This year the challenge is different, its a seasonal one. Winter is the theme for January and February. There is an ornament design and also a themed one. You can stitch both or just one. I chose to stitch the ornament, this free design from la Comtesse et le point de Croix. The gallery was opened 1st Feb so I can show you my round version.
A little something for the fund raiser sale at the craft group I belong to. Fingerless gloves stitched with alpaca wool. Not sure about my drawing of the alpaca on the label though!
CCN Gingerbread House chart was a Christmas present. It seemed a shame to put the chart away till a later date. Stitching over 1 on a leftover scrap of gingham has begun.
Casting on a new pair of socks. West Yorkshire Spinners forget-me-not from the floral collection is the wool and the pattern is easy rib socks by Winwick Mum ... easy to knit, not many concentration brain cells needed.
Terrible picture of the red cardigan progress. It needs sewing up and the neck and front bands added.
Lovely project Julie, love that little snowman finish :-)
ReplyDeleteA lovely roundup of projects, and artwork, I think the alpaca is very cute. I haven't used any of the West Yorkshire Spinners floral collection so it will be interesting to see how it knits up.
ReplyDeleteYour drawing of the alpaca is rather sweet!
ReplyDeleteI'm always impressed at how much you achieve Julie, you are very productive when it comes to crafting and very kind too - I'm sure your alpaca will make the recipient smile - the gloves too of course:-)
ReplyDeleteLove your ornament and the finishing. The gloves look warm and cozy as do the socks. Great new WIP.
ReplyDeleteGreat projects Julie. Love you sweet little snowman stitch and the way you finished him. Love the fabric you chose for the gingerbread house. Those gloves are fabulous and all of your gorgeous knitting looks perfect. That red is so pretty! RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
ReplyDeleteLove the cross stitch snowman, the gingerbread house looks wonderful. I think your alpaca drawing looks great
ReplyDeleteJulie xxxxxx
Love the little snowman! So cute.
ReplyDeleteLovely makes & starts. I envy your sock making. I really need to pluck up courage to start some. I found a wool shop not too far from here who has some of the most beautiful sock wool, but at $33 for a skein, it seems unbelievable I'd pay that much for a pair of socks. I'll definitely pick up some WYS yarn while we are away. Have a great week & take care.
ReplyDeleteThe snowman ornament is very sweet! Nice finishes, new starts, and WIP!
ReplyDeleteSuch a lot of pretty projects. I do envy people when I see hand knitted socks, they always look such a treat.I have tried knitting and I just can't get on with it. x
ReplyDeleteLovely snowman ornament , and lots of lovely knitting .
ReplyDeleteYou have been busy Julie , enjoy your week.
Julie: Your snowman is adorable, sweet finish.
ReplyDeleteFingerless gloves are the going style nowadays.
Your sweater color is beautiful.
Catherine
I love the snowman ornament. The fingerless gloves are great. I think your alpaca drawing is sweet.
ReplyDeleteLike many others, I too love the snowman :)
ReplyDeleteLove the red colour of the cardigan.
All the best Jan
Interesting challenges each month. The snowman ornament is lovely, a nice addition for next Christmas and you have been busy with the knitting needles again, the pretty cardigan almost finished.
ReplyDeleteYour round snowman ornament is so sweet, Julie! Always love snowmen in my stitching--such jolly fellows :) I'm sure the beautiful blue gloves will be a quick seller at the fund raiser. Your alpaca drawing is MUCH better than I could do--trust me!!
ReplyDeleteHope February is going well for you ♥
A great finish for your snowman, he's adorable!
ReplyDeleteMore beautiful knitting and your label looks like a munchkin alpaca!
Lovely pieces of work, like the snowman and your alpaca gloves. You've managed to draw a more alpaca like alpaca than I would have done:)
ReplyDeleteYour snowman is lovely Julie. I do like the colour of the gloves and your alpaca
ReplyDeleteBeautiful projects....
ReplyDeleteYou are so productive!! I buy alpaca socks when I find them, they are so warm so the gloves are a great idea. I have to try my hand at stitching on the gingham linen again, I was a new stitcher when I tried it and I sent the fabric off to RJ. I love how it looks. Your almost done with the cardiagan and great start on socks, such pretty colors too.
ReplyDeleteI love the ornament. I hope the fundraiser goes well. I'm always impressed by your knitting skills and speed.
ReplyDeleteLovely projects, Julie.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful projects :)
ReplyDeleteGreat stitching and knitting Julie
ReplyDeleteThe snowman ornament is so cute and quite fitting for winter. Lovely mitts for the fundraiser too, that is wonderful blue, no bias here. :D
ReplyDeleteWill you get a million socks out of that giant ball of yarn? Or is it deceptive and totally hollow on the inside now?
Lovely little Ornament, Christine always finds cute freebies.
ReplyDeleteNice alpaca! And of course, there has to be a red cardigan in the post.