It's been a while since I blogged here. Things are still challenging for us. As well as the ongoing problems that I am still facing, DH has now been diagnosed with a serious heart problem and is awaiting a heart operation which hopefully will not be too far away. We have a bag packed ready just in case of emergency admission!
Unfortunately, blog reading has not really been happening and I apologise for not visiting you recently. Lots of things have not been happening.
I've finished off a couple of ornaments stitched earlier this year
I made a couple of felt ornaments and sent them to each of my nephews and their wife/partner as they are both to become fathers themselves in the spring.
Socks have been knitted in quieter moments and in hospital waiting rooms
Earlier in December we attended a Christmas tree festival at church. There were 1300 trees in all. Such a spectacular sight to see, here's a few.
The community centre organised a Christmas Fayre and the knitting group I belong to had a stall filled with delights for sale to boost our funds
Also at the community centre we had 'Cinema in the community' this past week - 50 people were invited to see Miracle on 34th Street on the big screen and enjoy a buffet lunch after. DH and I were lucky to receive an invite and it was so lovely to enjoy the company of local people we call friends.
It wouldn't be Christmas if I hadn't had my annual chat with the reindeer
and I did bake and ice my cake ...
Postie has delivered some lovely gifts, thank you ladies.
Parcel from June
A table centre handmade by Christine
Ornament from Deb
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, have fun and enjoy!
Love and blessings
Julie
I'm so sorry to hear that things are so challenging for you, it never rains but it pours. Sending my best wishes for a happy and peaceful Christmas and that things go well in the new year xx
ReplyDeleteHope you have a lovely Xmas.We also have health problems in the family.My son in law should have had a brain tumour removed earlier this month but it was cancelled and rescheduled for Feb.They,my daughter,Mike and our two granddaughters are arriving this afternoon and staying until Thursday or Friday.We aim to forget the health problems and have some festive fun.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to read you are facing difficulties, Julie. Sending love and strength as well as Christmas wishes to you and your family. Xx
ReplyDeleteOh no. I am so sorry to hear this Julie. I hope this heart operation happens very soon. God bless you both. May you have a Blessed Christmas!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to read of your health problems I hope you both have a peaceful and restful Christmas:)
ReplyDeleteHave a Happy Christmas with your family, I understand your worry for DH, mine had his op a year ago and now is in good health.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to read this.
ReplyDeleteI hope the heart operation happens very soon.
Take care... and I wish you a happy and peaceful Christmas.
All the best Jan
Happy Christmas to you and your family Julie, so sorry to hear things are not good on the health side, hope 2020 improves for you, love all your finishes and love your community, it's a shame a lot of other places don't follow hugs xxx
ReplyDeleteJulie: merry Christmas
ReplyDeleteLovely tree photos.
What fun to go shopping for gifts and help with funds.
Love the cake.
Your ornament and socks are wonderful.
Merry Christmas
Catherine
Belated seasons greetings to you & family. Have a lovely New Year and I hope to be posting more soon. Take care.
ReplyDeleteWhile it is always nice to see a post from you, I am sorry to hear your news. I do hope 2020 is a better year for you both.
ReplyDeleteAt least there are two new babies to look forward to. A good excuse for more knitting.
The tree festival sounds wonderful, that really is a LOT of trees!
Oh, Julie--I do hope this coming year will improve for you and your husband. The heart operation sounds very worrisome and I hope it happens very soon. Thank goodness we live in this age when so many miracles are possible through surgery and medication. I'm glad you have your hobbies to keep you a bit distracted... Your ornaments and socks are lovely as is that scrumptious looking cake. Wonderful gifts and those trees are fabulous!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you, Julie--sending a caring hug across the Atlantic ♥
So sorry to hear there are health issues going on. I hope they are all over and you both are back to good health quickly. Lovely trees and gifts received. Love your socks and ornaments you made up. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteOh, Julie, I'm sorry to hear about your hubby's and your health issues. Hopefully, things will begin looking up in 2020.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could have gone to your Christmas Fayre and had the opportunity to buy some of the lovely goodies on display there.
Your finishes ornaments and socks are so pretty!
Happy 2020 and I'm hoping for nothing but the best for you and your family next year.
Lovely stitching and knitting Julie, and the Christmas tree festival looks beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you. I hope it brings you both improved health
I hope your new year is off to a good start and that your husband can get his operation as scheduled and not urgently.
ReplyDeleteYour finished ornaments all look lovely, and I love your socks!
So many trees and it looks like your knitting group has been very busy.
My Dad used to bake that cake, but it's been such a long time since he's done it. Maybe I should surprise him next year?!
Such sweet gifts, lucky you!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete