All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Monday, 29 July 2013

Round up of July stitching

Thank you for all your kind comments on Shores, it was the focus piece for July and I was determined to finish it.

It made me smile when some of you said you would miss the updates, I very often feel like that when I watch something progress on your blogs too.

There were a few questions :-

Tina (no blog) asked how big the finished piece is.  It measures 24 1/2" x 17 1/2" stitched on 32 count Belfast linen, its going to cost a fortune to be framed, but will be well worth it.

Kate asked what was the next big project - no plans for a biggie for the rest of the year at the moment, but that doesn't mean something wont come along and just have to be started! I'm thinking maybe a big new start Jan 1st to set the year off but haven't decided what as yet.

Mouse wanted to know what was next -  It's only a few weeks away till the Horticultural show in September and I always stitch a piece with the wording 'Best in Show' for the whole show winner to be able to keep forever as they have to hand back the trophy after the year is up.

I was lucky to be given a different flower alphabet by Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching earlier in the year in one of her competitions and have made a start on this years piece. Unfortunately, with the heavy rain we've had these past couple of days the frogs have made a visit and its not worth showing a pic now I've found and undone the mistake.  So i'll remind you of last years ....


and 2011 ....


and 2010 ....


I'm always on the lookout for different flower alphabets to use for these so if you come across one i'd be happy to give it a good home. Thanks.

Wednesdays during July has still been parlour stitching on CCN Santas Village houses.  This week I did more that one evening and completed Mrs Claus Cookie Shop, that's 4 finished now, only 8 to go before Christmas!


Stocking-a-long is Friday evening stitching and a few more x's added during July.  The red flower at the bottom right is the heel part, so only the foot part to go. 


There has been no Christmas ornament stitched in July, i'll pull an extra couple of those in later in the year to catch up with the dozen to make one a month and luckily the monthly challenge at NH is running for July and August due to people taking their summer holidays, so I have a few more weeks before I have to make excuses apologise to Christine and explain why I didn't get that done lol

Did you all complete your stitching goals for July? or like me have you been waylaid with the recent hot weather and let things slide and now need to panic and play catch up during August to get things done for deadlines?

I'm celebrating a 'big' birthday this week, i'll tell you all about that next time.... in the meantime, have fun with your crafting projects.

19 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a great idea to give the winner such a special stitched piece to keep. I didn't achieve much with the hot weather making it hard to stitch or knit, it's so rare up here in Scotland to get such a lengthy spell of warm weather. Mind you it's back to heavy showers and thundery spells these days.

KC'sCourt! said...

I gave up doing anything this hot weather, so now I am in a rush because I have to complete a commission before next week!
Julie xxxxxx

Parsley said...

Your projects are inspiring me. I don't have my stitchy goals met but I'm not giving up.

cucki said...

beautiful stitching and very lovely projects.
big hugs x

Clare - Aimetu said...

Beautiful stitching Julie, Isabelle's stocking is looking very good. Good luck with this year's best in show - I'm sure the frogs will have hopped off now :-)

Lesleyanne said...

Gorgeous stitching Julie. Isabelle's stocking is coming along beautifully as is your Santa village.

Linda said...

Beautiful best in show stitching - hope those pesky frogs have gone now.

You're on the homeward stretch now of the stocking which is looking fabulous.

Christine said...

Great stitching Julie. I wouldn't worry about the challenge piece, I've got very little chance of completing it either

Carol said...

That is so kind of you to stitch the Best in Show winner something each year, Julie! A really lovely permanent reminder for them...

I love Mrs. Claus's Cookie Shop! So cute--and your stocking is as pretty as always. I am constantly playing catch-up on my monthly ornament stitching, too :) Am now caught up, but a new month begins in two days so I'll be behind again...

Ate your lovely gift of Turkish Delight last week while watching Call the Midwife. It was very yummy and I could hardly bear to share it with my husband (he only got one bite!!)... Thank you again, Julie, and I hope your big birthday is a delightful one!

Sally said...

All your stitching is looking lovely Julie. I will miss the updates on Shores too and can't wait to see what you decide on next.

Happy Birthday!

stitcheranon said...

Wow, that is beautiful...they are all so perfect! I don't plan..if I try they tend to go wrong..I wish I could be as organised as you!

jane said...

Lovely stitching Julie. Looking forward to seeing your next project.

jane said...

Lovely stitching Julie. Looking forward to seeing your next project.

Lindsay said...

The cookie shop is next up for me next week. I think you should start the blue and red sampler on Jan 1st to keep me company

Rachael G said...

Oh lovely stitching as always I look forward to seeing this years Best in show!

I hope you had a fabulous day yesterday xxx

Kate said...

Lovely update Julie - nice idea to plan another big start on New Year's Day. I have made 1st January starts for the last few years but they have been mostly smaller projects.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the different Best in Show pieces, what a clever idea instead of a winner's certificate.

I always ask for framer's vouchers for Christmas now.

Brigitte said...

Oh yes, that's really a great idea to give the Best in Show piece to the winner to keep it. And you have already stitched some very nice Best in Show awards. Whenever I come across a flower alphabet I'll let you know.
Great progress pictures of your WIPs!

DUSTY said...

Beautiful stitching Julie as always. The "Best in Show" is a nice idea. I am sure the recipient will love it.your Santa's Village is coming along nicely. I am still on the first one. LOL