All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Saturday, 11 July 2009

Meowwy Christmas

The Christmas ornie for July is yet another one that has been in my 'to do' pile for such a long time. I love this, it reminds me so much of Mr Moe. Of course as you will recognise its a Margaret Sherry design, it comes from 'Country Friends' the free calendar for 2004 from Cross Stitcher magazine. The santa fabric is what i chose to back it with, quite appropriate for the saying i thought.

Part 2 of the Loopylou Christmas Wishes SAL. Not a lot to stitch this month, the pot under the tree, wording and pulled threadwork. 2 things can be crossed off from the sidebar for this month, now to concentrate on Dom Challenged, Amy's brithday is early next month so thats got a deadline. We've also had the instructions for the mail art exchange so i''ll be busy looking for some seaside theme charts this week.

As promised, here is what i bought at the LNS. I've wanted to knit socks for such a long time but didn't fancy using 4 knitting pins to do it or a circular needle. I had been looking on the web and found a chart that uses only 2 needles. Fate must have stepped in when i entered the LNS as i picked up one of the booklet folders and guess what was the first chart in there... yep, it was the one i'd seen on the web and they also had the 4 ply wool to go with it. A little pricey at £5.95 for a 100grm ball but how could i resist. There are 12 different shades of this wool each with a sign of the zodiac for the name, i chose the Leo one as thats my starsign. My knitting bag is shouting loudly but i have promised myself i wont begin them till Amys pressie is all stitched otherwise she might not get it till next birthday!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend whatever your plans

14 comments:

Paula said...

Hi Julie, I LURVE your ornament....would look loverly on my Christmas tree!!! pmsl

OOOOO socks, I'd love to knit a pair...one day I will. I've found a great website with cheap wool I'll email the like to you during the week. I've just ordered 4 cardigan patterns for me....I'll definitely be making one!
I love the colour of wool you have chosen for your socks...I wonder what colour Taurus is lol

Happy knitting and stitching and big (((hugs))) to you....

Clare - Aimetu said...

Great wool :) I'm jealous already of your socks.

Your Loupylou is looking good - I haven't started mine this month yet.

Rachael said...

What a lovely ornie,I do like Margeret Sherry designs. Look forward to seeing you with the socks on!! LOL

Ranae said...

The ornie is so cute, Love that big hat.
I never seen that loopylou, it is pretty.
Pretty in pink socks, have fun!

Gaynor said...

The ornamnet looks great! Please tell me the details of the sock chart which uses two needles...I would love to have a go but like you have been put off by the four needles...I struggle enough with two lol

Christine said...

Your ornament is gorgeous! I tried knitting socks once. It wasn't the four needles that gave me a problem, it was the skinny skinny sock wool, you'd sit knitting for hours and it wouldn't seem to grow at all. Lets just say that David has ONE lovely fairisle sock ;D

Elisa said...

A cutie ornament there Julie....:)

Good luck with the socks...I try with knitting but really don't get on with it, I did manage a few "Paul O'Grady Hats" and that's about all...lol lovely yarn though...

CindyMae said...

Love the ornie, that is just to cute! I so wish that I could knit and I have tried to learn but it takes away from my stitching! LOL I would love to be able to knit socks though. I can not wait to see those!

Daffycat said...

Oh how I love your MS ornament! Well done!

Jenn said...

I love the Christmas stitching!! I have been contemplating starting mine! Now, I may just have to! Socks! I have also been wanting to knit myself a pair of socks but have not found the pattern I want. I can't wait to see yours finished, the colours in the wool are really pretty!!

Srinity said...

Oh the cat is so cute! :)

Shellie said...

great work as always Julie
Good luck with the sox I cant knit to save my life lol
Hugs and Happy stitching and Knitting Shellie

Sally said...

Good luck with the socks Julie. I don't think I'd be able to knit socks!

The ornie is so cute and your SAL is looking so pretty.

Love the bunny you knitted for Karan! I bet she loved it!

Karan said...

Love the cute ornie. CW is looking lovely (must make a start on mine soon!). What a gorgeous mix of colours in the wool - reminds me of Neopolitan ice cream. (Drool!). Look forward to seeing the socks. :0)