All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Friday, 25 January 2019

Scavenger Photo-hunt - JANUARY

 
Joining in with Kate for the monthly photo-hunt
 
You can see the other photo-hunters here in the link up post on Kate's blog (I live, I love, I craft, I am me)
 
Cobbled these pics together quickly as it's not been such a good month here healthwise and the mental state is leaving a lot to be desired at the moment. 
Masses of medical appointments, tests and other stuff..... far too complicated and stressful with this rare disease, but the positive attitude is trying hard to keep poking its head above the parapit.
 
 
The words this month were :-
 
Metallic
Plate
Made
Aged
Modern
My Own Choice
 
 
 
METALLIC
 
A rusty old bin ......
 
 
PLATE
 
A gift many years ago that was called 'A Garden Cherub Wall Plate'
although I would call it a plaque myself?
 
 
MADE
 
DH welded and made this weathervane for me.  He modelled it on our cat of the time.  I woke on Christmas morning some years ago and it was on the end of the garage when I opened the blind and looked out.   The best gift ever!
 
 
AGED
 
 
Weather beaten and very aged indeed is this little cute cottage garden ornament that belonged to my late mother-in-law.  It has to be over 25 years old.
 
 
MODERN
 
 
No, its not a wooden seat, it is actually made from recycled plastic milk cartons
 
 
MY OWN CHOICE
 
Granddaughter had a game for Christmas called 'Happy Faces' ....
You spin the spinner and add face parts to the plastic glasses you wear.
It certainly gave us lots of fun and laughter.
 
Did you spot the theme .... a walk round the garden and challenge myself to see what I could come up with to fit this months words.
 
I'm on time posting so that's got to be a big thumbs up.
 
Thanks for stopping by.....
 
Love and blessings to all
 
Julie
 
 

33 comments:

  1. Great photos, I like you choices. The funny faces game looks like great fun and the cat weather vane is wonderful what a super gift. I like the idea of recycled milk bottles making a useful garden seat:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done to walk round the garden and get most of the photos for this month. Not sure I could do that as I dislike leaving things too late! I love the weather vane, great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cottage garden ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the extra challenge of sourcing all the photos without leaving the garden! I love the weather vane, a great gift indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cannot locate the Happy Face on Amazon...
    Would you share the source? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, the game is actually called Funny Faces and was purchased from the store WHSmith.

      Delete
  6. Love how you chose your photos. The weather vane is so neat...great job by your husband. The funny faces are fantastic. I'm sure they were great fun. I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling well. You are in my thoughts and prayers that you will feel better soon. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That weather vane is really something, Julie! I absolutely love it--your husband is as talented as you are :)

    Sending you a hug, Julie and hoping the health situation improves for you. Take care now ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super photos choices this month! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever you, getting all the photos in one hit. Maybe I should try that. Love the little cottage, your best ever Xmas present & found the "timber" seat story interesting. Is that your hubby sporting the big ears? Thanks & take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely selection of photos, especially so many were yielded up by the garden. Sending a virtual hug that things will look up soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely set of photographs. Love the weathervsne. Hope things improve for you soon. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photographs. I love the weather vane and the story behind it. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photos, very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your weathervane, what a clever husband you've got, and the cute little cottage. What a great use for plastic milk cartons, beats them going to landfill. I'm sorry to hear that you're having a bad month, you do so well to keep your chin up and stay positive but I expect it's only natural that everything will get you down every once in a while. Know that you've got lots of friends here who are willing you on and wishing you well, I just wish there was more we could do xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear you've had a bad health month. I hope they can help you feel better soon. Love the photos you have picked for the themes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pictures Julie, and I love the way you managed to find them all in the garden.
    Your weather vane is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry to hear your having a bad time health-wise but well done on getting your photos without leaving the garden. I love the idea of the Funny Face game but my favourite just has to be the weather vane, that really is special :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your weather-vane. I weird I actually take photos of weather-vanes whenever I see unusual ones. I love them. I also love the garden ornament, and where did you get the garden seat, a recycled garden seat seems to be the way to go!

    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The garden seat was purchased from a local garden centre

      Delete
  19. Lovely photos - your cat weather vane is beautiful and the plastic milk bottle seat is amazing, April xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your weathervane - how clever that he modelled on your cat - now you have a double gift. The funny glasses looks like a great game! I hope you feel a bit better soon - this time of the year makes it doubly hard to cope with feeling poorly. Fil

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry to read you are having a bad time health-wise, sending my good wishes and positive thoughts to you.

    I did enjoy seeing all of your photographs and particularly liked the cottage garden ornament.
    The Funny Face game sounds brilliant.

    Take care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Julie, I do hope you're feeling better both mentally and physically. Hugs to you.
    This is a fun post, your weathervane is adorable, what a sweet gift from your DH. Great picture for Happy Faces!
    I think I might have to join in next month, I'm sure there are so many variety of photos to make it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great photos Julie, you have some treasures in your garden. The photo of DH is such fun. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry to hear that this month is proving a rotten one healthwise, maybe February and a bit of sun will help. I love seeing your scavenger photos and was interested to read that the seat is made from recycled plastic milk cartons. amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. A good selection of photographs, Julie.
    I hope things improve soon health wise so that your illness is more manageable/stable.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Julie: First of all I am so sorry you are not feeling well, I will add you to my daily prayers.
    This is an adorable post, totally love them glasses.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  27. Loved each and every one of your photos. Your husband is a very talented metalworker. So sorry about your health issues, but a good attitude does go a long way. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  28. That weathervane is wonderful! Metalworking seems interesting to me, although I'd probably burn the shed down. :) The recycled bench is great too; glad to see things recycled into useful things! I hope your February improves for you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love all your photos, Julie! and really enjoyed a great walk around your garden.
    I’m surprised you still have a metal bin btw! Here everyone has to have these enormous plastic wheelie bins, or do you have them too?
    I like the fact that your bench is made from recycled plastic bottles!
    I’m so sorry to hear about your health problems and I do hope things are improving now.
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, thank you.

It's lovely to hear what you think and it's always nice to read any comments that are left by readers.

I do appreciate each and every comment, thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.