All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 22 February 2009

Challenge revealed ...

Sorting out stash can throw up some forgotten treasures. I found this lovely paperweight/coaster and it was just perfect for one of the February challenge designs. My first time using 35ct linen and i really liked it, also the first time i've finished a design with DMC linen threads (again found in the sort out) and not frogged the whole lot out as the threads were knotting. Maybe i should look through my stash more often to see whats in there!

LHN - Wool Needlebook and Fob
Sunday means update picture of the SAL with Karen. This week i finished the front of the needlebook. Next week i'll start on the scissor fob, the design is exactly the same but over 1 and the word 'scissors' replaces 'needlebook' i'll make them both up when i finish the stitching. The fabric looks a bit washed out in this pic.

I hope you all had a nice weekend

15 comments:

Marian said...

Beautiful paperweight! Perfect.

Thanks for the thoughts on my friend. She's constantly on my mind but no news of her killer yet.

Marian said...

Oh, I just looked closer to the needlbook. I've done that one, too. LHN has just come out with a new needle saver piece. I ordered it last week.

Daffycat said...

Lovely paperweight! I love the LHN front ~ well done!

Lisa said...

what a lovely paperweight,what perfect it is for that lovely finish

love the needlebook, i have this in my stash, i really need to stitch it soon

Dani - tkdchick said...

That paperweight is just gorgeous congratulations!

Your needlebook is lovely too!

brokenfairy said...

That is a perfect fit for the papaerweight,It is amazing the things we find when we have a route around in our stash!! LOL

Christine said...

Its amazing what you can find when you go stash diving ;)
The paperweight is perfect for your challenge piece. Lovely needlebook too

mollycaff said...

Just love those little sheep, so cute!! The paperweight is just lovely.

tintocktap said...

That paperweight is just perfect for that design - a beautiful finish!

Lynn said...

I'll have to have a hunt through my stash and see if I come up with some thing as nice as that paperweight! I love the design you chose for it :)

Ginnie said...

lovely paperweight and needlebook, well done.

Mylene said...

Your February challenge piece turned out great.
Congrats on finishing the LHN piece.

Srinity said...

The paperweight is beautiful! And I love those little sheep. :)

Sally said...

I love the paperweight Julie. It is beautiful.

The LHN is so cute! I do love those sheep. Might have to get this out of my stash soon!

Karan said...

LOL at the stash finds. Lovely paperweight, really like those soft colours. Love the LHN finish - got that in my To Do pile. :0)