All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Monday, 31 December 2012

2012 comes to an end ...

How was your Christmastime with your families and loved ones, i hope you all had a wonderful time. We had lots of family time and also some quiet relaxation time just the two of us.

The Christmas lights walk was really nice, we wandered along, one of us was wrapped up more snuggly than the others!





The childrens story characters and scenes that are in the Town Hall Square are always lovely. This year it was Paddington Bear on one side




and Noddy on the other.



The Town Hall itself had its usual flashing 'Christmas Greetings' sign


The crib scene was very lovely.  Isabelle loved this and had heads turning shouting 'baby, baby' at the top of her voice when she saw baby Jesus laying in his manger.


We must have all been very good this year as Santa visited and spoilt us all.  I received a lovely selection of goodies from stitching friends. Thank you to Clare, Christine, Angi, Karan and Kathy. I've also received lots of lovely cards and emails with Christmas wishes, thank you to you all.


Hubby and I spent Christmas morning seeing Isabelle open her gifts. She was so excited and loved ripping off the paper. Lots of nice toys including a baby doll and pram and also a toy kitchen.




The 27th was a sad anniversary day for us and we went to Mount St Bernard Abbey and spent some quiet time there with our own thoughts. I always find peace when visiting here. The day passed and we were ready for another family gathering.


Saturday 28th we travelled to visit my mum for the day. Good food and conversation and some shopping in the sales near to where she lives and yes, we did spend some cash on purchases.

No stitching has taken place, but I have finished the crochet baby blanket I started.


Today is the last day of 2012. For some it has been a good year, for others not so good. For me personally, I have lost both friends and relatives. There has been a lot of sickness around with both family and friends too.  Good news with DH's results as we had feared bad news for him. He is far from being back to 100% but doing so much better.  There have been good things come into my life too during this year.  I joined a tai chi class in the Spring and am really noticing the changes that it has brought to the way I look at things. Not only physical but spiritually and mentally. The Book Borrowers started and that is great fun each week.  I have far exceeded the amount of books i usually read and have made changes to my daily routine so I include some quiet reading time each and every day.  I think we also had the 2 sunniest weeks of the whole year both times we went on holiday.  So, this year has not been all bad.

I'll do a stash round up next post as I hope to have just one more finish before the end of the year...I still have a little stitching time before Big Ben rings in the New Year and we find ourselves singing Auld Lang Syne.

I'm looking forward to 2013, new things happening and some old things continuing.  I wish you all good health and happiness for this brand new year and I hope whatever comes your way in the next twelve months, by the end of it you find that you have come out of it having lots of fun and happy times with family and good friends surrounding you.

Enjoy your New Year celebrations and when the clock strikes midnight here for me, i will be raising my glass and toasting you all wherever in the world you may be and wishing you all the very best for 2013.













17 comments:

Christine said...

Great pictures of the lights Julie.
I hope you have a Very Happy and Healthy New Year

Sue said...

Lovely Christmas photos Julie and Isabelle is growing so quickly. Even though I was born in Ashby I've never been to Mount St Bernards Abbey which is so close, I think I'll have to put it on my "must do" list for next year. Love and blessings for a happy and healthy new year to you and yours....xx

Sally said...

Lovely photos Julie.

Happy New Year xxx

Lesleyanne said...

Great pictures from the lights and Christmas. Happy New Year to you and your family.

stitcheranon said...

Fantastic photos. Really lovely. I think 2012 has been a year of reflection, finding new normals and remembering what is important. I wish you a very happy New Year xxxxx

Marian said...

Best of the Seasons to you and yours, Julie.

Marian

KC'sCourt! said...

I wish you a good new year
Julie xxxxxxxx

Mii Stitch said...

Wishing you & your family all the best for the New Year!

Cath said...

Happy New Year .XXX

Catherine's Sewing Corner said...

Happy new year to you Julie. Your pics look great and little one seems to be having fun.
All the best to you
x catherine

Carol said...

I can't believe how Isabelle has grown--how you must treasure your time with her, Julie!! And what nice gifts from your friends...

2012 will not go down as one of my better years either as we've struggled as a family with my dad's decline due to dementia. I do hope 2013 is brighter for all!! Happy New Year to you and thank you again for bringing my little Blue Bell bunny into my life--I so appreciate your kind gift :)

Catherine said...

What a wonderful post! I loved seeing all of your Christmas pics and goodies.
May the new year bring you much joy, health and happiness!

Maggie said...

Happy New Year Julie!

I loved seeing all the festive photos and Isabelle is growing up so fast. I bet it was a great Christmas morning watching her open presents:-)

Glad you managed some quieter moments to think and i hope that you also remembered happier times.

Take care x

Barb said...

Oh what a cute couple of bunnies Julie. Thanks for the walk through the lights looks a perfect way to spend a little time with a grandaughter who is so loved. To one who has become a dear friend to you and yours I wish a very happy and healthy 2013.
Much love

Janet P said...

Super photos. You certainly keep busy, Julie. How do you find time to fit it all in. Happy New Year to you and yours. x

Melanie said...

Lovely photos!! She's cute as the dickens. Gosh, it really is crazy how BIG she is now too!
Happy new year to you and your family! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great post with some lovely photos.
It's so good to be able to spend some time with the family at Christmas.
I loved the highpoint of getting the best 2 weeks for your holiday this summer!