All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 29 March 2009

March Reveal Day

Reveal day at Stitch and Stash is exciting for all the ladies, lots of great ideas and colour combinations. This months album has all the wonderful finishes that have been sent to Karen to include. If you like quaker designs The Workbasket which was this months chosen site is a great place to get some freebies.

I decided to make a bobbin holder using the DMC colours the chart asks for and stitched 1x1 on 28ct lugana. One of the ladies at the stitching club has a Birthday next month and this will be my little gift to her.

Mr Sunshine has been out today, such a contrast to yesterday but not a lot of stitching going on here, i haven't quite woken up all day, maybe it had something to do with the clocks going forward last night and me loosing an hours sleep....

17 comments:

sofietjes borduurwerkjes said...

very nice julie.
Where do you get al the nice paterns.
Greetings sofie

Karen said...

very nice finish well done

Ranae said...

Cute bobbin holder.
Aww! we didn't get all that snow they predicted, and it's almost all gone now with the sun out :)

Karan said...

Lovely bobbin holder - lucky birthday lady. :0) Sunny but cold here - very nippy on fingers!

Rachael said...

Great way to finish your challenge piece Julie, and a great birthday gift!

Julianne said...

Julie,

Your bobbin holder is truly lovely! It looks so delicate stitched over one.

Have a good week.

Clare - Aimetu said...

What a lovely piece of work Julie, great gift idea too :)

Mylene said...

You finished it beautifully, Julie. Well done!!

Shari said...

beautiful Julie!!!!! love the soft blues!

Elisa said...

Gorgeous finish and colours Julie...lucky lady to receive it too!

Daffycat said...

That is a really nice finish, Julie!

Lynn said...

what a lovely finish Julie, well done! I love these little floss rings, I must try making one.

Stitchingranny said...

Oh I do like that finishing idea and its something I could really make use of so I think somewhere in the near future I will have to have a go at one of these. Love the pretty blues too - so fresh looking.

sofietjes borduurwerkjes said...

what do you mean with the workbasket because i dont find it.
Greetings sofie

Sally said...

Beautiful finish Julie. I love the way you finished it off.

Lovely surprise from Barb. I think she's been very busy:)

Love the bunny! She's so cute!

Carol said...

Ooh, that is lovely Julie! I wish I had been able to join in with this challenge, I would have chosen this design as I've wanted to stitch it for a long time. I love how you chose to finish it and may have to finish mine the same way when I eventually get around to doing it. :o)

Maddy*Moo said...

what a lovely piece! i must look at this site lol. thanks for sharing julie!