All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 16 October 2011

Meeting up with other stitchers

A really lovely day yesterday was spent meeting up with fellow stitchers in Nuneaton.

I wish i could bottle up the lovely atmosphere, friendliness and really great time that is had. I remember being so scared before i attended my first one, but everyone was so lovely. Please ladies, if you are considering attending a group near you, take the plunge and go along, you wont be disappointed, there is always a warm welcome and you'll soon feel right at home. We were missing a few regular ladies yesterday and they were definately missed.

There was lots of lovely stitching on show, great work ladies. Some fabulous beading work by Lindsay, that was simply amazing and looks so intricate to do.





















The pictures never do the work justice do they.

Vicky from India Grace was with us and she had brought along samples of her lovely designs.

These are simply stunning, and something that i wouldn't dare venture to have a go at. Lots of inticate hardanger, but they are stunning to look at, i do armire her talent in creating these beauties.

I took some recent finishes with me. There were a couple that i finished last week and haven't shared with you here yet.

Amy's ripple cushion was one of them. I have loved every stitch of this one. The Sampler Girl - In the Meadow, my SAL stitch project on a Wednesday evening was completed last week too. A lovely project to stitch, i just need to decide how to finish it now, any suggestions?









Shores has also been out of the box. Block 5 was completed last night after i returned home. It's nice to get back to this one, i hadn't realised how much i had missed stitching on a big project. The next block is a double block with the masted ship so that will be another interesting one, all those white sails, oh boy thats going to be lovely...










Tina (no blog but she really should have one to show off her beautiful stitching) and i practised a ribbon edging on our monthly ornament at the meet up.

My design is from the 2010 JCS ornament edition and is by Susan Greening of Still Stitching with Susan. It's called Angels Sent and was lovely to stitch. The thread is a DMC variegated 115 and stitched up fabulous with the face turning out to be stitched in the lighter part of the variation, i'm really pleased with how this turned out and another to add to my collection for Christmas gifts.

I wish i had taken a pic of Tina's so you could see how beautiful her golden little man was. Well done Tina, he's beautiful.

After the meeting, some of the ladies headed off to the pub for a lovely meal, a beautifully cooked meal it was too and very reasonable, it finished the day off lovely. DH soon arrived to collect me as we only live a short drive away and we headed home. We were home in time to watch Strictly, so the day ended perfectly and a very happy but tired stitcher drifted off to sleep thinking of the fun time that had been had on a sunny Saturday in September. Thank you ladies for a lovely day, see you all next time.

20 comments:

missy said...

Sounds divine. Thank you for sharing the lovely photos. I have yet to participate in a get-together but hope to one day.

hugs
-missy-

Hazel said...

Sorry I missed it this time but just couldn't get there. Looks like you all had a nice day though. x

Rachael xxx said...

I am sorry I couldn't make it either, But I am glad you had fun!!

Lesleyanne said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time. Thanks for sharing your photos - they are great.

staci said...

Wonderful projects! Your day sounds like so much fun!

Maggie said...

Sounds like you had a great day, it makes a day so much better when we can spend sometime doing what we want to do instead of what we need to do, don't you think?

I love the little ribbon edging on your ornament, I'll have to be brave and have a go at one of those, soon!
And great progress on your other stitching too :-)

Have a good week x

Ranae said...

It's so fun even if its one dayer
I would like them more then a weekend once a year.
Lovely pieces ging on there.
In the Meadow is so sweet.
Shores is coming along great.

Karen said...

What lovely pieces you shared pics of... I love stitching gatherings too!


Happy stitching....

valerie said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Having a stitchy day with stitchers is the best. Great projects and wips. Love the ruching on your angel ornie!

Kate said...

It was a lovely day Julie, and lovely to meet you.
Thanks for sharing the secrets of the ruched ribbon - I may have a go at this now I've seen it done.

Ursh said...

Hi Julie, it really was a lovely day and I am itching to have a go at the ruching!!

Melanie said...

Sounds like a great time!!!
All the pics are super lovely. I particularly love the celtic banner. I stitched that once when I worked as a model stitcher for a LNS. It was awful having to hand it over to her when I was done. *sniff* It's such an impressive piece and I'm always glad to see people are still tackling it.

Dani - tkdchick said...

There is nothing I love more than gettting together with my stitching friends!

Julie you've had some lovely finshes and your large WIP is looking great! I'm never more happy than when I'm working on something big and complicated!

Rachael xxx said...

I have to ask what sunny day is in SEPTEMBER?

Shari said...

I remember the first time I went to a stitching gathering...oh my...was I scared...and then the first time I went to a retreat....again, scared...but oh how do I enjoy them...
everything looks great.....that pillow is beautiful! Great job..
Love the Sampler Girl piece you are working on.....

Julianne said...

Julie,

I am so glad to hear you had a nice time at the get together. Thanks for all the pictures that inspire.

The edging you did looks very nice. It is such an elegant trim for an ornament.

Carol said...

There is nothing like spending time with fellow stitchers who share your passion, is there, Julie? Lovely stitching as always!!

Sally said...

So glad you had such a great time Julie.

Love your finished JA piece and that ornament is so pretty.

Denise said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. Such lovely pictures.

Pumpkin said...

Looks like a fantastic time and look at all that lovely stitching! Congrats on your finish :o) I say frame it!

What an adorable ornie and you did a great job with the trim. I have yet to try that.

Shores is looking wonderful. Makes me want to start mine...