All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Monday, 9 March 2009

A helping hand (or paw!)

UK ladies know of Bagpuss and Lizzie Mouse and her song about fixing things and making them as good as new.
I'm so glad she lives here with me, she's been such a help today. After 4 hours of glueing, cutting, sewing and stuffing we both needed a nap this afternoon. A good job you weren't here to witness me reading aloud and talking to her and asking if i was doing it right on the first part of the Peacock Chair LOL
Patience was needed after glueing the templates to the craftboard and waiting for them to dry.
I didn't stitch on the 'LHN SAL Wool Needlebook and Scissor fob' last week so pulled that out and started the border for the scissor fob. I wish the camera would show the true colour of the fabric as its so nice, its hazelnut from Silkweaver and a really rich brownish colour.

Weekend stitching and finishing March monthly ornament. The chart for this is from Gift of Stitching online mag Issue 11 December 2006. Marie-Chantel Lord from Sweet Stitching designed it. Just after the holiday season beaded chains were reduced to 10p at a local DIY store. I thought they might look like holly berries around the edge but not so sure now its finished?

A finish also for the album of the monthly challenge but i cant show you that till reveal day at the end of the month. I think i've been good and deserve a new start....

14 comments:

Daffycat said...

Yay for finishing! I kinda like the big beaded edge.

Dianne said...

Beautiful stitching! I love that LHN project...and someday I probably need to treat myself to that pattern! Very pretty ornament!

mollycaff said...

Lovely ornament! Do I see the beginnings of a chair???

Mylene said...

Cute ornament finished!

brokenfairy said...

I hope Lizzie has been helping you with the cutting!!LOL
Some lovely stitching Julie, and I like the berry edge!

Lynn said...

YEAH!!!! well done Julie, the first step is the hardest, you'll have the chair put together in no time now .... one step at a time remember! lol

I love the ornie, and the beads look just perfect :)

Mary Ann said...

A lovely ornament finish!

Karen said...

great stitching, can't wait to see the chair finished

Ginnie said...

Lovely stitching - glad you are tackling the chair!!

Jenn said...

What beautiful stitching. I can't wait to see the chair finished! I also love the way you finished that ornament! I never thought of beads!!

:: wee bird :: said...

that needlebook is so pretty! I love the purple in it.Can't wait to see it done ;D

Christine said...

Lovely ornament, the bead chain was a stroke of inspired genius!

Oh and thanks, I've got that "We will fix it" song stuck in my head now ;D

Lisa said...

Lovely onament Julie, I do love the LHN design, i must dig this chart out soon. Good on you for getting started with the peacock chair, I have th ther one but I'm terrified I'll muck it up LOL

Karan said...

Definitely looks like holly berries - great idea & it looks fab. Good start on the chair finishing too. Love the LHN piece. :0)