All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 27 January 2008

Making the wrong choice ...

I had some DMC linen threads in my stash which i've never used and i was sent a few extras by a friend when i told her i had decided to stitch the Papillon Creations Mystery SAL 'How Does Your Garden Grow' with them. The colours although muted looked really nice and i was keen to make a start on it. Last night i sat down to stitch, i did 4 flowers and by this time it nearly went into the bin!!! They are awful to stitch with, the slubs in them make it hard to thread the needle and they seem to fray so easily. As i need to make sure i have enough thread for the 13 parts of this mystery i knew that if i continued with them i wouldn't enjoy this project and be worrying that i might run out of thread so out it all came.

This morning i decided that i would use good old DMC and make it a really bright and colourful project to try and regain my enthusiasm with it. After pulling lots of different colour choices i finally decided on these and i sat for a long time today really getting carried away with it enjoying it so much. Part 1 is now complete and i'm really looking forward to the next part.

14 comments:

Karen said...

LOL shame about the floss
you made a goos start the colours are great

icelandmom said...

I´m sorry to hear about your experience with the DMC linen floss. I must say I really love the choice of colours that you have made for your Papillon Mystery. Looking forward to seeing some more.

Ranae said...

Thats a great restart on the PC Mystery SAL. The colors are so pretty. I love that Eliza's Pyn Pillow too.

tintocktap said...

Shame about the linen floss, it must have been so frustrating! But you've certainly made up for it with your DMCs - it's looking beautiful and I love the bright colours. Look forward to watching it grow!

Carol said...

This is looking really pretty Julie.

I have a set of the linen floss which I've never tried yet. They look really lovely but I'm not sure I fancy trying them at all now! Perhaps I'll just do a few stitches on a scrap of fabric so I don't get too disappointed.

Nicola said...

Your sampler looks really pretty Julie. I've yet to start on mine, and I don't know when I will. Shame about the linen threads, youe experience makes me glad that I don't have any.

Sally said...

Sorry to hear about the linen thread. I'm pleased I don't have!

The first part looks gorgeous. I love your choice of colours.

Christine said...

It looks lovely! Thanks for the warning about the linen threads.

Lynn said...

Oh dear, and I've just gone and bought some linen floss !!!!

Your re-start is very colourful, I'll look forward to seeing this one progress :)

Rachael said...

Lovely start hope to catch you up with this

Stitchingranny said...

lol looks like the frog was busy over the weekend, visiting us both.

I adore the lovely bright colours you chose for this one though.

Itching To Stitch said...

Your piece is so pretty. I don't care for the linen threads either. Glad you decided to change early on ;)

Karan said...

Gorgeous colours Julie, they remind me of summer flowers - looking forward to watching this develop. :0)
Was thinking of getting some of those linen threads but that's just changed my mind.

Julianne said...

Julie,

The colors you've chosen just sing Springtime! It's going to be beautiful. I'm anxious to see it come to life. You're one talented stitcher and you accomplish so much. Have a wonderful weekend.