All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Monday, 2 April 2012

Spring Exchange

I returned home from my little break away on Friday evening, the opening day for the Spring Exchange.

We had a lovely time, glorious weather for the time of year and we saw lots of lovely places, photos are being sorted from the camera so i'll do a post soon for you.

My brother was rushed into hospital on the Monday we were away so even though we had a nice time, we were also very worried about him. He was discharged Thursday late evening, but had to be readmitted again Saturday. He is now back home again resting and i have been able to see him and give him a big sister hug.

The Spring Exchange @ NH

I stitched a Shepherds Bush design for Angie (no blog that i know of) called Softly Spring and made a pinkeep.

The fabric was a piece from the oddment bag, a 28ct count but no idea what and i used DMC threads as i didn't have the required special silks the chart asks for.

I have heard that Angie liked it, i wonder if anyone else chose this design in the exchange, i need to go and see what everyone else received.

The lovely parcel i opened was from Rachael.

A Lizzie Kate spring design, so beautifully stitched and made into a little tray. It's the first time i have received one of these and i have never made one myself. Something else i might have to have a go at.

It's beautiful, thank you so much Rachael.

I'm looking forward to catching up on blog reading this week and see what you have all been up to whilst i've been away.

Take care, happy stitching and crafting!

xxx

19 comments:

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

The SB design you stitched is just beautiful! Aren't exchanges fun??!!

Tricia

butterfly said...

Lovely exchanges love the SB great stitching.

Lesleyanne said...

Both exchanges sent and received are gorgeous. Hope your brother continues to improve.

Rachael G said...

Lovely exchanges both sent and received, oh wait I sent you that LOL!! Lovely SB design!!
Hope your brother improves(hugs)

Gillie said...

Hugs to little brother ! Love your SB piece and the little tray. Glad you had a good time.

stitcheranon said...

Wow, I love what you stitched. It seems so detailed..and what a fantastic design back. I have never made a tray either...hope your brother is better soon.

Maggie said...

Lovely stitching Julie :-) - love the little shepherd!

Glad you had a good break, i look forward to seeing photos :-)

Hope your brother is on the mend now.

Daffycat said...

Oh, wonderful exchanges! The one you stitched for Angie is darling!

OMG ~ how scary, Julie! I will keep your brother in my prayers. *hugs*

valerie said...

I hope you brother starts feeling better very soon! I hope you had a nice time on your getaway. The exchange piece you stitched is lovely! SB designs are so soft and pretty!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I hope your brother is on the mend!

What a lovely exchange sent and received.

Barb said...

Hi Julie. lovely exchange pieces I will have to have a go at a tray too as not something I have tried.
Hope the news of your brother did not take away the pleasure of your few days away ,I am sure that Sisterly hug worked wonders. Look forward to seeing your pics, visited Cheddar many times.
Be in touch very soon
Hugs.

Christine said...

Both exchange pieces are lovely Julie.
Hope your brother gets well soon

Catherine said...

Very sweet exchanges!

Elisa said...

Beautiful exchanges both sent and received xx

Melanie said...

Hope your brother gets better soon!! :(

The SB piece came out darling. The threads you used worked out perfectly.

~*Shar*~ said...

Lovely exchanges hun; I'd love to award you the Liebster Award hun; check it out on my blog...

Hugs, Shar

Sally said...

I hope your brother is much better Julie. {{{hugs}}} to you both.

Lovely exchange pieces.

Carol said...

Oh, dear, Julie...I do hope your brother is okay now. I'm sure your big sister hug will help immensely :)

Lovely SB finish from your "oddment bag"--lover that description!! I'm sure Angie is thrilled with it. And such a pretty LK tray from Rachael...

Have a lovely Easter weekend :)

Clare - Aimetu said...

Thank you for taking part in Needlecraft Haven's Spring Exchange - superb gifts.

Easter blessings x x