All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Saturday, 2 February 2013

February is here already...

Here we are already this year saying goodbye to the first month of the year. 

January was a good month, lots of fun times especially in the snow and plenty of crafting and reading time too.

I read 7 books during the month and managed a crochet cushion finish, a knitted bunny and small cardigan together with the Christmas ornament a month and also Tina's RR went out on time.

Shores had some attention during the month and Block 9 now looks like this


A new start also in January that will last all year long. Wednesday is SAL night at NH with the Parlour ladies and this week I started Santas Village.  I chose 32ct belfast linen in flax and changed the white to B5200 instead, it shows up much better on my fabric choice.  I'll be stitching them individually as I have a few ideas for the final finish whizzing about in my mind at the moment. 


Posting time has come round again for the speciality stitches RR and Dusty's is due to go off in the post on Monday.  It's been fun choosing speciality stitches for each one as it arrives.  Dusty included threads she wanted using for hers and the 3 rows I stitched were rhodes squares, four sided stitch with symrna middles and then a diagonal satin stitch.


It looks really nice and Angie (no blog) will be the last person to stitch on it before it heads home.


Februarys sees the start of another SAL for me. This time it's a Stocking-A-Long with Linda and Catherine. We started that 1st February and will be stitching that on Fridays.

Such a choice of stocking charts out there to choose from but finally I settled on this one from Janlynn called nativity stocking. I had intended to make Isabelle a stocking last year but time escaped me, with this SAL she has more chance of getting one for 2013!


Not a lot of progress for the first night, and it always looks like a blob the first picture, I decided to start just under the nativity scene.


Today we have beautiful sunshine, does this mean spring is on the way? Hubby and I have plans for a nice walk this afternoon to take advantage of the suns rays. I hope you have an enjoyable weekend with those you love and hold dear.





22 comments:

butterfly said...

Julie love all your new starts wow you have been busy enjoy your day, hugs.

Mii Stitch said...

Great projects, I love the speciality stitching RR, it beautiful :)

jane said...

Lovely stitching Julie, hope you enjoy the walk!

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

What a lot of stitching and crafting you got done this month, Julie! Good for you! I was just looking at that stocking the other day. I can't wait to watch how yours turns out. I might have to put it on my list for next year! :)

Tricia
thestampersstitches.blogspot.com

Linda said...

Lots of lovely stitching going on with you and I love your choice of stocking for our SAL. I think you made great progess.

I hope you enjoyed your walk - I had friends round for a craft play and made a thread catcher.

Marlene Jones said...

Thanks for your comment on Grand Marquoir, I have found your photo and added a link on my blog, love the colours, but as always you do love to stitch with loads of colours. As for Springs, lets keep every thing crossed.

Meggie said...

Hello Julie

Lots of gorgeous stitching in January, it was a busy month for you!

I love the stocking start.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You've had a great month.

I like Dusty's RR, the colours are unusual but look good together.
The stocking is going to be great too.

Kate said...

Quite a productive month for you then. Lots of lovely stitching.

Christine said...

Productive month Julie!
I hope spring is on the way, I'm bored with being cold now

Lesleyanne said...

Gorgeous projects. Well done on reading 7 books in a month. Enjoy your walk. I really hope spring is on its way.

Barb said...

Hello there Julie,
I noticed today that hyacinths are peeking through the soil outside (or should I say mud). Wow lots of stitching being done and Izzie will love that stocking being hung next year. I have only managed 6 books so far but I have loads on my kindle to read. Shores is looking really good too. I hope to be going to Portland Bill this afternoon to look at the sea or if not tomorrow. Depending how I feel after Sunday lunch.
hugs

cucki said...

very sweet stiching..
love for you x

Carol said...

I'm glad January was such a good month for you, Julie--may it be that way all year :) Really amazed that you could get all that stitching, reading, and knitting done! Shores is looking wonderful and is certainly tempting me to buy that chart! And what a pretty stocking you've chosen to do...

Send some sun this way--we're having even more snow right now!!

Maggie said...

You made a great start to the new year Julie with all your lovely stitching and your reading too! I hope February is just as productive for you :-)

have a great week x

Shari said...

everything looks wonderful, as always Julie!!!! Everytime I see the CCN pieces started, I get more & more tempted!!!
Ahhh....a stocking......something else that I really need to do!!!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

7 books wow! Great progress on shores. That stocking will be lovely for Isabelle!

Mylene said...

January has been a good month for me too, stitching as well as socializing..
Great starts and love that specialty stitching.
Wish Spring comes very
soon!!

Melanie said...

Glad you had a good month!!! You managed to read one more book than I did too. Was a really good reading month, with all that cold and snow, making you want to be bundled up inside, that's for sure.
The stocking will be darling!

Sally said...

Lovely stitching Julie. Shores is coming along nicely and love your start on the village.

Mary Ann said...

It sounds like you had a busy, fun, productive January, and February seems to be off to a great start. I love all of your new stitching starts and progress!!

Parsley said...

Oh my goodness. I love every WIP you've shown!