The first GG post of 2019
A cute little Miss Mouse has come to live with me.
Ann who blogs at Beadlework sent me this beautiful sweetie. We've been regularly corresponding during last year and its been lovely to get to know her better.
This is the second Miss Mouse that Ann sent as the first one got lost in the Christmas post :-( We are keeping our fingers crossed that she might find her way here soon.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
A surprise from Clare who runs the Needlecraft Haven forum arrived earlier this month. There are online awards on the forum for the amount of posts you make (a tapatalk site, maybe its usual on all their forums?).
Clare stitched me this lovely hanging pillow to celebrate me becoming a Diamond Havener. I'm the first to receive this award. I've written over 10,000 posts over the 8 years since the forum started - I must be very chatty there!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I've knitted a little gift for DH this month. He suffers badly with cold hands due to arthritis and fibromyalgia. I thought these would keep his hands warm whilst he's playing on the ipad - they do, so thumbs up. Using up leftover sock wool from a pair of his woolly socks.
If you haven't heard of GG, please visit Jo's blog to learn more about it. The sign up page is here.
Love and blessings
Julie

What a precious mouse! How sad that the first got lost. I know how Ann feels. I sent a handmade gift to Scott, my friend Jenny's husband. It is still lost and he has died since then. Just terrible when things are lost in the post. I am glad you have this new precious mouse. Love the fingerless gloves you made your husband. Take good care of yourself now Julie! xoxo
ReplyDeleteOh what a cute little mouse. I hope the first one shows up sometime too. Maybe she just took a longer vacation to get there. Love the ornament. Congrats on being a diamond havener. Love the gloves. I got Jeremiah a pair at a sale. He can wear them while he plays Xbox. He loves them.
ReplyDeleteCongrats Julie on being the first diamond well done .
ReplyDeleteHow sweet is Ann , lovely gift she sent you so cute.
Love your DH gloves nice colour.
Have a good week .
Congratulations Chatterbox!
ReplyDeleteMiss Mouse is adorable!
I love the fingerless gloves too
Such a lovely gift from Ann, Miss Mouse looks very much at home.
ReplyDeleteTapatalk does count your posts but I decided on the awards and post coynts - thank you for being such a great member of Needlecraft Haven :-)
Love the little mouse, she is gorgeous and congrats on winning the hanging pillow, The fingerless gloves are very useful-
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking part in GG this month. Love the mouse, I was only looking at Miss Goth Bunny that you sent me this week!
ReplyDeleteLovely ornie from Clare, what a great idea to track the chattiest group members and reward them!
So you are the 10.000 post lady. Congrats! Love Miss Mouse! AriadnefromGreece!
ReplyDeleteGood for you winning the hanging pillow Julie. I think the other miss mouse is definitely living in a mail room somewhere.
ReplyDeleteLovely gifts and congratulations on your diamond award :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely little mouse, such a shame that the first one got lost in the post, fingers crossed that it turns up eventually. Congratulations on your diamond award, 10,000 posts in eight years, that's some going. My dad has arthritis really bad in his hands, he can barely move his fingers now. He's started using magnetic therapy gloves and he says they help.
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet little mouse. Hope the other one shows up too. Congrats on being a Diamond Havener.
ReplyDeleteLove the gloves.
The iPad mittens are a great idea. Very colorful!
ReplyDeleteOh isn't Miss Mouse gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteHappy Weekend Wishes.
All the best Jan
Bad postal service! I hope the other shows up soon or at least found a loving home elsewhere. Miss Mouse is really adorable! And congrats on your diamond award for being the most talkative ahaha. :D
ReplyDeleteI was really skeptical over fingerless mitts at first but they are amazing! Just enough warmth and still let the fingers be useful. They're great for stitching and other crafts too. Lovely colors in the ones made for your husband.
Oh Julie your mouse is adorable! What a lovely job Anne did making it for you. I'm glad it finally found it way to your home. Love that you won the gift from Clare. That's alot of posts and we all enjoy them. The fingerless mitts are such a wonderful idea. You could even stitch with them. I bet your husband was happy to receive such a thoughtful gift. Happy New Year. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
ReplyDeleteLovely gifts Julie & here I am thinking the English postal service is AOK. Ours is a shocker at times. Take care.
ReplyDeleteOh, that is the kind of mouse that I like, Julie :) Anne's gift is delightful! And what a nice--and well deserved--gift from Clare! I'm sure those wrist warmers will help your husband keep toasty--and what a great way to use up the leftover wool...
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your Sunday, Julie--it's snowy and icy here--great stitching weather!
Nice gifts,I hope the mouse shows up soon, poor mouse being lost.
ReplyDeleteI like the fact there are no fingers in the gloves makes it easier to hit the keys on a iPad or computer.
Miss Mouse is so cute. I do hope the first Miss Mouse makes her way to you. What a great idea the fingerless gloves are for keeping hands warm both inside and out:)
ReplyDeleteAwe, such a lovely gift of Miss Mouse! Hopefully the first one will show up to keep her company.
ReplyDeleteOooh, what a sweet pillow, Miss Chatty Julie!
Perfect gloves for DH, great idea.
Hi Julie...love Miss Mouse...she is so cute. The gloves are a great idea and I love those colours. Debbie x
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute mouse! What a shame the first one didn’t turn up.
ReplyDeleteLovely gift from Claire, and well done on all your posts.
Great gift for Hubbie, hope they do the trick and keep his fingers warmer!
Hugs,
Barbara xx
Your received two lovely gifts, Julie. It's a shame the first mouse got lost. I'm sure DH is glad of his fingerless gloves in this weather.
ReplyDelete