetings

 
 
The last couple of weeks have been really busy, parties to go to, meals out with friends, coffee at home with friendly stitchers and lots more.  It's been a lovely time and I have enjoyed it all.

Pressies are wrapped, cards written and sent and I have found it not very stressful at all this year, just busy.  Everything seems to have come together so beautifully and peacefully.

Are you organised and sorted for the big day?

Just one more thing to do here, we've got to drop off some goodies round to my daughters later this evening when a certain little person is not about and then hubby and I are off to wander the streets in the city and look at the festive decorations in their magnificence. They get taken down again before New Years Eve and it will be a nice end to a busy few days to have a lovely quiet evening stroll.

Earlier this month Sally celebrated her 50th birthday and I had been asked if I would like to contribute to her special gift. There was to be a stitched quilt for her.

This is the square I stitched for it....

 
and here is the quilt all finished, thanks to Mouse who put it all together.
I've taken the pic from Sally's blog to show you.  You can see all the squares close up on Sally's blog.
 
 

The challenge at NH for December was revealed.  This months design was The Sampler Girl, its been on my 'to do' list for a while, so I was pleased to be able to stitch it.

 
And ...... big drum roll...... Isabelle's stocking was finally made up and is hanging on their fireplace.  I am so pleased with how it turned out in the end.  Why was I in such a panic to put it together, it went together really easily in the end.
 
 
I'm still stitching along on Vintage Christmas, hoping to have a finish over the holidays with that.  Also have the Jardin Prive part 4 to complete too.  There hasn't been much stitching going on here recently as I had an accident with a new vegetable peeler and took the top off my index stitching finger!  All healed now, so hopefully lots of little stitches will be taking place in my quiet moments during the festive celebrations.
 
My tree is decorated, not so many ornaments this year as I wanted all my stitched ones to be the focus and also we have some new candle lights and they are a lot bigger than my previous set of lights
 
 
The fireplace if all sparkly and we've been having some lovely open fires as the evenings have been quite chilly.  Can you see my Mary's Sampler hanging there in it's temporary frame, I'm not keen on the black frame but that's the only one I could find and wanted it to be up for this Christmas. 
 
 
My late MIL's knitted nativity takes pride of place and out of reach of little fingers.

 
Just had to show you this, I received this beautiful hand stitched card from Kathy (no blog), its so cute and stitched so beautifully.
 
 
Wishing you all a wonderful Christmastime spent with those you love and hold dear to you.
 
 
My thoughts are with those of you who I know find this time of year very difficult and I hope that you find the strength in your hearts to enjoy whatever comes you way and have a lovely time.
 
See you after the man in red has been down my chimney .....
 
love and {hugs}
 
 

27 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

Merry Christmas
Julie xxxxxxxx

Tina said...

Your house looks very festive Julie,the stocking turned out fab!
Happy Christmas
Xxx

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Your knitted nativity is very special and so lovely to bring out each year. Have a lovely Christmas.

Vickie said...

Isabelle's stocking is fabulous!
God bless you this Christmas!

Lesleyanne said...

Merry Christmas Julie to you and your family. A great post. A gorgeous square for Sally's quilt. Your house looks very festive. Great finish.

Maggie said...

Everything looks beautiful Julie, Isabell's stocking is just gorgeous, i'm sure it will be cherished.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

Take care xx


gracie said...

Merry Christmas

Mary Ann said...

Your house looks lovely, Julie, and I love Isabelle's stocking!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Your house is beautiful. Love the tree showcasing the stitched ornies! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

stitcheranon said...

What an amazing post...I am just about to sit and relax; we have done all we can do now till tommorrow. So good to hear you are having so much fun. The stitching is of course superb and I love the tree. Have a very special Christmas: you deserve it xx

Julianne said...

Julie,

Your home looks so festive. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Cath said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours . Hope you have a lovely time xxx

catherine's sewing corner said...

Great photos Julie. Wishing you a merry Christmas
x catherine

Heather said...

Your home is beautiful! The stocking turned out just lovely! I hope you have a very happy Christmas and very blessed new year!

Catherine said...

Merry Christmas!

Christine said...

Great stitching Julie
Happy Christmas

Kate said...

Lovely post Julie.
Hope your Christmas Day was lovely.

Penny said...

What a lovely job on all of your projects! And your home looks beautiful! Hope you had a wonderful day. :)

Brigitte said...

Isabelle's stocking is so beautiful, now it can hang in her home over Christmas time. I hope your Christmas holiday was peaceful and merry and you could enjoy all the wonderful decoration.

Hazel said...

A very Merry Christmas to you Julie. All your stitching is beautiful. Love the stocking. x

Anne said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas Julie!! Love the little sheep you added to Sally's gorgeous quilt. Beautiful stitching!! Happy New year to you and your family.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Isabelle's stocking is fantastic!!! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

Jan Gartlan said...

Such beautiful decorations and lovely finishes. The stocking is especially gorgeous and so beautifully finished.

Melanie said...

Hope you had a nice Christmas!!!!!! :)
It's so wonderful to see the stocking all put together after watching it come along all year. It's lovely. I'm sure she will treasure it as she gets older. (I still have the stocking my grandmother used to hang for me when I was very, very young! :))
Everything looks so festive and cheery.
(Except maybe the pine cone men in the card. Those? They might be scaring me........a little. lol)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Catching up with Christmas blogs! Your house looks so lovely at Christmas, beautiful tree and decorations.
Hope you had a lovely time.

Carin said...

Julie your stitching is again so beautiful and that quilt is wonderful. What a great present.
The christmas tree is looking great with all those ornaments !! I love that knitted nativity, that is so beautiful made.

Have a Happy New Year !

Carol said...

Oh, how lovely Isabelle's stocking turned out!! Just a true work of love and patience on your part, Julie--I know she will treasure it throughout her life.

The quilt you all put together for Sally's birthday is incredible--I love your sheep block :)

Your home looks so warm and inviting for the holidays--I wish you every happiness in the new year, my friend!