This months theme was 'tree' and what a lot of choice there was. I've been admiring
Helen's Heirloom Christmas so when i found a similar chart by Sue Hillis Designs in Just Cross Stitch Ornaments 2003 i knew that had to be the one. But, then was the decision how to finish it off ... i wanted to try something different. I'd seen on
Su's blog a while back some instructions how to ruffle ribbon so decided to have a go at that.
After a lot of fiddling and a few choice words at the beginning, it did get easier as i went along, here's the finished ornie
Congrats to you all on your wonderful work in your blogs, i really enjoy looking and get such inspiration and ideas from them, thank you for being my stitching friends
That's such a lovely ornament Julie, and finished beautifully. Well done on a first rate job!
ReplyDeleteThat's gorgeous. Are you keeping it yourself?
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning finish Julie! You've made a fab job of the ruffled ribbon, I still need to try that lol. So did you put it in the post to me 1st or 2nd class? lol
ReplyDeleteThis is such a pretty ornament Julie. I´ve had my eyes set on this one for a while. Might end up doing it one day. I definately need more hours in the day :-) LOL
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful day.
All the best,
Edda
That is beautiful Julie. I stitched this one a few years ago.
ReplyDeleteThats a lovely finish Julie
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Julie, and I love the ruffled look edging it sets if off to perfection.
ReplyDeleteRegarding enjoying visiting others blogs I am sure everyone would agree that it is also a pleasure to visit your blog.
Hugs
Beautiful Christmas ornie ;)
ReplyDeleteJulie, it is BEAUTIFUL!!
ReplyDeleteJulie, your needle must be smoking. What another gorgeous finish you have there well done.
ReplyDeleteHuggles and Happy stitching....
Your ornament is lovely - I really like the tree - well done!
ReplyDeleteYour ornament is beautiful Julie! I've always loved this one and must get round to doing it one day. I love how you've finished it with the ruffled ribbon too. :o)
ReplyDelete