We had some more lovely trips out ....
A day at the seaside with family, quiet and tranquil at times watching the world go by as the sea rolls in and out but with plenty of fun and laughter on a sunny summers day.
Bank holiday Monday saw us at Stapleford Park. There was a fund raising day for the local hospice LOROS and the steam trains were running. It is a private line and only runs for 2 weekends a year.
A little person had such fun and loved her ride. Grandpa was in his element with the smell of steam in the air and lots of other steam traction engines to view.
We've also been back to Rutland Water for yet another afternoon picnic and some quiet contemplation and reading time. This time we headed to a lovely garden centre close by first for a browse. Some beautiful plants available at reasonable prices, just a few new ones fell into our basket! The scabious were covered in butterflies, there were over 50 flying around and landing on them, it was like being at a butterfly farm.
A lot of time has been spent in our garden enjoying the continuing sunshine and eating our meals outside. The flowers are looking lovely, the bees are enjoying the gazanias. They do make me smile when I see them each day, their little heads open up in the morning and then close again when the sun goes in just like they are going to sleep for the night.
The smell of this rose is devine as you walk down the path to hang the washing out, its called Arthur Bell.
The greenhouse is fit to burst with all the tomatoes and cucumbers, bumper crop this year
A little stitching progress. The next Santa Village had a few stitches put in, this ones Santa's Stocking Store, number 5 of the 12
Nativity Stocking by Janlynn has some livestock additions
and the challenge at NH for July/August was completed, just a few days late of the deadline. It was good this time as it doubled up for the monthly Christmas ornament too and as I was behind and needed to get two stitched to catch up for July and August, that's just what I did. This free design is available to download.
Postman has brought me a few lovely things too. Cath of the Stitchin Chicken sent a great flower alphabet chart ready for next years show choice, so pretty. Thanks Cath
and Parsley (Deena) sent some wonderful tea for me to try as a thank you for something I sent to her. Just look at the beautiful stamps on the envelope that arrived, very bright and colourful and the tea was lovely. Thanks Deena.
Stitchers are the nicest people and so generous, I see it so much in blogland when I read your blogs and how you have been sent some wonderful things by lovely ladies and gentlemen. I lent Clare a chart for the LHN SAL over at NH and a little card arrived this morning with a thread enclosed as a thank you, didn't have time to photograph that before I came on the computer to catch up on stuff.
Saturday sees the Horticultural and Craft show, its been a busy time leading up to it and will be even busier between now and then. The Best in Show is framed and ready for the winner to take home.
Thanks for stopping by and welcome to the new folks that have found me here, I hope you enjoy your visits.
All your trips looked like lots of fun : ) Lovely stitching! I especially like the ornaments! Where do I find that pattern? You received some nice gifts. Best of luck with your entry in the craft show! Can't wait to see it : )
ReplyDeleteThey sound lovely days out Julie, Rutland is one of our favourite counties. Beautiful stitching as always - have fun at the show x x
ReplyDeleteLovely summer days out Julie just cannot be beaten , thanks for sharing your outings with us. Like the ornies I really did mean to-hanging my head in shame here. Love the best in show hope it goes to an appreciative home.
ReplyDeleteSteam train and traction smells ,love it too. We have the Great British Steam fair here in Dorset in August and it is huge. One for the calender maybe?
Loads of hugs.xx
It has been a lovely summer hasnt it. I really enjoyed this post: thank you for the freebie link and wow: gorgeous stitching. Very nice!
ReplyDeleteSounds and looks like you've been making the most of your summer :) Great pictures.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! My fingers are crossed that you win :)
What lovely gifts! Of course stitchers are the best ;) LOL!
Beautiful trip, flower and stitching photos! Good luck with your fair entry! Can't wait to see Shores finished and framed!
ReplyDeleteLovely photos of your day out Julie and hasn't it been good to be able to sit out and enjoy the garden this year.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stitching as always and good luck with your entry in the show.
Best in show finish is lovely!!!
ReplyDeletegreat post, love your photos. Stitching is very beautiful in love with Nativity Stocking
ReplyDeleteAww beautiful photos ...and so much fun :)
ReplyDeleteSweet stitching.
Huge hugs x
Great stitching Julie, and it looks like you've had some fun days out.
ReplyDeleteDavid only entered one photo in our show this year, after people teased him about winning when he was a "pro".
It won a cup.
Looks like you had a great time on your days out. I love the smell of steam trains too. Beautiful stitching. Good luck for the show.
ReplyDeleteThe second half of August sounds as lovely as the first and what great progress you are making with the stitching. x
ReplyDeleteLovely photos of your trips out and stitching progress.
ReplyDeleteI love seeing pictures of flowers as much as I love taking pictures of flowers:-)
Lovely days out Julie,we have had a lovely summer this year.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stitching,love those ornies!
Hugs
Tina xx
I love to read your posts and the pics are great, beautiful flowers and the little lady is so cute. You all must have had a wonderful time. wish you happy stitching. sunny kisses from Rio, Alice
ReplyDeleteWhat a great summer day you had with your family. I'd love to spend a day on the beach from time to time but I live too far away from the sea.
ReplyDeleteTwo great ornaments. Erynne's designs are so beautiful, and your stitching and finishing is, too.
Nice progress pictures.
I wish you luck with your entry in the craft show.
Beautiful photos from your trips Julie.
ReplyDeleteLove your best in show and your challenges. Looking forward to seeing Shores in its frame.
Good luck on your entry! The organisers always winning doesn't seem very 'jokey' to me but I suppose that's the way it goes sometimes. Maybe you'll be surprised. :)
ReplyDeleteLove the photos of all your outings! A great end to the summer.
Great photos, love the Challenge ornies. I haven't decided whether to stitch one or go straight to this month's challenge.
ReplyDeleteI had to laugh at you not wanting to win the prize! I never like to enter raffles when I've organised them so put the tickets in my son's name!
Fun times!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you've found some lovely ways to enjoy your summer days! Gorgeous flowers, and wow, those tomatoes look delicious! Pretty stitching - love the ornaments! Looking forward to seeing Shores framed! Good luck on your entry! :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a wonderful day at the park--I can hardly believe how big your sweet granddaughter is getting! It seems like just yesterday that she was a baby!! Lovely progress and your ornaments are so sweet--good for you for keeping up on your monthly challenge. I'm just finishing August's up today :)
ReplyDeleteReally looking forward to seeing Shores all framed and finished (keeping my fingers crossed for a lovely rosette on it, too!).
Looks like you all had a good time,nice pics.
ReplyDeleteSo glad i saw your Gazanias,been trying to think of their name.Had them in my old garden and want to get some more. :)
Good luck with Shores,its one of my favorites.
Lovely blog, waiting to hear how you got on at your show. x
ReplyDeleteJulie you've done a great job on this years best in show award!!!
ReplyDelete