All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Birthdays

Isabelle celebrated her first birthday on Saturday 26th May.


Lots of lovely gifts to open


A table laden with food to eat


and a beautiful homemade birthday cake and lots of little cupcakes made by mummy





It was a lovely sunny day and we enjoyed a family party in the garden.


Even midge was around to wish the birthday girl a Happy Birthday, he's not keen on excitable little hands that grab out to give him a big squeeze!



This past weekend was the extended bank holiday for the Queens Diamond Jubilee celebrations.

We had our own celebration on Sunday 3rd as my mum celebrated her birthday with a party at their caravan at the seaside. Unfortunately the weather decided to take a turn for the worst that day and although we had a wonderful time, it rained all day. No pics of the beach as the sea mist was dreadful and we were partying inside.



I came across this whilst out shopping and thought i would offer it as a giveaway. Perfect gift for a stitcher to remember the Jubilee, 3 little ceramic thimbles. Just say you would like to be entered in your comment and we'll draw a winner in a weeks time.


Now to some stitching news...

The monthly challenge for May was stitched and here's what i did with mine. Kathy (no blog) received this for her birthday.




and i also finished my part on Lynn's RR. I stitched the two and a half birds on the very left of the design, it's now going off to Clare for her part and i'll be getting Dusty's this round.




Lynn chose this design,The Pecking Order by Marjolein Bastin.



My wonderful cactus plant has been flowering over the past couple of weeks, i took a pic to show the 6" wide flowers that it has. When i came to upload it i noticed the LHN Tea Room design in the pic, i was only commenting on Mouse's blog last week when she showed her finish that i had mine on my table in the conservatory, so here you are mouse, you can see it here lol.



I hope you have all had fun over the Jubilee weekend, whether you were celebrating at parties and other events around the UK or just sitting in front of the TV watching everything.

Much love

x

19 comments:

Rachael G said...

Oh my, one year old already!!!
Where does the time go.
Happy Birthday little one!!
We watched it all on TV, Andy told me on Saturday he applied for tickets for the tea party/concert but was unsuccessful, he kept that quiet! lol
And birthday wishes to your Mum also!

Barb said...

Thanks for letting us join in the celebrations for Isabelle Julie.Be in touch soon hopefully.

Clare - Aimetu said...

Isabelle's party looks amazing Julie - beautiful cake.

I'm looking forward to stitching on Lynn's RR

Mary Ann said...

Isabelle is so adorable, and it looks like she had a most wonderful 1st birthday! Your May finish is lovely, and such a nice birthday gift for a friend!!

Linda said...

Belated birthday wishes to both Isabelle and your mum.

Stitching looks good - I did a Round Robin many years ago when I first started stitching and found it great fun.

Jan said...

What lovely celebrations you have had! Such a pretty MB RR you worked on. I am stitching an MB design at the moment.

Jan said...

Please enter me in the draw. Cute thimbles

Carol said...

I'm amazed that your sweet grandbaby is already one!! What a great looking party--I love her pretty cake and those yummy mummy made cupcakes :)

Your little hare gift for Kathy is so cute and your pretty bird stitching is lovely. Lynn will be thrilled with the final piece!!

It was fun to watch the coverage of the Jubilee here in the states--what a great thing to witness :)

Veronica said...

Wonderful birthday party! The homemade birthday cake and cupcakes are so sweet.

Beautiful gift you've made for Kathy. Lovely stitching on the round robin too.

Ooh... thimbles! I'd love to be included please. Thank you.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Shari said...

wow, a whole year already...time sure does fly!
It looks like you all had a wonderful, beautiful day for her party....
Love the stitching pictures..
You know, I never heard of the jubilee thing...I guess I lead a very sheltered life!

Janet P said...

You have certainly had a busy time, but great fun. I think the Uk was awash with bunting and flags, I know my village was!

Maggie said...

Happy Birthday to Isabelle and your mother :-) I'm glad the sun shone for at least one of the celebrations! (it's rained here ALL day!!)
All the party cakes look fantastic, love the photo of Isabelle enjoying her cake :-)

Love the stitchy gift for Kathy too, beautiful and practical!

As you can see i am able to get on to your blog now, don't know what was going on, but at least it seems to have righted it's self :-)

Christine said...

Happy Birthday to Miss Isabelle, I can't believe she is one already.
Lovely stitching and your cactus is spectacular

tintocktap said...

Belated birthday wishes to Isabelle!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Oooh what a milestone for your special granddaughter!!!! Lovely challenge piece.

I love the pecking order I need to get me a copy of that!

Brigitte said...

Happy birthday to little Isabelle!
I love Marjolein Bastin's designs very much and have this one in my stash too. I'm sure it was a lot of fun to stitch the little birds.

Melanie said...

I know I'm really late on staying up on blog reading this past week but Happy (belated) birthday to Isabelle!!! :)

Making It Vintage said...

Happy 1st Birthday to Isabelle, clever mummy, the cake looks fabulous. The jubilee weekend was a bit of a washout here too, I was quite happy to spend the day sewing with the celebrations on the TV in the background.

I love your bird stitchery........gorgeous.

I hope it's not too late to enter your lovely giveaway, very pretty thimbles.
lily x

Mouse said...

awwww she looks like she had a lovely birthday and the cakes look sooo yummy wished I had dropped by earlier ...lol
and yeahhhhhh I've seen it :) :)it is gorgeous and sooo tiny ....
just made a cuppa :)
love mouse xxxxx