All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Wednesday, 15 May 2019

Gifted Gorgeousness - May

Mid month, the15th, so that means it's time to join Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching and the other folks who link up to gifted gorgeousness. 

What is it? It's a post about things you have been gifted or that you have gifted to others.  It can be anything at all.  Some people shoehorn in things in the strangest of ways (you know who you are!)

You can find a link-up to other bloggers here that join in.

Since last month I have two finished gifts to share

Hubby's socks are complete, and this Yak/merino/nylon blend is so soft, I think I might have to purchase some of it for myself from Snuggly Stars Yarns.


The second finish is a pair of socks for my mums birthday early next month, its what she asked for if I could manage it.


The first time I have used this sock wool from Cygnet- and its a bit scratchy, but hopefully it will soften when washed and worn a few times.  She's a fan of blue and lilac so this colourway called Airedale should be fine.

I've just come home from a quiet, relaxing and rejuvenating week away at the seaside and I was so pleased to have the gift of my 5 senses. 

The sound of the waves



The sight of the bird life and the beautiful sunsets 




The smells of the harbour at Burnham Overy Staithe and the crab pots 


The touch of a new book purchased at the little independent bookshop in Burnham Market.  I like to support this super little bookshop and pay the full price, not the supermarket reduced one and of course my Book Borrower ladies will all get to read this too so definitely value for money


The taste of a Bircham Bun (a type of tea cake which is one of DH's favourites that are made at Bircham Windmill) with flour they have milled themselves and to a special recipe - this didn't last long enough to get its picture taken!!   

It'll be interesting to see what everyone else is posting for GG this month. Why not follow the link-up and visit some blogs you might not know.

Love and blessings

Julie
 

22 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your post with finished socks and a beach trip in touch with your senses. It's good to slow down and connect with the beauty around us. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both pair of socks.... loved knitting socks when I live in the colder climate. The vacation pictures certainly are love to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie,
    I’m still catching up on blog visits!
    I love your socks! I remember knitting socks for my dad when I was much younger!
    Mum and dad used to do Scottish dancing and the men had to wear knee length cream coloured socks with their kilts. Mum and I knitted a few pairs!
    Love the wool for both pairs of socks!
    Lovely to see the sea! Hope it’s a good book!
    Hugs
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your socks are gorgeous - and so are your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous socks! Looks like you had a wonderful time away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the socks Julie , your mother's colour are so pretty .
    So happy you had a lovely week away .
    Tell your hubby next time I want to see the teacake ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your socks, knitting for hubbies bigger feet make the socks look huge, my hubby is the same, he's size 11. You had a good break.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure both pairs of socks will be very gratefully received. Glad you had a good week away and it looks as though you got the weather for it too. It sounds like you've come home nice and relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely socks Julie! What a nice time away. I am interested to know if the book was a good read?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you explain how the Book Borrower works please? Thank you. AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for taking part in GG this month.
    The socks do look great, I hope the second pair become as soft as the first!

    Let us know what you think of Old Baggage. It was our Book of the Month a while back so I read it. Couldn't stand Matty but loved The Flea and the different girls. Matty was just a rich woman who didn't appreciate her privilege, that's my opinion anyway! It was definitely an interesting era for women and not one covered in fiction so much as The War Years.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the socks & your take on our 5 senses which are the "best" gifts in the world. We should never take them for granted. Thanks for a great post. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julie: I am loving your socks, they are beautiful.
    Love the beach photos.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do like your socks, such great colours.

    Lovely to see your photographs, so pleased you had a good break away.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful socks, lovely colors. Must be very comfortable, as weather here is still cold and wet my feet would appreciate a lot some warm knitting. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the socks, especially the blue ones! I hope they soften up for her.
    Lovely views from your holiday, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your week away at the sea sounds wonderful, lovely photos, like your socks too I'm sure they will be appreciated and worn often:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so happy to read that you had such a lovely getaway by the sea, Julie--well deserved, I'd say! Love your five senses photos and I think your knitting looks as wonderful as always. Hoping your week ahead is a wonderful one! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the warm and cozy looking socks. Beautiful colors. Beautiful photos of the sea. Thanks for sharing. I love going to little book stores too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely socks and glad you had a wonderful time away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad you enjoyed your break Julie.
    Great socks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your socks are always wonderful Julie. There is nothing better than time at the beach. We are headed there on Monday for five days and I can't wait. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, thank you.

It's lovely to hear what you think and it's always nice to read any comments that are left by readers.

I do appreciate each and every comment, thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.