All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Monday, 29 December 2008

Christmas gifts

I was well and truly spoiled by stitching friends and received some wonderful gifts, special thanks to Karen, Karan, Kathy, Clare, Sally, Judy, Steph and Cindy.

I am the proud owner of a glass bead bracelet from Karen. DH thought these were sweets and could be eaten - silly man!

Karen also stitched me this super quaker ornament

Little things i stitched and sent ...
Lizzie Kate 'Friendship Grows' for Steph

From the Gift of Stitching online mag for Kathy

Elizabeth Designs - Special Stitcher for Karen


What plans have you made for stitching in 2009 then?? I've signed up for the Beatrix Potter Quaker SAL that starts Jan 1st. Fabric and threads are sorted so i'm all ready to begin.

I still need to finish off the Papillon How does your garden grow 2008 SAL, i'm only up to Part 9 so intend to get that finished as well as The Peacock Chair by The Cats Whiskers before i start anything else. Also there are lots of birthdays at the stitching club in January and i had intended to stitch them something this year instead of buying a present. The first birthday is Jan 1st so i guess i better get my 'smokin needle' out and start something hadn't i LOL

13 comments:

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

Hello! My name is Nika! I so like your blog! We are from Russia. My husband and I to work with students. We organize many clubs to construct attitudes friendship and to speak them about the Christ. I have ladys club, we to do hand made cards, scrapbook, quilt and crosstitch. It is good opportunity to testify about our God and His love! Every Saturday I have craft club for ladyes. We do cards, quilt, crochet, cross stitch too. It very not usual and new to Russian culture. I to study from different blogs how to make cards, made quilt and to use different technics. We are missionary to the Far East Russia. We are russian. We live in city Birobidzhan, it is the Jewish region in Russia. A lot of Jews live here. They have synagogues and to celebrate religious holidays. But many of them do not know the Christ. We have 2 daughters. Polina is 8 years and Liliya is 2 years.And if you are interesting about us I shall be glad give answer to you. I will glad if you can write me.Sorry my English.
Nika

--
You can vizit to my blog http://christforchristglory.blogspot.com
and our family ministry blog
http://fareastrussiaforgodsglory.blogspot.com

Karen said...

wow lots of lovely things there

Gaynor said...

Wow that is excellent. I love the colours of the fabbies you have and the satin threads look lovely.
I have my own SAL this year and have reorganised my intentions for 2009. At the mo I am on top but plenty of time for all the balls to drop lol.
I looked at the BP SAL but worried about how much you are meant to do a month. Am looking forward to following your progress.

Gaynor said...

Hi Julie..can you e-mail me your addy on gaynor.french@yahoo.com so I can send you your prize for 12 days lol

Gaynor

Kathy said...

Wow Julie they are all gorgeous.

Happy New Year

Hugs xxxxxx

staci said...

Everything is wonderful! Love all the stitched pieces :)

Mylene said...

Lovely gifts both sent and received!!

Happy New Year!

Marian said...

How lucky!! Still getting Christmas presents. But you all have an extra day that we don't. Boxing Day. Saw an English friend of mine that I haven't seen in a few years this afternoon. Was wonderful to hear "real" English spoken!!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow you received a lot of beautiful gifts from your friends and stitched up some wonderful ones as well.

Sounds like you're ready to start off your New Year's with a great project and know what you need to wrap up.

Lori-Ann said...

Great gifts, Julie!!

Christine said...

Some lovely gifts there Julie

Ranae said...

Fabulous gifts received and given.
Jan 1st I am going to dig out Quaker Christmas and start that, hopefully, lol.
Happy 2009!!

Karan said...

Gorgeous gifts, given & received. Belated Happy Blogoversary too. :0)