All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 16 September 2007

Time to reveal ....

... the gift i started Thursday. It's a 1996 chart by Just Nan called Victorian Floral-Ornamental Treasures VII, a bargain buy from Ebay a very long time ago. I decided to photograph it with the chart so you can see the changes i made to it - purples instead of blues in the border, and purple beads and algerian eyes instead of gold. The fabric is a little bit of green 28ct something (jobelan i think) that was in the stash box and thread is DMC, the gold is a Guttermann thread i found last time i was in my LNS. It's like Kreinik Very Fine Braid but much easier to use. I've also used the Guttermann Gold on the Blackwork Dogs and thought i'd share a WIP pic of that too.

I hope you've all had a nice weekend with your families, doesn't the weekend seem to whizz by fast these days, or is it that i'm getting old and it's taking me twice as long to do things!!!

9 comments:

Karen said...

Oh Julie the JN is stunning I will wait for it to arrive at my front door soon. the blackwork dogs is coming on well

Shell said...

love the changes you made,I like your version better,the green fabric make the colours pop more.
Enjoyed reading your blog.

Edda said...

I just love the Just Nan piece. The finishing is so beautiful and the colour change is just perfect. And the scottie looks cute too.

Carol said...

Ooh Julie this is gorgeous! Bet DD's BF's mum is going to love her pressie! I really love the colour changes you've made too! :o)

Paula said...

Hi Julie, the JN is gorgeous, well done.....
Just seen your sal start too and its lovely, it's a beautiful chart. Will be watching for yours and Karens progress on it....
Huggles and happy stitching

Lynn said...

what a lovely gift, I'm sure she'll love it. Your changes make it even better than the original! Well done.

Rachael said...

Wonderful stitching as always,and yes the weekends do seem to go quicker!!!

Sally said...

Another gorgeous finish Julie. The changes you have made are lovely.

The Scottie is coming along nicely too.

Nicola said...

Julie, your JN is gorgeous! I just love the changes you've made to it. I have that same chart waiting to be stitched, but have never given any thought to changing the colours.