All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Wednesday, 30 July 2008

Happy Birthday ...

Today is my 45th Birthday, and what a wonderful day it's been.

Friends have called in to see me and i've received lots of lovely cards and gifts from family, friends and online ladies too. Some of them were a total surprise. Thank you for your good wishes on the MB's i visit too.

Tonight i'll be off to the stitching club with my basket full of cakes, and also a candle to light in memory of our dear friend Hazel which will burn to celebrate her life for the duration of our meeting.

My brother recently had a holiday in the US and i asked him to see if he could get me the Whitman Tin whilst he was there, he didn't manage to get that but he did get me all this (and yes those Whitman boxes have the chocs inside them ... yummmmmy)

DH bought me a pair of 'love' scissors from Kelmscott and started off my pandora bracelet, he bought me the love charm, the kitty, Leo symbol and the glass bead. DD and her BF chose the present and the four leaf clover and DS chose the fish (he's a keen fisherman!). It's really beautiful and the charms can be collected and added easily when a special occasion comes along.

A box arrived from Karen earlier this week and was duly confiscated by DD, she decided i could not be trusted near it LOL. Karen you really have spoilt me, i know how busy you are and yet you still found the time to stitch me the beautiful ED card and the mirror together with all the other stuff that you enclosed, i felt really spoilt, i love the choccie bar, thats just about how the split goes in this house LOL (please can you come over and vacuum up all the teeny weeny stars that now adorn my conservatory floor!)

Another envelope arrived yesterday and as soon as DH saw Sally's name on it, that was duly hidden too. Thank you Sally for this gorgeous needleroll and fob, the strange thing is i had bought this chart to stitch for the needleroll exchange we did at JA then changed me mind, it really is beautiful, thank you.

When postie came this morning he had an armful of cards and wished me Happy Birthday, such a surprise when i opened these. Rachael sent me such a cute card of a knitted chef holding a cake (i have this pattern in my stash Rachael!) Helen was kind enough to send 2 dragon floss with her card and i am also the proud owner of a Karan creation. Karan also sent a JBW chart with her card. Jan and Fiona have each handmade a card and Kathy over at the east coast has sent me a card and some yellow gingham fabric. Thank you so much ladies. xx

Thank you for making my Birthday a very special day
Love to you all

21 comments:

Sally said...

Happy Birthday Julie! So pleased you have had a lovely day. You have received some lovely, well-deserved gifts:)

Karen said...

Happy Birthday
lots of lovely gifts and cards well done



and nope I won't come and vacuum up those stars lol do you realise how many didn't make it into the box

brokenfairy said...

Happy Birthday!! Lots of lovely gifts for a special lady

Shari said...

wow Julie!!! Happy birthday to you!! You made quite a haul from everyone! You truly are having a great day!!! Congrats & ENJOY!!!!!!

Itching To Stitch said...

Happy Birthday, Julie ;)

"Magnolia" said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Julie!!! You deserve a day as special as you are!

Diana said...

Happy Birthday, Julie! Those are some lovely presents you've got. It sounds like you've had a wonderful day...

Enjoy the rest of it!

xstitch.nl said...

Happy Birthday to you, Julie!! Sounds like you are having a great day. What wonderful gifts, enjoy!!

icelandmom said...

Happy Birthday dear Julie. I can tell your birthday has been a nice one. All the best to you.

Mylene said...

Happy Birthday, Julie. Such lovely goodies you received...ENJOY!!
(((big hugs)))

Karan said...

So glad you've had such a good day with lots of lovely cards & gifts. Love the bracelet - bookmarked that site for a better nosey round! LOL
Such a special way to remember Hazel (((((hugs))))).

Christina said...

Happy Birthday Julie! What wonderful gifts you received.

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Julie!! It sounds like it was a wonderful day!! What sweet, thoughtful friends!

Daffycat said...

I hope you have the happiest birthday ever!

Lynn said...

sounds like you had a wonderful birthday Julie, and you certainly had some lovely cards and presents from your family and friends xxxx

Lori-Ann said...

Happy belated Birthday, Julie!!
I feel left out of this party! LOL (maybe I'll get your addy someday ;o)

What wonderful blessings were bestowed upon you!

Karen and I share the love of sprinkles in other people's mail I guess. I laughed so hard! Have fun vaccuming!! hehe (bet I won't get your addy now, eh?) ;o)

Christine said...

45 eh? You are still just a baby ;) Glad you had a good birthday, you certainly got some wonderful presents.

tkdchick said...

Happy Birthday! Those around you sure treated you well!

Paula said...

Happy Belated Birthday Julie, sounds like you had a lovely day, and what gorgeous gifts you had too....

Hope you had a good stitchy night...
Hugs, happy stitching and knitting.....

Lori-Ann said...

I have nominated you for an award. Pick it up and wear it proudly. :o)

Ranae said...

Oh! I am so far behind in blog reading again :(
Happy belated Birthday to you. Looks like you made out, lol