All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Monday, 7 February 2011

New Start

Feb 1st was the date to start the Carriage House Samplings SAL at Needlecraft Haven. There are lots of different designs the ladies have chosen to stitch but i went with Shores of Hawk Run Hollow for my biggie project for 2011.

I decided i wanted this to be a biggie too, so have used 32ct belfast linen in light sand which is the alternative suggested to the 40ct linen that the model is stitched on but to save on funds i have chosen to use DMC thread. This is how far i've got after 3 evenings stitching, it's lovely to work on, but hard to stuff all the excess fabric to the side. I've been using those sprung hair clips to keep it out of the way and clipped them onto the side of the snap frame to hold it - works a treat.

This one hasn't seen the light of day for a while, September last year in fact was the last time i put a stitch into it! Just in case anyone doesn't recognise it, it's Floral Fifteen by Just Nan, the 15 sided biscornu. I decided (or Mr Stick decided LOL) that it had spent way too long in the bottom of the workbox and definately needed to come out and play for a while before it really did become a UFO. I have to confess, i really did enjoy adding another little square to it, such pretty colours in it, why has it been neglected for so long? I think it might be finished sooner rather than later now its out again.

The monthly challenge has also been stitched and finished this week. The design this month is Love freebie from The Stitcherhood (available on the blog Jan 14th 2011 entry), a really nice design and perfect for upcoming Valentines day. No show though till the reveal as usual at the end of the month, i think there will be quite a few finishes again this month as the ladies all seem to be busy with this little design.

Last week saw the Chinese New Year begin, its the year of the rabbit. DH and i are both rabbits so hopefully a good year for us.

Talking of rabbits, i wonder how my little friend is progressing on the journey across the pond to Cathey from my blogoversary win? She must be rowing herself there as she seems to be taking ages to arrive.

Thanks for stopping by, see you soon

14 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely new start and progress on your Just Nan.

valerie said...

Great progress on your wips! Happy Bunny Year to you and your DH!

Hazel said...

Love your new Shores start and guess what?? I can start mine now as fabric has arrived at last! Just need to get my threads together now. xx

Denise said...

I love your Just Nan. The bunnies keep reminding how this is their year.

Bonnie said...

You got a great start on Shores. I have finished this block and started on Block 2. I need to get it out and stitch a bit.
Looking forward to seeing your progress.
I have the pattern for the Floral Fifteen. Also a big project. You are well on the way with this one too. Looks fantastic.

Ranae said...

A beautiful start on Shores. I used DMC on Villages and now on Houses.
I wish you would get that 15 sided biscornu done already, I would love to see it. I am so interested in starting one myself.
I hope this bunny year helps us stitchers to multiple our finishes, lol

jane said...

Lovely start on Shores, I am doing mine in DMC too, on 36 ct light sand linen. Looking forward to seeing the 15 sided biscornu - I have been curious about those for a while.

Christine said...

Great start on shores Julie.
The challenge seems to be a popular one this month

Melanie said...

Happy Bunny year!! :)

Clare - Aimetu said...

Lovely new start Julie. Hope bunny arrives soon x x

Rachael xxx said...

Wow that SAL will keep you busy for a while!
Oh that Just Nan one is pretty!!

Happy New year!!

Sally said...

You've made a fantastic start on Shoes Julie. I hope you enjoy stitching it as much as I did.

Lovely to see Floral Fifteen out again. I must get mine started this year.

I'm hoping to join in the SAL this month and stitch The Stitcherhood design. It's a lovely one.

Pumpkin said...

Beautiful start Julie! It will be big in the end!

I think it's about time it came out of hiding as well ;o) I can't wait to see it stitched up and put together.

SHE ARRIVED! SHE ARRIVED!!!! She was in my mailbox yesterday and is now pictured on my Blog. You'll have to go over and see how she's doing in her new home ;o) Thank you SO much Julie!

mollycaff said...

Great start on Shores, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on this design, I've been tempted by it a few times, but have resisted until now, although every time I see someone stitching it I get a twitchy clicking finger!