True to my word, Just Nans High Hopes has had some attention during the first week of the year. Still lots more to do.....
The 'Dennis wool' from Hooligan Yarns that DH bought me for Christmas ....
I couldn't resist casting on with this and made it into a pair of socks for DH. It's somewhat rough to the touch but DH has plans to wear them inside his wellington boots to keep his feet warm at the community vegetable/garden plot.
DH is Chairman of the community garden and they meet one afternoon in the week and one morning at the weekend. A basket of winter veggies he brought home from there for us this week. It's nice to share the growing and harvesting with local people and lots of fun there.
A little walk in the weekend sunshine was nice.
A very talented wood carver has been busy as you enter the park.
Children were throwing bread and other treats into the water for some feathered friends
I was surprised to see swathes of snowdrops already in bloom.
Love and blessings
Julie
There is so much detail in your Just Nan project! That wood carving is very interesting.
ReplyDeleteThose Just Nan pieces really do take a lot of time to stitch, Julie! I made this one about 10 years ago for my sister. It has the prettiest colors, doesn't it? Those socks will surely keep your husband toasty... I sure wish I could wear wool, but it always gives me a bad rash so I stay away from it...
ReplyDeleteLovely walk in the sunshine! Hope the remainder of the month is just as pleasant :)
Great socks Julie - well done on getting them finished already - it takes me ages ... The wood carving is fabulous and your stitching looks very intricate .... The weather has been so lovely for these first days of the year it's great to be out and about - my Mum's snowdrops are out too - must check on my own. Have a great rest of January.
ReplyDeleteLovely to see the Dennis socks - perfect for wellies :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful socks....and pictures!
ReplyDeleteLove the cross stitching. Lovely vegetables
ReplyDeleteJulie xxxxxxxx
I keep seeing snowdrops popping up on blogs but I haven't seen any for myself as yet. Your stitching is coming along beautifully, so much detail in the design, it's going to be a wonderful piece. Oh, I can just imagine how warm those Dennis socks will be, they'll make great wellie socks for when he's at the community garden. You really can't get fresher veggies than those, I don't miss all the hard work I had to do at my allotment but I do miss the veggies. To add insult to injury, my local greengrocers, who sold fabulous veg, closed down last year so I'm stuck with supermarket bought veg now and they just don't compare. How lovely to get out for a walk whilst the sun was shining, the tree carving is amazing, there's some really talented people about.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great first week of the year, so many positives. Love DH socks.
ReplyDeleteLooks like your year got off to a great start Julie :-)
ReplyDeleteSnowdrops already! Love the wood carving - amazing!
ReplyDeleteLiz
Oh Julie what a great new year post ,love your socks and the sweet Just Nan stitch , I still have mine in my WIP box I need to pick it up again soon..
ReplyDeleteLovely winter veg and great photos .
Enjoy the rest of your January oh and lovely snowdrops just wonderful.
Ooh those veggies look delicious!
ReplyDeleteNice to see JN getting some love, and the Dennis socks are fabulous
I love the Just Nan piece. So beautiful. I spot a little hedgehog in the middle. Adorable! The socks look warm and cozy. Great new veggies and what a gorgeous wood carving.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading about Dennis and how wonderful to have some of his wool to make socks with they will certainly go well in wellies to keep toes warm in the winter. I spotted some snowdrops last week, they are very early but such a joy to see:)
ReplyDeleteThe colors in that Just Nan are really beautiful! "High Hopes" are what I usually have for my garden and then it becomes a jungle hahah. The Dennis wool knit up so lovely! I wonder if washings will soften them up? Great woodcarving and delicious fresh (winter!) veggies too.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely to have a community vegetable garden. I love the tree carving too. I was surprised to see the first snowdrops poking through around here too, the ones I saw usually appear right at the end of January so they're two weeks early this year. I really enjoyed reading about Dennis... he sounds a bit of a character :)
ReplyDeleteA lovely crop of vegetables Julie, the wood carving is beautiful, so intricate. Good luck with your Just Nan. Great socks which looks so cosy, although I'm hoping we don't get woolly sock weather bbbrrrrrrrr.
ReplyDeleteI like the look of those socks and that basket of winter vegetables look great.
ReplyDeleteIt's so nice to get out and about for a walk, I like the tree carving … I am still yet to see my first snowdrops!
Enjoy the week ahead.
All the best Jan
Your Just Nan piece is so pretty - I love the birds and the flowers :) I think it's so cute that your wool comes with the biography of the sheep! I've never seen that before and it's adorable. Lovely photos too :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Just Nan piece Julie...Lovely pictures. Debbie x
ReplyDeleteJust Nan is adorable, such a sweet garden!
ReplyDeleteLovely sock you made for DH, they do look nice and warm.
Your veggies look delicious and the tree is amazing.
No snow drops here yet, but we finally have some snow!
Julie, your Just Nan stitch is so pretty. I love it. Great socks...you are so good at making them. And your veggies look awesome and so healthy. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
ReplyDeleteThe Just Nan is perfect for making you think of Spring when it's cold outside. Love the wood carving, what a great addition to the park.
ReplyDelete