All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, 30 December 2008

Stitch & Sew

So far so good ..... i had a very quiet and lazy day today as the boys were out at work. I listened to some nice peaceful CD's and drank lots of Lady Grey tea whilst finishing off gift number 1 which i started yesterday.

The design you have seen before as i stitched it for the noteblock Christmas gift (and it was still in my workbox lol) Its a great design from an old magazine. Thread is DMC 3835 and i chose to finish it as a lavendar hanging pomander (home grown lavendar)as the lady its for is a knitter and not a stitcher, i hope she likes it.

I'm on a roll ... another lady has a birthday second week of Jan and her scissors are naked, so i decided to make a biscornu fob. 28ct mushroom evenweave and Dragon Perle 12 floss 'beloved' was used. I always backstitch the outline and sew up with Perle 12 when doing a biscornu as its much stronger and you can pull it tight without it snapping. I decided to carry on and stitch the front and back with the same and made up the design as i went along after i had stitched a 22 stitch square. The twisted cord is made with the Perle 12 too.

Happy Stitching, i think i'll put a few X's into the dreaded Peacock Chair tonight ...

13 comments:

Gaynor said...

I love the little biscornu...will def have to get some stitching scissors so I can do something similar lol.

Dianne said...

Very pretty projects! I have both of the stitching chairs and haven't started either yet! I'd love to see your progress...

Ginnie said...

Love your projects you completed... I too have made an ornament with lavendar in today! Good luck with the chair!

Karen said...

very nice finishes

brokenfairy said...

I have to say I like the new pic of Mr Moe in the basket!!
Glad you had some quiet stitchy time. Lovely little Lavender pomander. and a cute little biscornu fob!Good luck with the chair!!

Daffycat said...

gorgeous stitching, Julie. You could always send me that peacock chair...

Ranae said...

Both finishes are awesome.
Ah! I want to see that Peacock Chair. I love it, but the finishing scares me to death.
Good Luck!!

Clare - Aimetu said...

Lovely work as always Julie - you are so kind to stitch these gifts for all your friends.

Always smiling said...

I loved your latest stitching, great to see other stitchers work it spurs me on.
Happy New Year

Chris x

Always smiling said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sally said...

Lovely pieces Julie. The biscornu is so sweet.

Thank you so much for my lovely scarf. I wore it on Monday when we went into Hull and it kept me lovely and snug. There is a thank you note on it's way:)

Happy New Year my dear friend:)

Lynn said...

Lovely stitching as always Julie :). If you need any help with the Peacock chair, just ask, mine is sitting right next to me as I type ;)

staci said...

Such pretty finishes! Wishing you a wonderful 2009!