Ten days into April and i'm here playing catch up.
A drs check up visit and subsequent trip straight off to the A&E dept to be checked out further where i think i must have picked up the cough and cold germs that have been doing the rounds for a while and lots of you have suffered with. Golly, it's been awful. Over two weeks later and it's still here, but i'm feeling a lot brighter these past couple of days.
I totally missed the end of the month 'How did I do this month' post
So, a quick collage of the books I read in March....
and the few finishes I had.
I did stitch an Easter exchange but that remains a secret till opening day
The Scavenger hunt photo challenge end of March that Kate sets, that got missed too. (Sorry Kate, I have taken note of the April words)
I'd casted on this shawl and have been knitting the odd row here and there. Easy to pick up and add a few stitches/rows inbetween coughing bouts and sleeping!
A free Pattern called Grain from Tin Can Knits
I saw this wool on Christine's blog back in July when she made a stunning shawl herself (here) and really liked it. It's James C Brett - Northern Lights and so very snuggly and soft.
Feeling a bit better these past couple of days and the shawl finished, i've casted on some socks. Simple rib pattern and it keeps the hands busy. Itchy fingers so i must be on the mend but still sitting a lot to keep the coughing at bay.
The wool is hand dyed from Snuggly Stars Yarns.
It's called Russet Sunset and is 70% merino with 20% Yak and 10% nylon.
I've never knitted with yak before have you?
It's nice and soft and knitting up beautifully.
I've got a good book to keep my company as well. The Moon Sister by Lucinda Riley, the 5th in the Seven sisters saga came out in paperback last week and DS treated me to it for Mothering Sunday - i hope you all had a lovely day.
DD bought me the most lovely and very different type of gift. She had named a rose after me and the box comes with the seeds to grow it yourself. A great gift for a special birthday, thought it might interest some of you. DH has put the seeds into his propagator so we wait for new growth.
Love and blessings
Julie


Hope you are feeling better soon, its a pain to feel off when the sunny weather is here. Love the shawl.
ReplyDeleteI am trying to locate a few of the books you have read. I am not always successful finding them here in the States through our library. I have never heard of yak yarn. How fun!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely gift Julie, roses are my absolute favourite flower. I hope they do well and propagate nicely.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry too much about the cold thingy julie. I had it for ages and my throat took a long time to get better, so much so that I went to the docs and I don't like doing that. It did go in the end though.
ReplyDeleteLove all the knitting but the action man outfit is my fav.
Briony
x
Hope you are feeling better soon Julie. I know exactly how you are feeling ... the month of March was a total blur because of illness. You are always very busy even on what you think is a slow month. I love your pretty shawl. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear you've been under the weather, but hope you are soon fully recovered. Your knitting is lovely. I can almost feel the yarn!
ReplyDeleteOh Julie poor you these colds are so nasty.
ReplyDeleteLove the rose card what a great idea .
Hope you will feel much better with a warm Spring .
Sorry to hear that you have had such a nasty cough and cold and I hope you feel well again soon. How wonderful to have a rose named for you, such a thoughtful gift and unusual too:)
ReplyDeleteI have picked up every bug making the rounds in March and felt great the past few days and now have a cold...it's never ending this year!! I hope your feeling much better soon but it doesn't seem to keep you down!! Love all your March projects but I'm so impressed with that pretty red sweater. Your new shawl is lovely too!! Mary
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear you haven't been very well Julie, like yourself I've had a bad cough for most of this year apart from a week, it's so exhausting. I hope you feel better soon. Love your shawl, it looks so soft and warm. Lovely rose gift, great idea. Xx
ReplyDeleteHi Julie...I hope you are feeling better soon. So many lovely things to share...Love the 'name the rose' such a lovely idea. Beautiful shawl too...Debbie x
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm sorry to read you are still fighting that horrible flu/cold thing, Julie. It really got a lot of us bloggers in March, didn't it? It's been over a month and I still have coughing fits now and then, but, for me, the worst is over. I hope you get back to normal very soon.
ReplyDeleteLove all of your creations this past month--especially that gorgeous red sweater and the stylish Ken doll :) Too cute! Enjoy your weekend ♥
Oh Julie, sorry to hear that you have been so poorly and even so you have managed to keep on doing some stitching and reading. Your shawl looks very delicate and soft and and your gift from DD very kind and thoughtful. Hope you feel much better soon.
ReplyDeleteSorry you've not been very well, I'm sending you lots of feel better wishes …
ReplyDeleteTake care of yourself.
I love the shawl, such lovely colours in the yarn/wool.
All the best Jan
Ah, spring, that time of year when the nice weather brings everyone out in contact with each other haha. Glad you're on the mend now. Yak sounds like it would have a fuzzy halo, more than the merino! If you have a bit of the yarn left, will Ken get socks too? ;)
ReplyDeleteI hope you are feeling much better soon Julie.
ReplyDeleteLove your shawl. It is so pretty.
What a lovely gift from your DD.
Hope you're feeiing a lot better Julie The shawl looks lovely and snuggly and socks on your needles again.. enjoy the knitting, I find it all so soothing.
ReplyDeleteEvery blessing Take care Chrisxxxxx
Hope you are feeling better now Julie, these things take a while to shift sometimes.
ReplyDeleteI saw that yarn when we went to the NEC and thought it looked nice, it knits up lovely by the looks of it, you shawls looks great.
What a lovely idea to have a rose named after you :-)
Hope you're feeling better Julie. Lovely finish on the shawl - it really is the loveliest wool isn't it?
ReplyDeleteSorry that you've been poorly. I had the same thing and it took me ages to throw it off. Then I got blocked ears and needed to have them syringed!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, you achieved a lot in March, the wool is a beautiful colour.