All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Monday, 4 November 2013

Saturday was the meet up!

Not a good start to the day, it was drizzling with rain when I awoke and the sky looked very black.

It improved as I ate my breakfast and when I arrived at the station in plenty of time for my outward journey......

 
the train was then running late, no idea why.  I did arrive at my destination in plenty of time though and was met at the station in Nuneaton by two friends.  We walked to the pub... yes, the pub..... we sit in the private lounge away from the rest of the drinkers lol
 
There were 10 of us this time
 
and lots of lovely stitching and beading work on show



 
The theme for this times goody bag exchange was 'sparkle and fizz' 
 
Clare had made little cupcakes and under each was a raffle ticket and as you picked a cake you received the bag corresponding to the ticket you chose

My bag came from Jane and was full of lovely things. 
Thank you Jane. x
 
We are all avid readers and have a book exchange too. 
The books are wrapped to hide their titles

I chose the pink one, front left, which was from Clare. 
Thank you Clare. x
 
The Needlecraft Haven forum sometimes has adverts on it and this year it was decided that the money from the raffle would be used to stop them appearing. We raised enough for about 5 months of advert free forum time.
 
Lots of lovely donated gifts in the raffle ....

I won some lovely Chapstick in a pretty tin, these will be so useful with the upcoming cold weather.
 
There was lots of chat and fun and even quite a bit of stitching going on.  I took Part 3 of the Jardin Prive with me and managed to finish it off over the weekend after I got home. 
 
Thank you Lindsay, Rachael, Clare, Tina, Lisa, Jane, Lynn, Maggie and Clare's mum who came along with her quilting, for such a lovely and enjoyable day, I look forward to seeing you all again in the spring.
 
I've been naughty this afternoon and had an hour adding this weeks little shepherd to the Plum Street Samplers design, I don't normally stitch in the daytime but when I printed it out earlier it was such a little bit that I thought go on, get the needle out do it lol. 
 
 
I hope you all had a lovely weekend spent with those you love and care for.
 

24 comments:

Catherine said...

Fun times!!

Clare - Aimetu said...

Another brilliant day with friends full of stitching, chatting and a bit of eating too

Lesleyanne said...

Sounds though you had a lovely time with lots of gorgeous stitching on show.

stitcheranon said...

I hadnt heard of needlework haven: might have a sneaky google later. Wow; the stitching is amazing... they are all so pretty. I am so pleased you had such a good time...it sounds like it was a lot of fun!

Barb said...

Hi Julie, Oh lots of work to drool over ,well not literally, I have only done the first word of the new part as the frogs have been working overtime here. Will explain next time we "speak".
I know we had our own special meet up but I would love to meet everyone. Take care and thanks for sharing your day with us.

Tina said...

If was a lovely day,it's a shame it's not more regular,lovely photos
Xx

Stephanie Ann said...

This sounds like such a fun time :)

I love looking at your stitching progress. It all looks so beautiful!

gracie said...

Oh what a nice time and beautiful projects.

Heather said...

What a fun time! Your Mary sampler is very lovely!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Sounds like a great day of fun, friends, food and fabulous stitching! All the stitching projects are lovely!

Mary Ann said...

It sounds like such a wonderful, fun day with stitchy friends! And, all the projects are lovely!!

Linda said...

Sounds like a wonderful day and lots of lovely gifts exchanged. Beautiful stitching on display. Hope the return train was on time for you.

Rachael G said...

I do enjoy these meet ups, not a very flattering photo though!!
And I actually managed a HD!!!

Kate said...

Sounds like another successful meet up, thanks for sharing your day with us.

cucki said...

Aww such a fun time
Sweet stitches
Hugs x

Christine said...

That looks like such fun!
Your nativity sampler is gorgeous

KC'sCourt! said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day
Julie xxxxxxxx

Mii Stitch said...

What a great day!!! Great update on the SAL too :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm glad the meet-up went well, they look like so much fun.
I love your version of Mary's Sampler, the blue fabric is lovely. I've seen one done on dark blue too so I'm a bit torn now!

Mylene said...

What a fun meet-up, beautiful stitching and lovely goodies!

I do love the Jardin Prive SAL and i am really thinking of starting it too.

Jan Gartlan said...

Wow what a special day with friends. Lovely stitching and gifts

Carol said...

Isn't it fun to get together with stitching friends in person, Julie?! I just got back from a three day retreat with four friends and don't remember laughing that hard in a long, long time!! Loved seeing everyone's work and the photos of your day :)

Sally said...

Looks like you all had a fantastic time Julie.

Love both your SALs. I'm behind on the PSS one and really need to catch up before I can't get caught up!

Brigitte said...

You must have had a wonderful day together with the ladies. Great pictures from the et-together! And congrats on finishing part three of that beautiful Jardin Privé SAL.