All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Saturday, 27 April 2019

Scavenger Photo-hunt ~ APRIL





Joining in with Kate for the monthly scavenger photo-hunt.  You can see the other photo-hunters in the April link-up post on Kate's blog (I live, I love, I craft, I am me)
 The words for April  were :-
 

Edge
Loaf
Bridge
Mine
Black
My own choice
 
 
Edge
 
Standing right on the edge of the platform to take a picture
(DH took this one, he's the train buff!)
 
 
 
 
Loaf
 
Playing Happy Families card game with my granddaughter. 
I had the loaf family in my hand :-)
 

 
 
Bridge
 
The Humber bridge
 
 
and here we are driving across it on our way to the seaside 
 
 
 
 
Mine
 
The feel of sand between my toes
 
 
 
 
Black
 
That would have to be my mood one day this month.  Not possible to photograph that, but what I can show you is the black tape hubby put over the window that was smashed on my car
 
 
 
 
My Own Choice
 
Signs for the community garden newly made children's own growing area. 
Drawn by my granddaughter when she came for a sleepover this week
Laminated by nanny and all ready to put up when we are next there.

 

 
 
 
Love and blessings
 
Julie
 
 
 
 


23 comments:

  1. I love that you have the Loaf family as your picture for that prompt.
    Always nice to feel the sand between your toes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Shazza & her comments about the Loaf family, which is a game I've never seen & as for sand between my toes, I love it. I thought your own choice is great & you must have talented little grandies, who take after their Nan. Thanks for sharing, take care & huggles. BTW, it's a long time since I've been over the Humber Bridge, so must remedy that some day.(giggle)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell Isabelle that i'm impressed by her drawings:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hunts. You always chose great things. We always had to cross a bridge going to the seashore too. I've never heard of the card game but I bet it was fun. Feeling sand between your toes is a wonderful feeling. Most of all I enjoyed seeing the drawing of your granddaughter. It is fantastic. Hope you are having a lovely weekend not like the day your window was damaged. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great thinking outside the box, especially the Loaf family :)And the feel of sand between your toes is something I haven't experienced for quite a year or two. Must get out to the beach again...but I think I'll wait 'til summer now.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos and interpretations, love the Loaf family also Edge and Mine - it's wonderful to feel sand between your toes. The Humber Bridge is so majestic it's always exciting to drive across it . The drawings for the Children's Garden are wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it's such a long time since I played Happy Families, that's brought back lots of happy memories. A great photo for Loaf! I'm itching to get some sand between my toes again, I do love trips to the seaside. What great drawings for the children's area at the community garden, Isabelle's done a great job. Sorry to hear about your black mood, sending you lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard of the loaf card game, I'm going to look for it, I have a 5 year old nephew that I would like to get him interested in card playing. I will have nice white Florida sand between my toes in 2 weeks. After the cold Spring here I'm looking forward to it. What a shame about the car window!! Love your Children's garden signs! Have a great weekend, Mary@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm, I am so sorry your window was smashed Julie. I much prefer that you enjoyed sand between your toes. Do that again soon for the both of us. I have not been able to do that since I have gotten this crummy migraines three years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved seeing your toes Julie, and very pretty ones they are too.. sorry about the smashed window, hope it's fixed now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been years since we drove over the Humber Bridge; we don't often travel that way as it is a bit for for a day trip. But it was good to be reminded about it. I used to play Happy Families but can't remember the Loaf Family (that was a good one). Such a nuisance about your car window; hope it is all fixed now. The bridge is my favourite photo by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos Julie...loving your interpretatiions too. So sorry about your car window...loving the drawings. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isabelle is quite the artist :-)
    Great choice of photos but sorry about your car.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely selection of photos and stories and lots 'out of the box' thinking!
    thank you for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Photos .
    Sorry about your car Julie.
    Love those little garden signs .
    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A good selection of photos to match the words, Julie.
    Isabel is good at drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've always loved going on train rides so I did like your first photograph.
    Smiled at the Loaf family and admired your grand-daughters art.

    A lovely post.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great photos. Nice to see your interpretations.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely choices! The LOAF family made me smile! Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such cute drawings by your granddaughter, Julie! Much better than I could do--truly :) So sorry about your window--I hope it can be repaired very soon. Wishing you a merry, merry month of May! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. All fun photos, except for your car's window! I love the drawings, so very colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great pictures Julie (well apart from the car window)
    The signs for the Children's Garden are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love opening your blog page as I get such pleasure at seeing your little silver sewing machine on your banner picture.
    Great selection of pictures. Love your Happy Family cards but Loaf family is new to me. So sorry about your car window. Sickening.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, thank you.

It's lovely to hear what you think and it's always nice to read any comments that are left by readers.

I do appreciate each and every comment, thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.