All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Saturday, 31 January 2009

Bye Bye January ...

Happy Birthday Stephie

Here's the gift i made for Stephie's birthday. It's Hummingbird Scissor Case freebie from Xstitchhappy
Fabric is 28ct sky blue evenweave and threads DMC. First time i have made a scissor case like this and i'm very pleased with the result. Stephie's recently got back into stitching and blogging, please stop by and wish her Happy Birthday and encourage her to blog more!!!

Here we are at the end of January, this month has certainly whizzed by. Time to look at what i hoped to achieve, did i manage to do it???

Birthday gifts ~ DONE
Blogoversary Gift for Shellie ~ DONE
Monthly Challenge ~ DONE
Monthly Christmas Ornament ~ DONE
Start Beatrix Potter Quaker SAL ~ QUITE A BIT DONE

There was also the Peacock Stitching Chair to be made up and the PAP SAL parts 10-12 to stitch - NOPE not done either of these!!!! BUT ... I have just finished CCN The Tea Room, the SAL with Karen, i think i'll save a pic of that for next time and keep you waiting LOL

21 comments:

Daffycat said...

Oh, beautiful finish Julie! Stephie is sure to love it!

Thanks for the link...I visited Stephie's blog!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow that's ust beautiful!

Ranae said...

That is so beautiful. And so nicely finished too.
I am sure Stephie loves it.
And good for you, you achieved a lot this month.

wendy said...

so lovely! i have that in my to do pile..near the top. I may get to it one day..lol

Shari said...

that is beautiful Julie!!!! I am going to have to go get that freebie!!!!! I love hummingbirds & can't wait for them to return around Mother's Day!!!!

Julianne said...

Julie,

The scissor case is just lovely! I've been admiring your BP piece. You've made quite a bit of progress. I've quite a bit of catching up to do :)

Thanks for your kind words about my BP piece.

Hazel said...

Oh it's a beauty! I did the hummingbird triangular scissor case. I think Sharon's designs are just fab! x

Clare - Aimetu said...

The scissor case is absolutely gorgeous Julie - and well done on completing everything x x x

Maren said...

That scissor case is just darling!

Sally said...

Wow, Julie, that is absolutely gorgeous! I bet Stephie loves it!

I hope Midge is better soon.

Stephie said...

I love it, thank you Julie for such a beautiful gift, another treasure, hugs,
Stephie x

staci said...

What a gorgeous birthday gift! I'm sure Stephie is thrilled with it!

Christine said...

That is a lovely scissor case, and well done on all the stitching goals you achieved this month

Karen said...

lol I still havent finished I must do that today lovely gift

Elisa said...

Gorgeous finish Julie and well done on your acheivements this month!!

mollycaff said...

Absolutely beautiful Julie! Thanks for the link to the chart too, what a great blog!

tintocktap said...

Beautiful finish, Julie and a lovely gift for Stephie! You've got a lot done in January too!

Karan said...

A gorgeous finish Julie. :0)
Have added Stephie to my Bloglines list so I can keep visiting. :0)

:: wee bird :: said...

Oh the hummingbird's are beautiful.Very spring-like! she is a lucky girl.

Mylene said...

That scissor case is simply beautiful!!

Stitchingranny said...

A beautiful finish your friend must have been thrilled.