All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Thursday, 10 September 2009

A birthday gift and an ornament

Happy Birthday Clare

I hope you've had a lovely day, and received lots of lovely goodies from your family and friends.

I knitted these funky socks for Clare as a birthday gift, i can show you as i know she has received them. I've still got 4 more balls of this lovely wool and DH has requested a pair in the blue, so i guess i had better break out the knitting pins and knit him a bigger pair, you never know i might just try the 4 needle pattern and see if i can do that too.

The monthly ornament i chose for September is A Touch of Holly by Teresa Wentzler, it's from the Dec 1996 issue of Just Cross Stitch and was sent to me by Carol, thanks Carol for sharing this with me. If you scroll a little down on her blog you can see the Christmas Tree version she stitched. It really was a nice design to stitch, there are 4 different ones and i may do another at some time.

Seymore and Rose have sent a lovely postcard from their honeymoon in Dartmoor. They are having a fun time with Barb and her hubby and Ollie the dog.

Happy Stitching and knitting, thanks for visiting

11 comments:

missy said...

Great socks, Julie!! I have tried and tried my hand at knitting and darn it all I can't get a grip on it!! Is it wrong of me to buy knitted socks and pass them off as if I made them? LOL

Hmmmmm...have you knitted sock for the knitted bunnies? Ohhhh wouldn't that be cute!!

Hugs
-missy-

wendy said...

cute socks!!

CindyMae said...

Those socks are too cute! Love em!

Elisa said...

Funky socks Julie...they will keep Clare's toes all toastie warm :)

Lovely ornie too...very pretty and delicate

Mylene said...

Lovely socks. Great job!

Jenn said...

I love the socks!! They are so cool!!

Great job on the ornie!

Lesleyanne said...

Great job on the socks - lucky Claire. I love your ornie.

Christine said...

Those socks are seriously funky!

Hazel said...

Lovely socks Julie! I bet Clare was thrilled. Beautiful ornie too. xx

Karan said...

Lovely socks Julie, they look so warm. Such a beautiful ornie too. :0)
Sounds like Barb & the gang have been having a good time - they certainly picked the best week for good weather. :0)

Carol said...

Love those socks Julie and your star ornament is gorgeous! I might get to stitch another of these myself one day!