All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, 12 June 2007

Christmas Ornie SAL

This months theme was 'tree' and what a lot of choice there was. I've been admiring Helen's Heirloom Christmas so when i found a similar chart by Sue Hillis Designs in Just Cross Stitch Ornaments 2003 i knew that had to be the one. But, then was the decision how to finish it off ... i wanted to try something different. I'd seen on Su's blog a while back some instructions how to ruffle ribbon so decided to have a go at that.

After a lot of fiddling and a few choice words at the beginning, it did get easier as i went along, here's the finished ornie

Congrats to you all on your wonderful work in your blogs, i really enjoy looking and get such inspiration and ideas from them, thank you for being my stitching friends

12 comments:

Nicola said...

That's such a lovely ornament Julie, and finished beautifully. Well done on a first rate job!

Stitcher said...

That's gorgeous. Are you keeping it yourself?

Lisa said...

Another stunning finish Julie! You've made a fab job of the ruffled ribbon, I still need to try that lol. So did you put it in the post to me 1st or 2nd class? lol

Edda said...

This is such a pretty ornament Julie. I´ve had my eyes set on this one for a while. Might end up doing it one day. I definately need more hours in the day :-) LOL
Have a wonderful day.

All the best,
Edda

Sally said...

That is beautiful Julie. I stitched this one a few years ago.

Karen said...

Thats a lovely finish Julie

Stitchingranny said...

Beautiful Julie, and I love the ruffled look edging it sets if off to perfection.

Regarding enjoying visiting others blogs I am sure everyone would agree that it is also a pleasure to visit your blog.

Hugs

Itching To Stitch said...

Beautiful Christmas ornie ;)

Mary Ann said...

Julie, it is BEAUTIFUL!!

Paula said...

Julie, your needle must be smoking. What another gorgeous finish you have there well done.

Huggles and Happy stitching....

tintocktap said...

Your ornament is lovely - I really like the tree - well done!

Carol said...

Your ornament is beautiful Julie! I've always loved this one and must get round to doing it one day. I love how you've finished it with the ruffled ribbon too. :o)