All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, 14 April 2009

SAL & WIP

I have a folder with lots of ornament designs that i'd like to stitch and the monthly ornie SAL is a great way to get a good collection for the festive season. This one came from JCS Ornament Edition 2006 and is by Charlotte Web Needleworks. It's one of those designs i think you either love or hate. The roof and bricks are not the stitch shown in the magazine, i didn't like how it was done so used the stitchers perogative and gave it my own version.

A bit more progress to show on the Travelling Stitcher too, this is so lovely to stitch.

I have one more deadline item to stitch for this month which is the monthly challenge. This time the designer is A mon ami pierre, i've finally decided which one i will do (i think!) i like most of the free charts on this site :-)

Of course i still need to get a couple of motifs onto Beatrix this month too but i dont suppose i'll get a lot done this week stitchywise as DH has got the week off and he has plans for lots of little jobs getting done around here, fingers crossed Mr Sunshine decides to play nicely and we can get the trelliswork painted ... such joy!!!

20 comments:

staci said...

Very pretty ornament Julie...way to personalize it!

Dianne said...

Beautiful job! Your traveling stitcher is coming along beautifully!

Shellie said...

both look fantastic well done Julie
Happy stitching
Shellie

Mylene said...

The travelling stitcher is coming along great and that's a lovely ornament. Congrats!

sofietjes borduurwerkjes said...

very nice.
I love that sort of desings.

Lori-Ann said...

The ornament looks pretty. Good old, JCS Ornament issues! :o)
The green fabric is so nice for the design in the bottom picture.

Well I sure won't be painting outside... grumble, snow.

Stitchingranny said...

Well I for one really adore that ornament it is so pretty and I love everything about it, the colours, the stitches and the way you have finished it - and oh yes the design lol.

Christine said...

Lovely ornament Julie

Daffycat said...

I love the ornament, it's so nicely finished. The stitch you used in the roof is gorgeous!

The fabric color in Traveling Stitcher is sooo yummy. Great stitching Julie!

wendy said...

love the ornament and great job on your wip

Carol said...

Your little ornament is gorgoeous Julie. I love your version.

The Travelling Stitcher is coming along nicely. I was so excited when a dear friend surprised me with this one recently - I must think about making a start on it one day soon.

Lynn said...

lovely ornament Julie, well done!

Stitcher said...

Loving the travelling stitcher.

Dani - tkdchick said...

That ornament is lovely I stitched it for an RR and really enjoyed it!

Shari said...

everything looks great Julie!!! I want to get back to travelling stitcher too! I haven't touched it for a while!
Enjoy the week with your husband home!

Sheilasembroidery said...

Some great work, well done.

Karan said...

Another lovely ornie Julie & TS is growing nicely, another pretty piece. Hope it's not all work & you can get some time to stitch too. :0)

Hazel said...

Beautiful and beautiful! Love them both. I am very envious of your TS! xx

mollycaff said...

Travelling Stitcher looks great, I'm looking forward to starting this one myself

Bonnie said...

I love your ornamrnt and the way you stitched it. Traveling Stitcher is looking great!