All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 1 June 2008

White Rabbits, white rabbits, white rabbits ...

No i haven't gone and stitched 3 more bunnys in the last 24 hours! but i did think when i was typing it why haven't i made a white one yet? they are all grey or fawn coloured. It's one of those strange superstitions here in the UK, you say this before you speak anything else when you wake up on the 1st day of a new month to bring you good luck ...

Elisa was my partner in the secret needleroll exchange at JA. Partners have been revealed today so i can now share with you what i chose to stitch.
Chart - M Designs - Rose Mosaic Needleroll
Fabric - 32ct belfast linen in cream
Threads - DMC
Embellishments - Mill Hill beads and 4 flower treasures
This was a lovely project to stitch and looked so pretty when finished i had a hard job parting with it, i hope you liked it too Elisa. It was my first M Designs needleroll, but i don't think it will be my last, i've seen some really pretty ones that i like the look of recently. Thank you to Tracy who stitched the superb one that i received and showed in yesterdays post

WHAT DID I ACCOMPLISH IN MAY
SAL's:-
Papillon SAL - Part 5 stitched
LHN with Karen - Stitched on each Friday, up to week 8 now
FINISHES:-
Knitted bunnys - 6 adults & 2 babies received, 2 adults & 1 baby not received yet
Heirloom Embroideries - Darling Buds - mirror finish
Just Nan - Dragonfly Summer -needleroll for exchange
Just Nan -Ornamental Letters - bobbin holder
WIP
Chatelaine Tiny Rose Garden - almost complete!

I hope lady luck shines on us all this month, weather wise and stitching wise (and moneywise LOL)

16 comments:

Stitcher said...

Julie, I'm drooling over that needleroll, it's stunning. I have that pattern on my wishlist, I already have several of the Mdesgign patterns, but not that one.

Stitchingranny said...

The needleroll is stunning Julie and I am sure Elisa will have been thrilled. I have a set of Dinky-Dyes NRs and they are now sorted out so hope I am going to get to try making one before too long.

Elisa said...

I am one very lucky girl to receive such an exquisite needleroll and the lovely extras which came along with it...if I had of stitched it not sure I would have parted with it...lol
Thank you Julie...I will treasure it.
BIG HUGS

Julianne said...

Hello Julie,

The needleroll is stunning! I love the colors.

I hope you have a good week and thank you for the birthday wishes.

Itching To Stitch said...

You did a beautiful job on this needleroll ;)

Karen said...

lovely needleroll

Mylene said...

Well done on the needleroll! It's simply beautiful!!!

Dawn said...

Your needleroll is gorgeous Julie :) You certainly have been busy in May! You put me to shame lol

tintocktap said...

Wow you needleroll is gorgeous! I'm not generally into needlerolls, but I'd make an exception for that one!

Lori-Ann said...

VERY pretty NR!!

Another lesson in Brittish culture and superstition. I love it, thanks. Hope you get the best stitching/financial/health/weather month yet.

Daffycat said...

Beautiful needleroll! Elisa must have been thrilled!

Carol said...

Ooh Julie, your needleroll is gorgeous! I bet Elisa was absolutely thrilled when she unwrapped this little beauty! I've been updating my wish list over the last few days and just had to add this one too! :o)

Sally said...

Oooh Julie that is an incredibly beautiful needleroll. Not seen that M Designs one before. Think I shall have to treat myself.

Rachael said...

Superb needleroll!
You got lots done in May!!

Diana said...

That's a gorgeous needleroll, Julie!

Karan said...

Gorgeous needleroll Julie!
Enjoying seeing all the bunnies, they're so cute. :0)
LHN is coming on a treat too & the mirror finish is so pretty.
So many lovely things have appeared since my last visit!