All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 7 June 2009

Sunday - cant think of another title!

Earlier this week the UK was in the grip of hottest temperatures for this year and we were basking in 26degrees, evenings spent here at the allotment by DH as watering was needed and we harvested our first few potatoes. He did comment that a spell of rain would be good to swell them as they were a little small.... well he certainly got that yesterday and today, its piddling down and the road outside is flooded!! Lots of other fruit and veggies growing nicely too, i made rhubarb jam yesterday and in the greenhouse we have our first cucumber ready for picking the next time we have a salad.

Stitching had been very slow this week, not been feeling the best, results of the tests last year showed i have a mild form of MS so its an ongoing thing. I did stitch the monthly ornie this week and today put it together, the first time i have used a finishing form and it was so easy to use. This design is a free one by Just Nan - Christmas Hearts and can be found at Nordic Needle together with quite a few others. I printed this off in November 2005 so it says on the bottom of the chart, its not been in my to do pile that long then, i bet have others that have been there longer if i look :-)

Clare is doing a tutorial for beginners, intermediate and advanced stitchers in hardanger at Stitch and Stash starting 1st July. Although i've done a little, i still feel i could do with some expert help and advice. She has a charity blog where she is selling her own hardanger bookmark designs and other things with all proceeds going to 2 different charities. I'll be doing the beginners one. I'm sure it will be great success Clare and i hope you make lots of money for the charities.

Love and {hugs}

14 comments:

Shellie said...

Great stitching
we have the same weather here too
Hang in there hun and you know where I am if you need me
Hugs Shellie

Christine said...

Nice to see your allotment, my veg garden was grateful for yesterday's rain too.
I like the Just Nan ornie

Gaynor said...

I still have not had any rain...now that is a first lol.
Lovely stitching..What and how do you use a form???

Lori-Ann said...

First harvest!! Congrats. Hope the remained of the harvest goes very well this year.
Sorry to hear you have a touch of MS. You have a fine family that will take great care of you, so take comfort in that. :o)

Bonnie said...

Julie,
I really like the Just Nan Heart. I downloaded it, I am trying to decide what to stitch for a Just Nan Exchange.
Thanks for your comment on my blog about Rain Rain Go Away.

Karen said...

nice orni the allotment looks great, we have had mainly sun today with 10 mins of rain lol

Clare - Aimetu said...

Always here for the MS :)

Thanks for the link to my blog

(((hugs)))

Julianne said...

Hi Julie,

I'm sorry to hear that you've not been feeling the best. Hugs.

Your JN ornament looks lovely! The fabric and floss colors look really nice together.

Mylene said...

Love the ornament you made and thanks for the link.
Best wishes.

Lynn said...

Sorry to hear your not feeling so good Julie, Hope it soon passes and your feeling better ((((hugs))))

I hope this actualy posts this time, I've tried 3 times so far lol

mollycaff said...

Lovely ornament Julie. I'm sorry to hear about the MS, I hope you're feeling better very soon. Rhubarb jam - yum!!

Sally said...

Your Just Nan ornament is gorgeous Julie.

Hope you're feeling a bit better this week {{{{hugs}}}}

Karan said...

Hope the flare up eases soon & you start to feel better (((((((((hugs))))))))).
The allotment looks great Julie. Nothing beats the taste of those homegrown goodies! One gorgeous ornie there & I love how you've finished it. :0)

Lisa said...

What a lovely ornament, not seen that design before. So sorry to hear you're not well, sending feel better hugs.