All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Saturday, 22 May 2010

Not a stitch ...

It's safe to carry on reading, i know the temperatures are soaring and it's mighty hot here in the UK this weekend, but rest assured there are no 'naughty' pics in this post, it's all about knitting, not stitching LOL

Here's the completed outfit for dolly. DH returned Tuesday to do some more work on their vehicle and was delighted to report they caused a lot of excitement. Having just become the big sister to a newborn brother was causing some jealousy recently so mum and dad had bought baby Mary (as we now know dolly is called) together with special nappies (it's ok Barb the nether regions are covered LOL) and clothes so 'big sis' could help and be just like her mum. Just as you would expect from a 3 year old, there was a cry of, but she's got no pyjamas when its bedtime.

DH was returning again Friday with the new part for their car, so i knitted a set of 'pyjamas' in record time using a ball of the variegated wool i had recently picked up in the sale bin. We thought it looked a bit like those floral flannelette pj's that children wear. It's from exactly the same pattern book as the first jacket but i've adapted it to have a collar and it does up with press studs so she can learn another new skill. The little trousers have elasticated waist for ease.

When DH returned home on Friday, he brought me this handmade thank you card from the little darling, isn't it lovely. Look at all the jumbled up wool that is on the front! Mummy has written inside to say that they are very grateful and to thank me for the lovely clothes.

Have a lovely weekend, hope the weather is as nice for you as it is here. It's back to some stitching for me this weekend, i might even get the monthly ornie finished.

15 comments:

Hazel said...

Wow lovely dolly outfits! I am very impressed. Ouch I forgot about the monthly challenge at JA. I wonder if I have time to stitch it tonight. I promised I would do this one. x

Barb said...

Hey Julie I am so relieved to hear that Mary is now well covered, and I love the pjs (you are a clever girl with your needles. Oh that little card is so sweet and what a good idea to do you a knitted one!!!
Hmmm it is a trifle warm here today and hotter tomorrow is forecast, I sat outside for all of 10mins too hot!! What is next for your needles I wonder.I am digging out and ornie and starting it tonight so we may be stitching together.
Hugs

Bonnie said...

Julie, the outfits are just precious. What a sweet little card.

Carol said...

That was just the sweetest thing to do, to knit those darling outfits for the little doll, Julie. They are wonderful and I can just picture the excitement and happiness on the little girl's face as she dresses her doll each day :)

Lesleyanne said...

What lovely clothes for Mary. A lovely thank you card for you.

Daffycat said...

Love the doll clothes! I remember my sister sewing me doll clothes when I was a girl. They were always my favorite. Handmade is best!

valerie said...

The outfits for Mary are lovely! That was so kind of you to knit them up for her! :)

Marian said...

You're a nice person!

Christine said...

The doll's clothes are sweet, but the little card you got back is even sweeter

Rachael said...

Aww how sweet, that you got a thank you card is really lovely as well!

Melanie said...

The outfits are just precious. (And so is the thank you card!)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Julie, your skilled needles must of been flynig!

Shari said...

you are so sweet to do this for the little girl. I am sure she was so happy with the attention paid to her, thru your gift!
Her card to you is priceless...enjoy!!!
We are warming up here too. Almost too warm for this time of year!!!!

Mylene said...

What lovely outfits you have made and pretty quickly too.

Karan said...

What kind-hearted souls you both are. Dolly is going to look lovely in her outfits. Sweet card. :0)