All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Saturday, 1 May 2010

May day ...

No i am not in trouble or shouting for help, that was Thursday when the washing machine decided to fizzle out and stop working. Good job DH is a Mr Fix-it, he whipped out the tool-kit and found the problem after some tinkering about. Off to the spares place yesterday, parting with a very small amount of money then out came the tool-kit in the evening and hey presto it's all mended and working fine again today. A big hug, a kiss and a slice of homemade lemon drizzle cake was all it cost me - cheap labour eh LOL

Hot off the frame at the end of April (sorry but it's not even pressed yet) Jardin Prive's My Ladys Quaker is now complete. The colours for my version are pink(DMC224), dark pink(DMC315) and green(DMC3347). It's been a real joy to stitch this one. I just need to decide now if i want to stitch Mr Gentleman Quaker to accompany her and if so what colours should i choose for him?

A friend of mine asked if i could stitch something for a dear work colleague of hers. We talked about what sort of thing and came up with this lovely design by Elizabeth Designs called 'Dear Friend' and decided just to frame it very simply. I changed all the colours as she wanted more vibrant colours. I've stitched it a few times, it's one of those you never tire of stitching.

I did complete all the stitching i wanted to in April and there will be lots of interesting things to stitch during May. 4 small birthday gifts as well as the Christmas ornie and monthly challenge at Stich & Stash. I still need to sort out a new JN for the SAL, but i cant make up my mind which one to do and i'd also like to try and make good progress on Irish Garden. I really must remember to take a pic of this as you haven't seen it since i first started it. Of course Grand Marquoir is still shouting loudly, i love this one and have 2 more squares added since my last pic was taken.

Thanks for stopping by, i hope you have a nice weekend, and for those in the UK, enjoy your extra day off on Monday

Love and {hugs}

13 comments:

Daffycat said...

Really lovely finishes, Julie! Big congratulations on MLQ ~ she is beautiful! Yes, do start MGQ...I'd love to see him in manly browns and greens. Never mind that those are my favorite colors, ok?

Lesleyanne said...

Congratulations on both your finishes. They are both beautiful. I agree, please do MGQ. Look forward to seeing your projects during May.

Shari said...

woohoo!!!! Your lady looks great!!!! Some day I will start her!!! And I agree with Sharon! Browns & greens sounds great for the man!!!!

MrsB said...

Congratulations on your finishes! I loved your 'My Lady's Quaker' so much at the meet in Nuneaton that I bought it myself...I'll probably start stitching it this week :o)

Perhaps stitch MGQ using shades of blue with some greens...?

Marian said...

Beautiful work! The quakers are on my list for the future.

And how lucky to have a Mr. Fixit. We have a Mrs. Fixit here!

Carol said...

Both finishes look wonderful, Julie! The colors in your Quaker Lady are so soft and pretty...great choices.

Isn't it nice to have a husband who is handy? I can't tell you the amount of money we've saved through the years by doing things ourselves.

How nice to have Monday as a holiday--enjoy :)

Bonnie said...

Very pretty finishes, Julie. I especially love the colors you chose for MLQ.

Barb said...

Love the MQL Julie,sounds as if you will be very busy in May with all the stitching you have planned.
I too have a Mr Fix it , I remember the days when our cars were fixed by him too. Those were the days my friend lol.
Enjoy the happy dance I too am happy dancing but more later on that!

Christine said...

MLQ looks lovely, I think you should definitely stitch her a gentleman friend, maybe use the same green with two blues?

Mylene said...

Beautiful finishes, Julie. I really love the quaker one and such lovely colours you have chosen for it. Congrats on both finishes.

Hope you are having a nice weekend. Here is pretty windy, cold and dark-it looks like it will rain soon.

Ranae said...

Wonderful pieces, Julie
I love the rabbit tea set
Happy May!!

Carol said...

Both finishes are lovely Julie! I've always loved this ED, although I've only stitched it the once, changing Friend to Sister. I bet your friend was thrilled with the finish and couldn't wait to pass it on to her work colleague. :o)

Sally said...

Lovely finishes Julie. They are both really pretty.