All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Saturday, 25 August 2007

Bank Hol weekend

The girls at the stitching club have made some lovely things for the raffle - bookmarks, a couple of needlerolls, cards and small designs in frames. I chose to make 2 noteblocks for my donation, the chart is from an old magazine, can't remember which one. The lady who runs the club is stitching the sampler for the overall winner of the show this year, wonder if DH will win it for the 3rd year LOL


My new start this month, Blackwork Dogs by X-Calibre Designs (to see the finished design click the link in Plans for Aug). Started this on Wednesday evening at the stitching club, it's really nice to be doing something different, a long time since i did any blackwork. Does anyone else like blackwork??


I received this gorgeous needleroll from Amy in the exchange at TS. It's so pretty and very ME!! I'm keen to reveal what i stitched but still don't know if mine has been received, so can't show you what i stitched yet ...

UPDATE ... it's arrived, here's what i stitched for Shirl
Victorian Silk Needleroll by Liz Navickas, a freebie from www.kreinik.com
Stitched on 32ct belfast linen cream
Silks - Vikki Clayton in Victorian Mauve, Dark Mauve & Midnight
Beads - Mill Hill Petite 42024


It's the Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK and the weather seems to be behaving itself for us. I hope you all have a nice weekend whatever your plans are. Thanks for dropping by

7 comments:

Karen said...

nery nice stitching the note blocks are great , the needleroll very pretty

Edda said...

I´ve never stitched any blackwork. It is locked somehow in my mind that it must be difficult and I guess that is what has been stopping me. I love the design of the dog Julie and the needleroll is absolutely beautiful. I also like what you stitched to donate.

Rachael said...

Love the idea of those note blocks,and the Needlerolls are so pretty,and cute doggy well done,you have been busy.

Paula said...

OOhh note blocks are lovely Julie, well done on them. The needlerolls are gorgeous, I've never attempted one......
Enjoy the bank holiday weekend hope the weather is nice....
Huggles and happy stitching....

Stitchingranny said...

Love both the needlerolls Julie, would be proud to own either of them.

Like your little blackwork dog. I recently started a blackworks house which is my first real piece having only done small squares in blackwork before. I am really enjoying it.

Please can I ask where you got the blocks from. They would make lovely gifts.

Sally said...

Love the noteblocks Julie. What a brilliant idea.

The needleroll for Shirley and the one you received from Amy are both gorgeous.

The blackwork is brilliant!

We've had nice weather for the bank holiday weekend but it's clouding over now.

Heather said...

Yes I love blackwork Julie. The note blocks are great.