All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Thursday, 28 November 2013

A day to be thankful....

We are fast approaching the end of November and today the folks in the US will be celebrating Thanksgiving, I hope you have a wonderful time with your loved ones today and thank you to all who stop by and read my rambles.



It seems only a couple of days since I was writing my last post, but another month has passed me by.  I've been reading that a lot on crafters blogs this year.  I do have a little excuse though.  I've been nursing that lergy that's been doing the rounds.  The awful cough/cold germs have been residing here with me for almost 2 weeks now and I've spent a lot of that time asleep under the comfy blanket and single handedly keeping Mr Kleenex in business!  I hope you escape it, its not nice at all.  I'm feeling a lot brighter today and have just uploaded some pictures from the camera onto the computer so thought I had better stop by and share them and give you a quick 'wave' hello.

My hubby is a great supporter of my hobbies and I recently accompanied him to a model train exhibition in support of his.  I wasn't feeling to thrilled to be going, but got such a surprise, there was the most wonderful exhibition called Bramble Bottom.  This little railway is run by mice and other woodland creatures all with moving parts.  If you click the link you can see a youtube video of the little creatures in action.  I could have watched them all day.... got to have been a lady enthusiast involved in this I think.

 
A little more forward planning for the festive season has been happening.  A couple of outfits for Isabelle's Christmas doll complete her new wardrobe with some woolly undergarments to keep out the winter chills and a nice dress, also a pair of flowery pj's.
 

 
There has also been a Christmas Fayre at the local community centre and the Book Borrowers were asked to have a stall.  We all contributed to it and I knitted up 15 little stockings filled with chocolates.  We did well and made some money to buy us some new books in the new year.
 


 
A little stitching.... Reindeer Stables is finished, but I still have quite a few to do over the next few months, so a finish of these will be for next Christmas now. I'll continue with them in the parlour with the ladies over at NH in the coming months.
 
 
I've also enjoyed SAL'ing with a lot of you doing the Plum Street Samplers mystery over the past 9 weeks. A little finish on that this afternoon.
 
 
A big decision has been made about a certain project I had languishing in my workbox.  Yes, it was the HAED.  I started at the beginning of 2007.  I was gifted the chart and fabric by another stitcher who was at the time an avid HAED stitcher and thought I might enjoy trying it.  I think it was Cathey's passing that made me finally reach a decision about it.  After a lot of thought and pondering I decided that I was never going to enjoy this one and i have never thrown away any stitched project at all and thought perhaps someone else might like to finish it off.   It would go to it's new home with everything. 
 
 
I asked the ladies at the meet up earlier this month if anyone wanted to give it a home but no one was interested so I offered it on the forum and was very pleased when a lady asked if she could try it.  She had wanted to have a go with a HAED for a while and liked the design.  It went off in the hands of Royal Mail and I will admit to skipping out the post office when I knew it was on its way to a new home.  It arrived safely and she loves it, so i'm happy.  That just leaves me with one UFO project that I will endeavour to get done during 2014, I do actually like that one lol.
 
A nice new chart arrived with me this week too, a win on Riona's blog.  A very beautiful stocking design with some lovely speciality stitches from Calico Crossroads, thank you so much Riona.
 
 
Well, that's the latest pics from the camera and a round up for November I guess.  How are you all doing with your festive preparations and crafting of those little gifts that people so love?  This weekend sees the start of Advent and that means we are nearing the man in red coming down your chimney, I hope you have been good!
 
A good blog reading session is planned over the coming week, I need to catch up with all your news, I might not leave a comment on each and every post you've made but will certainly be stopping by to see what great things you have all been up to.
 
Take care
love and best wishes (germ free of course)
 
 
 

14 comments:

Clare - Aimetu said...

Beautiful knitting Julie - you have been busy.

Your Santa's Village is growing fast and I love the Plum Street Sampler

butterfly said...

Hope you are feeling better now.
Looks like you have been so busy lovely knitting ,love every thing, hugs

stitcheranon said...

The Brambley railway is sooo cute. Glad you are feeling better now xx

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats on your wonderful finishes, both stitching and knitting

Lesleyanne said...

Hope you are feeling better. Lots of lovely stitching and knitting finishes.

Christine said...

Lovely stitching and knitting Julie. I like the new stocking pattern

Catherine said...

Lovely post! You have been keeping busy with all of your sweet projects! Doesn't it feel good when a started project can find a new home? I have done that too!

Justine said...

I love your Plum Street sampler. I think it's the first one I've seen finished! What a great idea to pass your UFO to a friend. I used to send some of mine to a lady who stitches for charity. It's a great feeling when they've gone!

Vickie said...

Oh my! I am soooooo jealous of Isabelle's doll! What talent you have!
I am glad you are on the mend.

Brigitte said...

OH my, I hope you are feeling somewhat better in the meantime. But these bugs usually keep you in their grip for a while before they go on to the next one, lol.
Your knitting for Isabelle looks so sweet. And those little stockings are really darling.

Good that you managed to get rid of that UFO HAED. Stitching should always be fun and make you happy - and the new owner of the project quite obviously loves it. Great for you and for her. I also have such a UFO in the depths of my boxes, maybe I should also try to get rid of it. Hmmm.

YOu had two nice stitchy finishes.

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Adorable doll clothes, knitted socks, and stitching finishes! Congrats on finding a good home for a no-longer-wanted WIP! Glad you a feeling better.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Glad the HAED found a new home. It will be nice to see it finished.

I used to quite enjoy a model railway exhibition when my son was younger. We went to a local one once and our house was in the layout! We lived near the station and someone had made a replica of the station and the surrounding area. And there was our little railway terrace! I was so excited I told everyone there LOL.

Parsley said...

Your finishes make me want to stitch faster!!! I have so many houses to stitch in Santa's village and I am behind on my Mary's Samplar. It's good you reminded me to get at it!

Carol said...

So nice to catch up with you, Julie, but I'm sorry to read you've been ill. Hopefully, you'll remain healthy for Christmas! I'll bet you can hardly wait for little Isabelle to open her doll clothes so beautifully stitched by you... They are adorable!!

Love the Reindeer finish, too, and Mary's Sampler is just so very special :) And I can see why those cute stockings made some money at your local fair--well done!!

Enjoy your countdown to Christmas :)